Star Wars

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Apr 2017, 5:27pm

Flex wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 5:08pm
Rogue One might be my fave SW property after Attack of the Clones, tbh. It was good.
Be honest, Generation Hoy.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by Flex » 24 Apr 2017, 5:37pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 5:27pm
Be honest, Generation Hoy.
Attack of the Clones works for all the same reasons Empire works, but the effects are better. :shifty:
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31914
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Star Wars

Post by tepista » 24 Apr 2017, 5:38pm

Image
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Apr 2017, 5:49pm

Flex wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 5:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 5:27pm
Be honest, Generation Hoy.
Attack of the Clones works for all the same reasons Empire works, but the effects are better. :shifty:
You're worse than AotC.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31914
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Star Wars

Post by tepista » 24 Apr 2017, 5:53pm

did you guys see that "Larry & the Weird Bear" thing on John Oliver?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5309
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by revbob » 24 Apr 2017, 5:57pm

Flex wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 5:08pm
Rogue One might be my fave SW property after A New Hope, tbh. It was good.
I wouldn't rate it as high as the original 3 but it was still pretty good, in the same league I woukd say.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by Flex » 24 Apr 2017, 5:59pm

revbob wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 5:57pm
I wouldn't rate it as high as the original 3 but it was still pretty good, in the same league I woukd say.
I think I have trilogy and shared-universe fatigue these days. I like stories that can be told in a single movie.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5309
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by revbob » 24 Apr 2017, 6:03pm

Flex wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 5:59pm
revbob wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 5:57pm
I wouldn't rate it as high as the original 3 but it was still pretty good, in the same league I woukd say.
I think I have trilogy and shared-universe fatigue these days. I like stories that can be told in a single movie.
The takeaway here I think we can all agree is that Doc is wrong again.

But seriously I get what he was saying to an extent but it was a solid story, with good characters.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Apr 2017, 6:19pm

Just to be clear, it's a very good movie—I'm stunned, frankly, that Disney okayed something that dark and conflictual connected with one of their crown jewel properties—but it's not a very good Star Wars movie. Really, it's a big-budget piece of fanfic—the story told isn't exactly crucial and, as I said, it's contrary to the epic character of Star Wars—but given the state of world politics it ends up being a pretty harsh take on the present.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Jul 2017, 10:15am

Random thought: When Luke and Obi-Wan call Tusken Raiders sand people, are they using a slur? Like calling Mexicans wetbacks?
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5309
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by revbob » 16 Jul 2017, 5:18pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 10:15am
Random thought: When Luke and Obi-Wan call Tusken Raiders sand people, are they using a slur? Like calling Mexicans wetbacks?
Wouldn't Tusken Raiders be a bit racist itself?

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Jul 2017, 5:31pm

revbob wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 5:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 10:15am
Random thought: When Luke and Obi-Wan call Tusken Raiders sand people, are they using a slur? Like calling Mexicans wetbacks?
Wouldn't Tusken Raiders be a bit racist itself?
I assume that Tusken is their nationality and raider is occupation.

Luke and Obi-Wan have a lot of nerve labeling anyone sand people given their own circumstances.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5309
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by revbob » 16 Jul 2017, 5:39pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 5:31pm
revbob wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 5:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 10:15am
Random thought: When Luke and Obi-Wan call Tusken Raiders sand people, are they using a slur? Like calling Mexicans wetbacks?
Wouldn't Tusken Raiders be a bit racist itself?
I assume that Tusken is their nationality and raider is occupation.

Luke and Obi-Wan have a lot of nerve labeling anyone sand people given their own circumstances.
Well I assume Tusken is because of how they look and Raider because it is presumed that they are all Raiders. Typical of downtrodden people to try and feel better about thrm selves by putting down another group of people. Sort of like the Irish in America and black people.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Jul 2017, 5:56pm

revbob wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 5:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 5:31pm
revbob wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 5:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 10:15am
Random thought: When Luke and Obi-Wan call Tusken Raiders sand people, are they using a slur? Like calling Mexicans wetbacks?
Wouldn't Tusken Raiders be a bit racist itself?
I assume that Tusken is their nationality and raider is occupation.

Luke and Obi-Wan have a lot of nerve labeling anyone sand people given their own circumstances.
Well I assume Tusken is because of how they look and Raider because it is presumed that they are all Raiders. Typical of downtrodden people to try and feel better about thrm selves by putting down another group of people. Sort of like the Irish in America and black people.
Fucking Jedi scum.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Star Wars

Post by Flex » 16 Jul 2017, 10:39pm

I always knew that cornbread white Iowan Luke was a racist dipshit.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests