FAO Jenny's idle amusement

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: FAO Jenny's idle amusement

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 3:12pm
it's a pretty good song
:sad:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

JennyB wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 10:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 4:53pm
Our teachers have failed to convey the truth to young people that Toto should be incinerated in an Orwellian memory hole so that we can get on with pretending they never existed.
Yes to this. I'm not one to criticize millenials, but I do when it comes to fucking TOTO.
http://fidouniverse.com/wp-content/uplo ... 4-blog.jpg

:mrgreen:
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

hairydot61 wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 2:11pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Our teachers have failed to convey the truth to young people that Toto should be incinerated in an Orwellian memory hole so that we can get on with pretending they never existed.
Yes to this. I'm not one to criticize millenials, but I do when it comes to fucking TOTO.
http://fidouniverse.com/wp-content/uplo ... 4-blog.jpg

:mrgreen:
That Toto is fine.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 10:38am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Forgiveness of student loans must be attached to a full-throated rejection of Toto. This is non-negotiable!
Indeed!
Got a Rake? Sure!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dammit. I'm the least interesting one on there.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm just about to start reading a student's short analysis of Sting's "Russians." I thought of you, probably getting as misty inspired as I'm going to be.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 5:28pm
I'm just about to start reading a student's short analysis of Sting's "Russians." I thought of you, probably getting as misty inspired as I'm going to be.
I'm so honored!

Since you aren't on FB or Twitter, you missed this post from two days ago:

Great. Scott has control of the stereo right now and Money for Nothing came on. I had to remind him that this song is not only problematic because of the gay slur but also because it features Sting.

Sting once tried to kill my friend Marcy’s dad. And he also tried to kill all of us with his solo career.

(I think I have told this story before, but my friend Marcy's dad was at some rainforest benefit and Sting cut in front of him in line at the bar and was generally very rude to her dad, a sweet little old man. So it's grown into this whole thing where I try to think of the most outrageous thing Sting did to her dad, like tossing him out of a ten story window or throwing acid in his face. Then Marcy usually responds with something like "No, no. He merely pulled the chair out from him before he sat down and yelled 'psych!'" or "Sigh. He didn't try to *kill* him. He merely stuck out his leg while Alps was walking by & yelled "have a nice trip!")
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 9:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm so honored!

Great. Scott has control of the stereo right now and Money for Nothing came on. I had to remind him that this song is not only problematic because of the gay slur but also because it features Sting.

Sting once tried to kill my friend Marcy’s dad. And he also tried to kill all of us with his solo career.

(I think I have told this story before, but my friend Marcy's dad was at some rainforest benefit and Sting cut in front of him in line at the bar and was generally very rude to her dad, a sweet little old man. So it's grown into this whole thing where I try to think of the most outrageous thing Sting did to her dad, like tossing him out of a ten story window or throwing acid in his face. Then Marcy usually responds with something like "No, no. He merely pulled the chair out from him before he sat down and yelled 'psych!'" or "Sigh. He didn't try to *kill* him. He merely stuck out his leg while Alps was walking by & yelled "have a nice trip!")
I remember you sharing that story. That Sting hasn't been put in the docket in The Hague is a travesty.

Also, the student analysis was so-so.

Also, you need to password-protect all your media devices to keep VH from having any control over them. If ever there were a "think of the children" situation, that is it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 10:01am
JennyB wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 9:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm so honored!

I remember you sharing that story. That Sting hasn't been put in the docket in The Hague is a travesty.

Also, the student analysis was so-so.

Also, you need to password-protect all your media devices to keep VH from having any control over them. If ever there were a "think of the children" situation, that is it.
What was the gist of the analysis?

And I will pay top dollar to make your suggestion happen.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 10:04am
Students were asked to consider a piece of music—song, album, concert—not in aesthetic terms but historic ones. That is, how could this music be used as a piece of historical evidence? The student placed the song in the context of, duh, the late Cold War and opposition to the Reagan administration. Weirdly so, given the lyrics are largely and more directly aimed at the Soviet Union. The one bit that I quite liked, and expanded upon his idea in my comments, is that compared to anti-war songs of the 60s, which were a lot more upbeat or angry, "Russians" is sombre and rather passive. I suggested that rather than rallying people, it's more begging those in power to do the right thing. In its own way, it's rather defeatist in terms of citizen power. I suggested thinking about that tone with regards to the peace movement in the 1980s—is that consistent or contrary?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 10:15am
JennyB wrote:
Students were asked to consider a piece of music—song, album, concert—not in aesthetic terms but historic ones. That is, how could this music be used as a piece of historical evidence? The student placed the song in the context of, duh, the late Cold War and opposition to the Reagan administration. Weirdly so, given the lyrics are largely and more directly aimed at the Soviet Union. The one bit that I quite liked, and expanded upon his idea in my comments, is that compared to anti-war songs of the 60s, which were a lot more upbeat or angry, "Russians" is sombre and rather passive. I suggested that rather than rallying people, it's more begging those in power to do the right thing. In its own way, it's rather defeatist in terms of citizen power. I suggested thinking about that tone with regards to the peace movement in the 1980s—is that consistent or contrary?
Cool.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
What if he just turned in the paper with the following:

"This song sucks. Bring me the head of Gordon Sumner!"
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 1:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

A+ as well as use of the Dean's summer home.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 1:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I would have to remind myself that I can't bring personal feelings into my job.