SCIENCE!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: SCIENCE!

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:It is more likely they just weren't very good at stone carving. I've yet to see a decent cave painting either I mean they ain't no Banksy that's for sure.
That's damning them with a different incompetency. These people had a lot of time to produce their art/devotion. There's no reason to think that, say, the Easter Island statues don't look exactly as they sought them to be.

Yep they probably do and you see similar type carvings all over the pacific not just Easter Island so far more logical to think it is a style of art work rather than an exact replica of an alien.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:It is more likely they just weren't very good at stone carving. I've yet to see a decent cave painting either I mean they ain't no Banksy that's for sure.
That's damning them with a different incompetency. These people had a lot of time to produce their art/devotion. There's no reason to think that, say, the Easter Island statues don't look exactly as they sought them to be.

Yep they probably do and you see similar type carvings all over the pacific not just Easter Island so far more logical to think it is a style of art work rather than an exact replica of an alien.
Unless … UNLESS! … it's because aliens visited all those places! What makes sense, aliens or migration and cross-cultural pollination? (Answer: aliens, duh.)
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Unless … UNLESS! … it's because aliens visited all those places! What makes sense, aliens or migration and cross-cultural pollination? (Answer: aliens, duh.)
They are still rubbish at carving!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:A book I read some time ago, Bridget Brown's They Know Us Better Than We Know Ourselves, looks at alien abduction stories as forms of therapy, a means of people working out or expressing their anxieties. That is, our treatment of aliens is entirely historical, reflecting the itches that need scratching. Prior to the 80s, supposed encounters with aliens were mostly beneficial, imparting wisdom and warnings about humanity's fate. Then aliens abduct people to rape them, experiment on them, and otherwise make them victims. What's more likely, that the aliens have had a change of heart or that human perspectives and anxieties change with the times?
Or aliens are just evil sexual predators.
Who didn't get a taste for human bits until the 80s. Kind of like how Jim Thompson didn't get his due until the 80s.
1957 was allegedly the the first account of a sexual encounter with Aliens. A Brazilian man named Antonio Vilas-Boas had been seduced into sex by an alien following a medical examination on a spaceship. Not that a date is really significant as if it happened to me I doubt I would want anyone to know that I woke up and believed I was taken away in a spaceship and interfered with.

Who knows when or if this actually started. Now let's see about this theory, I am feeling very anxious oh I know I won't go into work today I'll just phone my boss to let him know I am feeling a little under the weather. Wait, I've had a much better idea I'll tell him I've been abducted by aliens and they've probed me.

The bravery or stupidity it would take to admit that some shit like that actually happened to you would be enough to send your anxiety meter of the scales.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I was fascinated by the documentary that attempted to show how the statues were first carved then erected.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
eumaas wrote:Any good science on A&W?
The company succeeded in mating chickens and cows and marketed the result in nugget form.
Reminds me of a local Chinese restaurant that offers a dish featuring "beef crab."
Please, H.P. O'Lovecraft's Irish Pub in Arkham, Massachusetts has been serving that for years.
No way would Lovecraft tolerate any Irish in his Irish pub.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
eumaas wrote:Any good science on A&W?
The company succeeded in mating chickens and cows and marketed the result in nugget form.
Reminds me of a local Chinese restaurant that offers a dish featuring "beef crab."
Please, H.P. O'Lovecraft's Irish Pub in Arkham, Massachusetts has been serving that for years.
Not even properly tenderized and seasoned?
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This is Lovecraft's non-union Irish equivalent.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote: Reminds me of a local Chinese restaurant that offers a dish featuring "beef crab."
Like I'd ever eat Scotsman steak. :yuck:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote: Please, H.P. O'Lovecraft's Irish Pub in Arkham, Massachusetts has been serving that for years.
Hey, it's Massachusetts. They have as much in common with the real Irish as Al Jolson has with the African-American experience.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Hey, it's Massachusetts. They have as much in common with the real Irish as Al Jolson has with the African-American experience.
Tangential line from John Oliver: Ireland, the Boston of Europe.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I was always of the belief / opinion / understanding that there must be life on other planets as the odds that there aren''t are so great. There are approximately 10 billion stars in our galaxy that could support life. There are billions of galaxies in our universe. There are now thought to be unlimited number of universe.
However it appears that life on any planet has a limited cycle and is never endless and the distance between the planets / galaxies / universe that can support life are so far apart that there is insufficient time for evidence of life to pass from one existence to another.

We may be alone afterall.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/boaty ... 42551.html

I hope this naming convention gets written into Starfleet's charter when they're founded in a couple hundred years.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:I was always of the belief / opinion / understanding that there must be life on other planets as the odds that there aren''t are so great. There are approximately 10 billion stars in our galaxy that could support life. There are billions of galaxies in our universe. There are now thought to be unlimited number of universe.
However it appears that life on any planet has a limited cycle and is never endless and the distance between the planets / galaxies / universe that can support life are so far apart that there is insufficient time for evidence of life to pass from one existence to another.

We may be alone afterall.
We are not, I assure you.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia