MLB 2010

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76850
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Apr 2012, 11:39am

modskin wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
modskin wrote:I don't know how Clark didn't make the HOF..
He's one of those guys who was really good but never made a real impression (speaking personally, of course). Harold Baines is another guy like that. Guys you'd want on your team, but they aren't the first pick.
I'd think if Larkin made it, Clark would have... 2000+ career hits, workhorse player, yet still couldn't get 5% to stay on the ballot..
Position makes all the difference in that case. It's expected that a 1B will be a solid hitter. Larkin was one of the first solid hitting SS's who was always decent with the glove. Tho, to be honest, Larkin's another of those guys who was really good but didn't really stand out for me..
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76850
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Apr 2012, 11:39am

*le post double*
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27873
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Heston » 26 Apr 2012, 11:58am

Hands up if Mitch's brother brought you over to the MBLA thread!
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50479
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Wolter » 26 Apr 2012, 12:07pm

Heston wrote:Hands up if Mitch's brother brought you over to the MBLA thread!
Is this the MPLA?
Is this the UDA?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20542
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: MLB 2010

Post by matedog » 26 Apr 2012, 12:17pm

Gumby1967 wrote:Ha, ha, ha! So original. You are so quick witted. Does your mommy know you are using her Tandy computer for something other than Frogger? I love how people can tear someone down for just the pure enjoyment. Just wondering how many major league at bats or pitches you have under your belts? You know the funny thing is, if Mitch struck him out and Philly went on to win the WS would anyone remember Mitch? You people spew hate just so you can feel better about your crappy existence. His WS check was more than you guys could make in 5-10 years.
This guy is the Clashy of the MLB thread.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27873
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Heston » 26 Apr 2012, 12:18pm

matedog wrote:
Gumby1967 wrote:Ha, ha, ha! So original. You are so quick witted. Does your mommy know you are using her Tandy computer for something other than Frogger? I love how people can tear someone down for just the pure enjoyment. Just wondering how many major league at bats or pitches you have under your belts? You know the funny thing is, if Mitch struck him out and Philly went on to win the WS would anyone remember Mitch? You people spew hate just so you can feel better about your crappy existence. His WS check was more than you guys could make in 5-10 years.
This guy is the Clashy of the MLB thread.
I don't even read this thread. His infamy is spreading like some kind of sexual disease.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76850
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Apr 2012, 12:24pm

matedog wrote:This guy is the Clashy of the MLB thread.
In my second response, I had initially offered up the hope that it was our old pal under a new name, but decided to edit that out.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 8849
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Inder » 26 Apr 2012, 1:10pm

I mean, how does anyone even find this? Googling "sidewalk ham KIlLVAN Wild Thing hobo handbag KORNGOLD"?

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76850
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Apr 2012, 1:13pm

Inder wrote:I mean, how does anyone even find this? Googling "sidewalk ham KIlLVAN Wild Thing hobo handbag KORNGOLD"?
Not that way: http://www.google.ca/search?q=sidewalk+ ... ent=safari
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20542
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: MLB 2010

Post by matedog » 26 Apr 2012, 3:40pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:This guy is the Clashy of the MLB thread.
In my second response, I had initially offered up the hope that it was our old pal under a new name, but decided to edit that out.
Jesus, I just realized Mitch Williams brother posted here about some discussion from two years ago. I'd say stranger things have happened, but this is up there.

I remember him back with all the other white trash Phillies back in 93. My stepbros were fans, so I rooted for the Blue Jays. I remember he had a pretty sick mullet.
Image
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76850
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Apr 2012, 3:52pm

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:This guy is the Clashy of the MLB thread.
In my second response, I had initially offered up the hope that it was our old pal under a new name, but decided to edit that out.
Jesus, I just realized Mitch Williams brother posted here about some discussion from two years ago. I'd say stranger things have happened, but this is up there.

I remember him back with all the other white trash Phillies back in 93. My stepbros were fans, so I rooted for the Blue Jays. I remember he had a pretty sick mullet.
Image
Definitely the visual inspiration for Kenny fucking Powers.
Image

(How many of you woke up thinking we'd all be talking about Mitch Williams today?)
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16800
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: MLB 2010

Post by JennyB » 26 Apr 2012, 3:59pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:This guy is the Clashy of the MLB thread.
In my second response, I had initially offered up the hope that it was our old pal under a new name, but decided to edit that out.
Jesus, I just realized Mitch Williams brother posted here about some discussion from two years ago. I'd say stranger things have happened, but this is up there.

I remember him back with all the other white trash Phillies back in 93. My stepbros were fans, so I rooted for the Blue Jays. I remember he had a pretty sick mullet.
Image
Definitely the visual inspiration for Kenny fucking Powers.
Image

(How many of you woke up thinking we'd all be talking about Mitch Williams today?)
I know I did. Um, who's Mitch Williams again?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76850
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Apr 2012, 4:10pm

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:(How many of you woke up thinking we'd all be talking about Mitch Williams today?)
I know I did. Um, who's Mitch Williams again?
A person none of us know personally, but someone of whom we must speak only in the most reverential tones lest their relatives become offended.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15207
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Rat Patrol » 26 Apr 2012, 4:26pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:(How many of you woke up thinking we'd all be talking about Mitch Williams today?)
I know I did. Um, who's Mitch Williams again?
A person none of us know personally, but someone of whom we must speak only in the most reverential tones lest their relatives become offended.
...and you wouldn't want stepper angry.
:shifty: :ugeek: :shifty:
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76850
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2010

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Apr 2012, 4:29pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:(How many of you woke up thinking we'd all be talking about Mitch Williams today?)
I know I did. Um, who's Mitch Williams again?
A person none of us know personally, but someone of whom we must speak only in the most reverential tones lest their relatives become offended.
...and you wouldn't want stepper angry.
:shifty: :ugeek: :shifty:
DUBPLATES FOREVAH!
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests