Futurama

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Futurama

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Kory wrote:Well, it was surprisingly good.
yes, agree
So it's worth my thirty minutes to watch it when comes on the On-Demand channel thingee? Because I'll have you know that my time is valuable, dammit, and I require much laughter with my time.
The plot had a flaw, but I don't wanna spoil it. watch it first.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

[v][/v]
Oh shit! This will probably grow legs and become a thing, like the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
yes, agree
So it's worth my thirty minutes to watch it when comes on the On-Demand channel thingee? Because I'll have you know that my time is valuable, dammit, and I require much laughter with my time.
Okay, I watched it. It was okay-ish. Too much forced referencing spoiled a potentially good story. It's like they had a checklist of all things and characters that had to be acknowledged.

Does your plot flaw involve another time travel episode?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
yes, agree
Okay, I watched it. It was okay-ish. Too much forced referencing spoiled a potentially good story. It's like they had a checklist of all things and characters that had to be acknowledged.

Well, they came back to prevent the little Barts from ever existing, but they turned out to be as easy to kill as ants.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote: yes, agree

Well, they came back to prevent the little Barts from ever existing, but they turned out to be as easy to kill as ants.
I dunno, maybe they were harder to kill when they were bunnies? My plot flaw relates to Bender already being abandoned for a thousand years after the Roswell episode. And why was Seymour hanging out in front of a Springfield store instead of faithfully waiting in New York? (That's one of the dumb checklist references that I didn't like.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: So it's worth my thirty minutes to watch it when comes on the On-Demand channel thingee? Because I'll have you know that my time is valuable, dammit, and I require much laughter with my time.

I dunno, maybe they were harder to kill when they were bunnies? My plot flaw relates to Bender already being abandoned for a thousand years after the Roswell episode. And why was Seymour hanging out in front of a Springfield store instead of faithfully waiting in New York? (That's one of the dumb checklist references that I didn't like.)
Wife pointed that out as well.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote: The plot had a flaw, but I don't wanna spoil it. watch it first.

Wife pointed that out as well.
See, that's why we have baths.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I do like full circle jokes, so you're off the hook, this one time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:[v][/v]
Oh shit! This will probably grow legs and become a thing, like the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
just bringing this awesome thing back

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

sorry charlie, it's been done

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2120120/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:sorry charlie, it's been done

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2120120/
But it has Dam Sandler AND Kevin Janes how could it not be good.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Burned through the entire series in the last few weeks. Had never gotten around to watching the last season and a half or so.Watched as a piece, it's actually really satisfying how well the revived seasons play next to the original run. I love all these characters so, so much. What a remarkable show. One of the best ever, really.

I still don't want to watch the crossover episode with the Simpsons, though.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:Burned through the entire series in the last few weeks. Had never gotten around to watching the last season and a half or so.Watched as a piece, it's actually really satisfying how well the revived seasons play next to the original run. I love all these characters so, so much. What a remarkable show. One of the best ever, really.

I refuse to believe that is a thing that existed and will deny it even if shown proof.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:Burned through the entire series in the last few weeks. Had never gotten around to watching the last season and a half or so.Watched as a piece, it's actually really satisfying how well the revived seasons play next to the original run. I love all these characters so, so much. What a remarkable show. One of the best ever, really.

I'll agree with this. I was a little disappointed during the original airing, but subsequent viewings has strengthened them.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc