What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 10:19am
Pistachios.
How many pounds? I mean, the base measure of pistachio consumption can only be pounds.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 10:27am
JennyB wrote:
Pistachios.
How many pounds? I mean, the base measure of pistachio consumption can only be pounds.
I'm trying to be good, so only a small bag.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 10:30am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Pistachios.
Inconceivable!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Pistachios.
Small, in the same way your son is a small boy, I'm sure. Can't sate my pistachio hunger.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Silent Majority wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 12:15pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Pistachios.
Small, in the same way your son is a small boy, I'm sure. Can't sate my pistachio hunger.
I’m gonna buy some right now. I eat em as is and grind em up for risotto and fish fillet dishes I make.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Silent Majority wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 12:15pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Pistachios.
I made sure just to buy a small bag. Otherwise, I would be eating an entire pistachio plantation.
Got a Rake? Sure!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I’ve been dating a vegan and it has been very interesting learning about that whole culture. I never really understood just how much of a culture it is. I’m a definite omnivore (but not one of those over the top “I must eat red meat” idiots) and she thankfully doesn’t mind that I eat non-vegan. It has been interesting, however. I mean - I never knew what nutritional yeast was (or where to get it) until I met her. I didn’t know that vegan cheese melts for shit on a pizza, but tastes pretty good. They’re also a very tight knit community and have their own slang and stuff like that. If you’re simply a vegetarian then you’re “veg” and not vegan. I don’t ever see myself even becoming a vegetarian as there are too many things like burgers, bacon, pepperoni pizzas, BBQ, and heart clogging stuff like that I like - but it has been interesting thus far getting this glimpse into this culture I knew so very little about!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Im cooking a pot roast today.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2018, 12:19pm
Hard to beat a good pot roast...

I went to South Bend with the lady friend this past weekend (she had a conference at Notre Dame) and I ate vegan all weekend. Food actually wasn't bad and even quite interesting. Artichokes lightly breaded and covered in wing sauce to create vegan chicken wings. I had a vegan milkshake and gyro yesterday. I will say, however, when your body is used to consuming a crummy diet of processed foods and so on - introducing a plant based diet is a major shock to the system and while I don't feel out-and-out terrible...I feel a little rough.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 10:10am
revbob wrote:

I went to South Bend with the lady friend this past weekend (she had a conference at Notre Dame) and I ate vegan all weekend. Food actually wasn't bad and even quite interesting. Artichokes lightly breaded and covered in wing sauce to create vegan chicken wings. I had a vegan milkshake and gyro yesterday. I will say, however, when your body is used to consuming a crummy diet of processed foods and so on - introducing a plant based diet is a major shock to the system and while I don't feel out-and-out terrible...I feel a little rough.
So... no doubt some will argue, I think you can have a healthy non vegan diet. I think eliminating the crummy processed foods are the way to go tbough.

The pot roast was excellent BTW.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 4:24pm
WestwayKid wrote:
revbob wrote:

So... no doubt some will argue, I think you can have a healthy non vegan diet. I think eliminating the crummy processed foods are the way to go tbough.

You can also have a crummy vegan diet. I know plenty of vegans who subsist on french fries and doritos.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 4:49pm
revbob wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 4:24pm
WestwayKid wrote:
revbob wrote:

You can also have a crummy vegan diet. I know plenty of vegans who subsist on french fries and doritos.
Yeah, there's a lot of work involved to make sure you get enough protein. I've known a lot of really sickly looking vegetarians who fail to replace what meat provides nutritionally.

BostonBeaneater

I like meat and find it hard to feel strong without it. I just made pizza on one of those par baked crusts with lamb meatballs, feta, moz, mint and a little olive oil. It’s pretty damn good. I just try to eat a little less meat and spend a little more to get higher quality stuff. Boston has a lot of good halal butchers which I am making use of. My one weakness for really shitty food is White Castle which I get once or twice a year.

Here’s the pizza.
Attachments
Lamb pie
Lamb pie
9C805BBE-9A29-43F3-91A0-6C0B9A41D682.jpeg (898 KiB) Viewed 1676 times

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 6:21pm
I like meat and find it hard to feel strong without it. I just made pizza on one of those par baked crusts with lamb meatballs, feta, moz, mint and a little olive oil. It’s pretty damn good. I just try to eat a little less meat and spend a little more to get higher quality stuff. Boston has a lot of good halal butchers which I am making use of. My one weakness for really shitty food is White Castle which I get once or twice a year.

Here’s the pizza.
Pizza looks good. When I was much younger I had a weakness for fast food and other junk food. I can pretty much avoid all of that for the past 10-20 years, except maybe hot dogs. Arguably burgers and beef in general arent good for you either and I do eat that

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 8:20pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 6:21pm

Here’s the pizza.
Pizza looks good. When I was much younger I had a weakness for fast food and other junk food. I can pretty much avoid all of that for the past 10-20 years, except maybe hot dogs. Arguably burgers and beef in general arent good for you either and I do eat that
Generally speaking I only eat hot dogs at ballgames. I feel compelled to eat a hot dog at a ball park. Also, once or twice a winter I open a can of brown bread, a can of baked beans, and a packet of Hebrew Nationals and have a lovely cold night supper.