Star Wars

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Star Wars

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:Oh, I saw the Star Wars movie. That's gotta be the best one, right?
Most lists settle on original Star Wars and Empire as 1 and 2 (which is which varies), TFA at 3, Jedi at 4, and then the prequels in some various ranking that no one really cares about.
Yes, Jedi was ass. Fuckin Muppet Show.
YOU LEAVE THOSE MURDERBEARS OUT OF IT.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:Oh, I saw the Star Wars movie. That's gotta be the best one, right?
Most lists settle on original Star Wars and Empire as 1 and 2 (which is which varies), TFA at 3, Jedi at 4, and then the prequels in some various ranking that no one really cares about.
YOU LEAVE THOSE MURDERBEARS OUT OF IT.
I didn't even mean the teddybears, I mean the Jabba house things.

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It was pointed out to me years ago that Jedi's other sin is that Luke has Aunt Beru's hair.
ImageImage
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dai ... 5c9180dd04

Wouldn't a scavenger barely making enough to eat on a desert planet look pretty lean? I'm sympathetic to the argument against unreal expectations for young women's bodies, but Rey looked a lot like you'd expect someone in her circumstances to look.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dai ... 5c9180dd04

Wouldn't a scavenger barely making enough to eat on a desert planet look pretty lean? I'm sympathetic to the argument against unreal expectations for young women's bodies, but Rey looked a lot like you'd expect someone in her circumstances to look.
This is why we can't have nice things.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Also, bought a digital copy of the flick on Saturday, so we watched it again that evening. Yup, it's solidly behind Empire and New Hope, but ahead of everything else. It's just a bucketload of fun and thrills.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

So where do Star Wars fans fall down on the animated series that are on TV?

My son and I argue over these all the time.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:So where do Star Wars fans fall down on the animated series that are on TV?

Do your father-son arguments look like this?

"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:So where do Star Wars fans fall down on the animated series that are on TV?

Watched Droids and Ewoks way back when, but haven't seen the current stuff. "Real" Star Wars is the movies, but stuff that plays around with the settings and situations can be fun. I've read a few Star Wars novels in my time, but other than Timothy Zahn's Thrawn stuff, it's left me flat.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:

Do your father-son arguments look like this?

LOL

Not since he out grew his light sabres.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Watched Droids and Ewoks way back when, but haven't seen the current stuff. "Real" Star Wars is the movies, but stuff that plays around with the settings and situations can be fun. I've read a few Star Wars novels in my time, but other than Timothy Zahn's Thrawn stuff, it's left me flat.
I can't stand them, don't care for that style of animation. I only recognize the original 3 movies and the latest one.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I can't stand them, don't care for that style of animation. I only recognize the original 3 movies and the latest one.
A very solid Gen X stance. In practice, those are the only four that I choose to watch, but I'm more forgiving of the prequels than most my age. I'd never recommend them, but it's still Star Wars, so there's something there to fire my inner child's imagination.