What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5291
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob » 12 Sep 2017, 5:02pm

Ive had grilled corn before. Some people dont know how to do it though it seems. I just boil it because its easiest. I even got a grill with a side burner so i can do it outside in rhe summe r wuthout heating up the kitchen

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71139
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Sep 2017, 5:18pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 4:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 2:17pm
Kory wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 12:55pm
Roasting it with a bit of pepper is quite good.
Hmm, that sounds interesting. Any particular kind of pepper?
I drizzle a little maple syrup, salt, and chulula sauce on each ear and then roll it in foil and roast it. Diagnosis Delicious.
Gonna make a note of that. Thanks!
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5291
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob » 12 Sep 2017, 5:24pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 4:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 2:17pm
Kory wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 12:55pm
Roasting it with a bit of pepper is quite good.
Hmm, that sounds interesting. Any particular kind of pepper?
I drizzle a little maple syrup, salt, and chulula sauce on each ear and then roll it in foil and roast it. Diagnosis Delicious.
Damn that sounds pretty high falutin.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14819
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by 101Walterton » 12 Sep 2017, 6:37pm

Barbecue corn is great we have it a lot.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7382
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Kory » 12 Sep 2017, 7:01pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 2:17pm
Kory wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 12:55pm
Roasting it with a bit of pepper is quite good.
Hmm, that sounds interesting. Any particular kind of pepper?
Let me ask the missuz, she's the one that makes that gourmet shit.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71139
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Sep 2017, 7:28pm

Kory wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 7:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 2:17pm
Kory wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 12:55pm
Roasting it with a bit of pepper is quite good.
Hmm, that sounds interesting. Any particular kind of pepper?
Let me ask the missuz, she's the one that makes that gourmet shit.
Jesus Christ, are you henpecked already? You wear the pants, you decide what the pepper is! :shifty:
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6854
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by BostonBeaneater » 12 Sep 2017, 9:55pm

revbob wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 5:24pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 4:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 2:17pm
Kory wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 12:55pm
Roasting it with a bit of pepper is quite good.
Hmm, that sounds interesting. Any particular kind of pepper?
I drizzle a little maple syrup, salt, and chulula sauce on each ear and then roll it in foil and roast it. Diagnosis Delicious.
Damn that sounds pretty high falutin.
I also only wear a pair of socks once and the wipe my ass with em. I just leave em in the stall, for the fans.
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5291
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob » 13 Sep 2017, 5:03am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 9:55pm
revbob wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 5:24pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 4:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 2:17pm
Kory wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 12:55pm
Roasting it with a bit of pepper is quite good.
Hmm, that sounds interesting. Any particular kind of pepper?
I drizzle a little maple syrup, salt, and chulula sauce on each ear and then roll it in foil and roast it. Diagnosis Delicious.
Damn that sounds pretty high falutin.
I also only wear a pair of socks once and the wipe my ass with em. I just leave em in the stall, for the fans.
Which is befitting for a person of your station.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71139
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Sep 2017, 6:38am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 9:55pm
I also only wear a pair of socks once and the wipe my ass with em. I just leave em in the stall, for the fans.
When I was an undergrad, a bunch of us were doing a group study for an upcoming final. Diverse background, but we were all history dorks. One guy, a big farm kid who cultivated a redneck dolt persona despite being pretty damned sharp, announced out of nowhere that if you're ever icefishing and need to take a shit, just go on the ice and clean up with your underwear. Come the thaw, all the evidence will sink to the bottom. He did it to try to shock people and the complete absence of any kind of segue made it all comedy gold.

edit: Just googled him and found his Facebook page. He's fully embraced his ugly redneck side and become "your uncle on Facebook." :sad:
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6854
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by BostonBeaneater » 13 Sep 2017, 4:27pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 6:38am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 9:55pm
I also only wear a pair of socks once and the wipe my ass with em. I just leave em in the stall, for the fans.
When I was an undergrad, a bunch of us were doing a group study for an upcoming final. Diverse background, but we were all history dorks. One guy, a big farm kid who cultivated a redneck dolt persona despite being pretty damned sharp, announced out of nowhere that if you're ever icefishing and need to take a shit, just go on the ice and clean up with your underwear. Come the thaw, all the evidence will sink to the bottom. He did it to try to shock people and the complete absence of any kind of segue made it all comedy gold.

edit: Just googled him and found his Facebook page. He's fully embraced his ugly redneck side and become "your uncle on Facebook." :sad:
Confederate Canadian Flags?

Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71139
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Sep 2017, 4:57pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 4:27pm
Confederate Canadian Flags?
There was a story the other day about the supposed increased sightings of the Stars and Bars up here since the US election. Yeah, that flag is all about state's rights and Southern heritage and shit. Nothin' to do with being a racist shitbag.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5291
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob » 13 Sep 2017, 5:36pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 4:57pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 4:27pm
Confederate Canadian Flags?
There was a story the other day about the supposed increased sightings of the Stars and Bars up here since the US election. Yeah, that flag is all about state's rights and Southern heritage and shit. Nothin' to do with being a racist shitbag.
For some people i think they think its a cool icon because of the Dukes of Hazzard/Lynrd Skynrd/Molly Hatchet...stupid ass southern rock crap that mamaged to sort of make it mainstream back in the 70s and 80s. Just as stupid though. Im by no means giving anyone a pass on this but like saying goes dont presume malice where ignorance/stupidity will do. Im probably not getting that exactly right but you get the idea. That said when i do see that emblem i presume the worst of the wearer. A while back there was a Native American dude who moved to town and was doing a bit of political stuff as well as selling stuff at street markets. He clained (and I have no real reason to doubt) to have previously been a member of AIM and he had a confederate flag tatoo. A friend of mine called him out on it but i dont recall his answer but it eas basically stupidity of youth.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71139
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Sep 2017, 6:08pm

revbob wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 5:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 4:57pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 4:27pm
Confederate Canadian Flags?
There was a story the other day about the supposed increased sightings of the Stars and Bars up here since the US election. Yeah, that flag is all about state's rights and Southern heritage and shit. Nothin' to do with being a racist shitbag.
For some people i think they think its a cool icon because of the Dukes of Hazzard/Lynrd Skynrd/Molly Hatchet...stupid ass southern rock crap that mamaged to sort of make it mainstream back in the 70s and 80s. Just as stupid though. Im by no means giving anyone a pass on this but like saying goes dont presume malice where ignorance/stupidity will do. Im probably not getting that exactly right but you get the idea. That said when i do see that emblem i presume the worst of the wearer. A while back there was a Native American dude who moved to town and was doing a bit of political stuff as well as selling stuff at street markets. He clained (and I have no real reason to doubt) to have previously been a member of AIM and he had a confederate flag tatoo. A friend of mine called him out on it but i dont recall his answer but it eas basically stupidity of youth.
20, 30 years ago, yeah, I'd say it's just as likely some dumb-ass good ol' boy rebel crap (sincere or otherwise). Nowadays, tho, I have a harder time believing that those who embrace that flag are signalling anything but something ugly. To their credit (I guess), the neo-Nazis have reclaimed it from the good ol' boys as a symbol of white supremacy.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14819
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by 101Walterton » 13 Sep 2017, 8:43pm

Irish Stew

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5291
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob » 13 Sep 2017, 10:14pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 6:08pm
revbob wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 5:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 4:57pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 4:27pm
Confederate Canadian Flags?
There was a story the other day about the supposed increased sightings of the Stars and Bars up here since the US election. Yeah, that flag is all about state's rights and Southern heritage and shit. Nothin' to do with being a racist shitbag.
For some people i think they think its a cool icon because of the Dukes of Hazzard/Lynrd Skynrd/Molly Hatchet...stupid ass southern rock crap that mamaged to sort of make it mainstream back in the 70s and 80s. Just as stupid though. Im by no means giving anyone a pass on this but like saying goes dont presume malice where ignorance/stupidity will do. Im probably not getting that exactly right but you get the idea. That said when i do see that emblem i presume the worst of the wearer. A while back there was a Native American dude who moved to town and was doing a bit of political stuff as well as selling stuff at street markets. He clained (and I have no real reason to doubt) to have previously been a member of AIM and he had a confederate flag tatoo. A friend of mine called him out on it but i dont recall his answer but it eas basically stupidity of youth.
20, 30 years ago, yeah, I'd say it's just as likely some dumb-ass good ol' boy rebel crap (sincere or otherwise). Nowadays, tho, I have a harder time believing that those who embrace that flag are signalling anything but something ugly. To their credit (I guess), the neo-Nazis have reclaimed it from the good ol' boys as a symbol of white supremacy.
No you're right especially the big 3'x5' flags on their pickups.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests