What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 5:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 4:45pm
We had a sizeable raspberry bush in the backyard where I grew up. One of those things that you don't appreciate as a kid, but, holy hell, would I love that now.
As a kid we had LOTS of wild raspberries and we would just devour them. I pulled some wild ones from the woods and then bought a few of the cultivated varieties. I've got some that are one and done and others that will produce into October and
sometimes November.
The Boss planted some last year. The stalks or whatever are still alive, but haven't produced anything. She also planted rhubarb but, amazingly, some form of wildlife devoured it. What kind of creature eats raw rhubarb?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 5:18pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
We had a sizeable raspberry bush in the backyard where I grew up. One of those things that you don't appreciate as a kid, but, holy hell, would I love that now.
As a kid we had LOTS of wild raspberries and we would just devour them. I pulled some wild ones from the woods and then bought a few of the cultivated varieties. I've got some that are one and done and others that will produce into October and
sometimes November.
The Boss planted some last year. The stalks or whatever are still alive, but haven't produced anything. She also planted rhubarb but, amazingly, some form of wildlife devoured it. What kind of creature eats raw rhubarb?
Rusty snout beetle and slugs. Wild Deer will also munch rhubarb down to a stump. And this little fellow which I hadn't heard of until today ....Rhubarb curculio. (Rhubarb weevil).

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

When we were kids we would eat the rhubarb stalks.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss is blaming my squirrels for the rhubarb assault. I think it's skunks or raccoons. Neither of us have evidence for our arguments save for presence at the crime scene.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 9:44pm
The Boss is blaming my squirrels for the rhubarb assault. I think it's skunks or raccoons. Neither of us have evidence for our arguments save for presence at the crime scene.
Speaking of squirrels, VH put a bird feeder in the yard where the squirrels like to congregate (they evidently can't access the seeds. I have no idea how or why, I honestly don't give a shit). This has, however, brought a whole new form of entertainment when releasing Scout into the yard.

Deer have eaten all of our hostas, but I feel like we are encroaching on their land, so have at it.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 9:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Speaking of squirrels, VH put a bird feeder in the yard where the squirrels like to congregate (they evidently can't access the seeds. I have no idea how or why, I honestly don't give a shit). This has, however, brought a whole new form of entertainment when releasing Scout into the yard.

Deer have eaten all of our hostas, but I feel like we are encroaching on their land, so have at it.
They will get those seeds.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Want some more hostas? I have a TON in my yard! Too bad you can't stop by and pick some up! :mrgreen:

Personally, I wish the deer would eat a few of them!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
I can get a bit irritated with what the various wildlife do to our yard—we've actually had peanut growths in our lawn from where the Petes and Lanas bury excess peanuts—but I share your view. They have a short and challenging life; I ain't for making it worse.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
sometimes November.
We went and picked a ton of blackcaps (or black raspberries depending on where you're from) last weekend and they were AWESOME! They grow wild all over one of our county parks. Interesting when I think about all of the wild berries that grow in my neighborhood that most people just pass by. There is a mulberry tree at my kid's school - very yummy. I also have gooseberries in my yard and I've tried to make gooseberry wine several times - but it has not turned out.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 10:34am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You're just saying that so I will aid you in your quest to commit squirrel genocide.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater

JennyB wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 10:56am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 10:34am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You're just saying that so I will aid you in your quest to commit squirrel genocide.
They would destroy you and everyone you love if they could. Here's one of the leaders I received from our intelligence:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Grilled sirloin with brown rice and sauteed mushrooms. Simple but great.

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 7:01pm
Grilled sirloin with brown rice and sauteed mushrooms. Simple but great.
I love mushrooms with steak.

BostonBeaneater

Pinchy
43882722-0AAD-4D30-B635-B7069D7B7EBE.jpeg

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach