This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Archer does a bottle episode. Or an elevator episode. Anyway, it's 22+ minutes straight of hilarious snappy banter. Fuck plot, characterization can carry this damn show.
That was fucking great. I was wondering if someone had watched that having not seen the show before, there's no way they would have liked it, right?
Probably not. It was fundamentally one big in-joke that depends on knowing the idiosyncrasies of all the characters.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Archer does a bottle episode. Or an elevator episode. Anyway, it's 22+ minutes straight of hilarious snappy banter. Fuck plot, characterization can carry this damn show.
That was fucking great. I was wondering if someone had watched that having not seen the show before, there's no way they would have liked it, right?
Probably not. It was fundamentally one big in-joke that depends on knowing the idiosyncrasies of all the characters.
Finlly watched this last night. If I stumbled across that (elevator episode) I would have been scouring the internet for more that was fucking great.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Finlly watched this last night. If I stumbled across that (elevator episode) I would have been scouring the internet for more that was fucking great.
I love it when dumb characters do something smart, like when Cheryl correctly guessed what every person was thinking or when Charlie figured out the Airline Miles scam.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Jesus Christ, it's impossible not to be in complete awe at how good this show is at rapid banter. Also: Rumplestumpskin.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Jesus Christ, it's impossible not to be in complete awe at how good this show is at rapid banter. Also: Rumplestumpskin.
Right now I declare it the funniest show on television.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Jesus Christ, it's impossible not to be in complete awe at how good this show is at rapid banter. Also: Rumplestumpskin.
I think I agree, tho Sunny is firing on all cylinders this season and, full credit to tep, Broad City has won over me and the missuz. One area of improvement for Archer this season is that Ray has become just as reliable a character for banter as the others.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I think I agree, tho Sunny is firing on all cylinders this season and, full credit to tep, Broad City has won over me and the missuz. One area of improvement for Archer this season is that Ray has become just as reliable a character for banter as the others.
Sunny and Broad City are runners up for sure. I'm drawing a blank on anything else right now. Portlandia as well I think but for me none of them tops Archer. And yeah I know what you mean about Ray's character. There were some past episodes where he was more prominent and those were good and I t doesn't take anything away from the other characters either. I had someone try to sell me on big bang theory again yesterday. The new me politely declines. The old me would have blurted out that show sucks. I like how my daughter came to the conclusion that it is horrible too without any bias from me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:I had someone try to sell me on big bang theory again yesterday. The new me politely declines. The old me would have blurted out that show sucks. I like how my daughter came to the conclusion that it is horrible too without any bias from me.
And just like that, you've been nominated for Father of the Year. :cool:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sshhh, don't tell James about this thread.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Sunny and Broad City are runners up for sure. I'm drawing a blank on anything else right now. Portlandia as well I think but for me none of them tops Archer. And yeah I know what you mean about Ray's character. There were some past episodes where he was more prominent and those were good and I t doesn't take anything away from the other characters either. I had someone try to sell me on big bang theory again yesterday. The new me politely declines. The old me would have blurted out that show sucks. I like how my daughter came to the conclusion that it is horrible too without any bias from me.
With Sunny, Broad City and Archer, I am declaring this the golden age of TV comedy.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote: With Sunny, Broad City and Archer, I am declaring this the golden age of TV comedy.
Here here!!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And don't forget Big Bang Theory!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

If that promo does not make you howl or at least guffaw, you're a lousy human being.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

If that promo does not make you howl or at least guffaw, you're a lousy human being.
That was awesome

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That was awesome
The last scene of Cyril as Higgins is priceless.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc