Futurama

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Futurama

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:League of Robots was the best part of Beast.
BY FAR.
mmm. I liked it. It had more jokes per capita than the others.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Guys, I'm not even gonna fucking lie. Straight up, DEVO is gonna be in the new Futurama season:
In our 100th episode special, Mark Mothersbaugh and Devo campaign for mutant rights — Leela’s parents are second-class, mutant citizens who live underground in the sewers. The members of Devo have mutated over the years, and Mark Mothersbaugh helps out in their campaign for equality.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/25/futur ... n-preview/

Lots of tasty tidbits in that whole interview actually. The plot reveals all sound awesome. So very stoked.

Addendum: On, and:
Patton Oswalt will appear in next season, playing a character called Unattractive Giant Monster.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm usually pretty wary of shows coming back from the dead—hell, I was probably wary of Futurama's return when the dvd movies were announced—but I'm ridiculously confident that Futurama won't miss a beat in getting back to what made it work the first time around.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:Guys, I'm not even gonna fucking lie. Straight up, DEVO is gonna be in the new Futurama season:
In our 100th episode special, Mark Mothersbaugh and Devo campaign for mutant rights — Leela’s parents are second-class, mutant citizens who live underground in the sewers. The members of Devo have mutated over the years, and Mark Mothersbaugh helps out in their campaign for equality.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/25/futur ... n-preview/

Lots of tasty tidbits in that whole interview actually. The plot reveals all sound awesome. So very stoked.

Addendum: On, and:
Patton Oswalt will appear in next season, playing a character called Unattractive Giant Monster.
I have a figurative erection that is at least 8 feet long, and an unrelated literal one that is somewhat less impressive.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Has anyone noticed how choppy the animation is in the previews? I hope that they didn't have to cut any budget by being on CC....we're going to have Squigglevision™ Futurama before you know it...

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:Has anyone noticed how choppy the animation is in the previews? I hope that they didn't have to cut any budget by being on CC....we're going to have Squigglevision™ Futurama before you know it...
I haven't actually seen a preview. Weird, huh?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:Has anyone noticed how choppy the animation is in the previews? I hope that they didn't have to cut any budget by being on CC....we're going to have Squigglevision™ Futurama before you know it...
It's not terrible, just noticeable to fans...I'm sure you would see it too. I'm hoping it's just because they didn't get a chance to finish it or something before the teaser....I'll try to find one of them.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
It's not terrible, just noticeable to fans...I'm sure you would see it too. I'm hoping it's just because they didn't get a chance to finish it or something before the teaser....I'll try to find one of them.
I haven't seen any video previews, just screen captures. I'm trying to stay relatively pure.

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2010 ... r-trailer/

It's not loading for me right now, but you may have better luck.

edit: got it. I can't tell if it's as bad as I initially thought, but something is definitely different.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I haven't seen any video previews, just screen captures. I'm trying to stay relatively pure.
Same here.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Kory wrote:Image
Jesus, couldn't that artist have at least tried to make Leela look like a woman.

If the writing is still up to snuff and it doesn't look like 12 Oz. Mouse I'll be happy with Futurama.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Kill What? Kill Who?

Flex

Post by Flex »

yes Yes YES YES YES

Also, for some reason none of the CC videos have been able to work for me.

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:yes Yes YES YES YES

Also, for some reason none of the CC videos have been able to work for me.
Yeah, I get that once in a while too. But it's better to stay pure, as mentioned earlier.