Hey Limeys...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19885
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by matedog » 13 Apr 2017, 6:05pm

Hey Limeys, I randomly wonder, how are the Spinal Tap accents?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26079
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Heston » 13 Apr 2017, 6:08pm

matedog wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 6:05pm
Hey Limeys, I randomly wonder, how are the Spinal Tap accents?
Incredibly spot on. no Dick Van Dykisms in sight.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35312
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Marky Dread » 13 Apr 2017, 6:52pm

matedog wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 6:05pm
Hey Limeys, I randomly wonder, how are the Spinal Tap accents?

Spot on if you come from Mars.
Image
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14794
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by 101Walterton » 13 Apr 2017, 7:47pm

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 6:52pm
matedog wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 6:05pm
Hey Limeys, I randomly wonder, how are the Spinal Tap accents?

Spot on if you come from Mars.

Heston does, or as it is also known the North East.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26079
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Heston » 13 Apr 2017, 8:37pm

101Walterton wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 7:47pm
Marky Dread wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 6:52pm
matedog wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 6:05pm
Hey Limeys, I randomly wonder, how are the Spinal Tap accents?

Spot on if you come from Mars.

Heston does, or as it is also known the North East.
You are Loadsamoney in this scenario...

So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14794
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by 101Walterton » 13 Apr 2017, 9:33pm

Heston wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 8:37pm
101Walterton wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 7:47pm
Marky Dread wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 6:52pm
matedog wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 6:05pm
Hey Limeys, I randomly wonder, how are the Spinal Tap accents?

Spot on if you come from Mars.

Heston does, or as it is also known the North East.
You are Loadsamoney in this scenario...

Classic 😄

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12589
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Silent Majority » 14 Apr 2017, 4:16am

matedog wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 6:05pm
Hey Limeys, I randomly wonder, how are the Spinal Tap accents?
About as good as Shrek's Scottish accent. Bit crap. Their performances overcome that, though.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35312
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Marky Dread » 14 Apr 2017, 6:59pm

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Apr 2017, 4:16am
matedog wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 6:05pm
Hey Limeys, I randomly wonder, how are the Spinal Tap accents?
About as good as Shrek's Scottish accent. Bit crap. Their performances overcome that, though.
Yep agreed, I aways thought they deliberately overdid the accents for further comedic effect. Either way a classic movie.
Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Jun 2017, 6:33am

Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Jun 2017, 8:50am

Question from Mrs. Dr. Medulla, who's watching Coronation Street right now: Why are the locks on your doors so high up? I said it's because you fear leprechauns and other sinister small people.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12589
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Silent Majority » 11 Jun 2017, 12:02pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 8:50am
Question from Mrs. Dr. Medulla, who's watching Coronation Street right now: Why are the locks on your doors so high up? I said it's because you fear leprechauns and other sinister small people.
If you can't afford a ladder, you shouldn't be allowed to open doors. There's no war but the class door.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Jun 2017, 12:32pm

Silent Majority wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 12:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 8:50am
Question from Mrs. Dr. Medulla, who's watching Coronation Street right now: Why are the locks on your doors so high up? I said it's because you fear leprechauns and other sinister small people.
If you can't afford a ladder, you shouldn't be allowed to open doors. There's no war but the class door.
I'm gonna take that as confirmation of my thesis.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Jul 2017, 7:49pm

The Japanese have got your number:
Image
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Sep 2017, 8:00pm

Image
Limey Book of the Year.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35312
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Marky Dread » 24 Sep 2017, 9:05pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 8:00pm
Image
Limey Book of the Year.
Image
Image
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests