The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Post Reply
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71105
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 May 2009, 4:35pm

Which is my way of wanting to brag about the missuz' book. Her publisher's catalogue just came out and she's on page one. It's a smart and readable book (and one that I probably won't want to read again for a long time; all told, I've probably gone thru, at minimum, ten drafts of each chapter). I hope I'm not just being a biased spouse here, but I think it'll be a significant work in Native/Indian/Metis studies for many years.
one of the family.jpg
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

rcs
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7824
Joined: 22 Jul 2008, 5:30pm
Location: down with the bass

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by rcs » 28 May 2009, 4:37pm

congratulations hooky! that is awesome


and you have quite a handsome family, too
If you don't hate the Clash, you don't love them enough - Olaf

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49234
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Wolter » 28 May 2009, 4:46pm

Congrats to her.

She is also a charming person and a fine conversationalist.

I think I've mentioned this before, but this woman:

Image

will be hung by a tree limb, have her tongue ripped out, and be then gutted in a horror film with music by Martin Atkins...

http://defiledfilm.blogspot.com/2009/02 ... rator.html
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 7976
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Inder » 28 May 2009, 4:59pm

Very cool, Doc + Gutterwolt.

I've got very exciting news about my SO as well -- Mr. Tiddly-Binks was recently voted Grand Master of his Teddy Lodge!

Image

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5006
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Mimi » 28 May 2009, 5:15pm

That's awesome. Tell the wifey congrats!

Alyssa
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1044
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 3:08pm

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Alyssa » 28 May 2009, 6:27pm

Wow! Congrats to Medulla's wife! That's quite an accomplishment :)

And also congrats to Wolter's fiancee for getting to be in a horror movie, that is pretty awesome. :cool:

Congrats all around!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71105
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 May 2009, 6:28pm

Thanks and yay for Wolter's Shebrew and Radar O'Inder's bear.

(When's shooting begin, J?)
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by matedog » 28 May 2009, 7:09pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:Which is my way of wanting to brag about the missuz' book. Her publisher's catalogue just came out and she's on page one. It's a smart and readable book (and one that I probably won't want to read again for a long time; all told, I've probably gone thru, at minimum, ten drafts of each chapter). I hope I'm not just being a biased spouse here, but I think it'll be a significant work in Native/Indian/Metis studies for many years.
one of the family.jpg
You really go for those "classic" looking women don't you?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71105
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 May 2009, 7:16pm

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Which is my way of wanting to brag about the missuz' book. Her publisher's catalogue just came out and she's on page one. It's a smart and readable book (and one that I probably won't want to read again for a long time; all told, I've probably gone thru, at minimum, ten drafts of each chapter). I hope I'm not just being a biased spouse here, but I think it'll be a significant work in Native/Indian/Metis studies for many years.
one of the family.jpg
You really go for those "classic" looking women don't you?
:lol: Well played, clerk, well played …
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Rat Patrol » 28 May 2009, 7:54pm

I want a divorce from my ball-and-chain. She monopolizes my life. . .
Image

X(
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49234
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Wolter » 28 May 2009, 8:06pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:Thanks and yay for Wolter's Shebrew and Radar O'Inder's bear.

(When's shooting begin, J?)
She's got a makeup test this Sunday, so soon.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71105
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 May 2009, 8:14pm

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Thanks and yay for Wolter's Shebrew and Radar O'Inder's bear.

(When's shooting begin, J?)
She's got a makeup test this Sunday, so soon.
That could be a perversely ideal opportunity for wedding announcement photos …
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49234
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Wolter » 28 May 2009, 8:22pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Thanks and yay for Wolter's Shebrew and Radar O'Inder's bear.

(When's shooting begin, J?)
She's got a makeup test this Sunday, so soon.
That could be a perversely ideal opportunity for wedding announcement photos …
We already have the perfect one planned. But otherwise...
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

modskin
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2747
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 11:12am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by modskin » 28 May 2009, 8:32pm

The girl and I about a month ago:

Image

She works as a lead teacher at a day program for autistic and mentally retarded adults. She has the patience of a saint with those folks. I could not take day after day of dealing with other people's piss, shit, and tempers.

She also does the singer/songwriter thing. Ukulele and singing. A lot of songs about Coney Island, Creature From the Black Lagoon, and other awesome shit.

I would be a complete pile of garbage without her.
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49234
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Wolter » 28 May 2009, 8:38pm

modskin wrote:I would be a complete pile of garbage without her.
I know the feeling.

Epic sideburns, by the way. I approve.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests