movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Watched Into the Spider-verse this morning. Dang, that was fun. So much better than any of the regular Marvel movies, which, I'll be honest, bore the fuck out of me. I'll admit I was a bit confused by a lot of the parallel universe mumbo jumbo, but it was a fantastic combination of adventure and humour, plus that kind of inspirational aspect that comics used to emphasize.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 10:33am
Watched Into the Spider-verse this morning. Dang, that was fun. So much better than any of the regular Marvel movies, which, I'll be honest, bore the fuck out of me. I'll admit I was a bit confused by a lot of the parallel universe mumbo jumbo, but it was a fantastic combination of adventure and humour, plus that kind of inspirational aspect that comics used to emphasize.
You bootlegging this holmes

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 11:39am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You bootlegging this holmes
First answer: It's available on one of our on-demand channels.
Second answer: No comment.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I was recently looking into using Kodi to stream baseball games. What prevents me from doing stuff like this is whenever I get started down one 0f these paths I get interrupted and then my wife shames me out of it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wasn't it fabulous? I thought it was one of the best movies of last year. I also loved how it had great representation of people of color. It was so clever and the music was awesome. Just a fantastic movie.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Watched The Favourite recently. Was curious about the best actress winner. Meh. The whole movie, meh.
Watched Can You Ever Forgive Me? and wondered how Melissa McCarthy didn't win best actress for this role.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 12:45pm
Watched The Favourite recently. Was curious about the best actress winner. Meh. The whole movie, meh.
Watched Can You Ever Forgive Me? and wondered how Melissa McCarthy didn't win best actress for this role.
I liked it, but the Oscars are a complete waste of time.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 12:53pm
Mimi wrote:
Yeah, true, and I probably spend too much time wondering how/why someone wins. :disshame:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 10:27am
Silent Majority wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 5:50am
I saw Us last night. Great bit of modern horror. Not an all time classic like Get Out but creepy as hell.
i'm seeing it this evening
I overhyped it in my head, it was good but I was expecting a world-changer. My own fault.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 1:03pm
Kory wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Yeah, true, and I probably spend too much time wondering how/why someone wins. :disshame:
Let's not forget the winner last year was a movie about having sex with a gill man. Love the movie for my own reasons, but I highly doubt it was the best that year.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 1:21pm
Let's not forget the winner last year was a movie about having sex with a gill man. Love the movie for my own reasons, but I highly doubt it was the best that year.
the greatest movies of all time are always about doin' it with fish dudes. FACT
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
Mimi wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 1:03pm
Kory wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Urk. I forgot about that.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 1:26pm
Kory wrote:
the greatest movies of all time are always about doin' it with fish dudes. FACT
To US, sure. But the greater public doesn't understand philanthropiscopy. GWAR does, though.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 1:30pm
To US, sure. But the greater public doesn't understand philanthropiscopy. GWAR does, though.
And this guy:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 1:34pm
Kory wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 1:30pm
And this guy:
I heard that was just a rumor.