So..about Twitter...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Flex » 29 Jun 2009, 8:22pm

nsc wrote:got new soul city live starting up at the end of next month. i haven't got a clue how twitter is meant to work but it's a pretty easy way to share info.

http://twitter.com/newsoulcitylive
For anyone who wants a primer (this starts on the assumption you don't even know what the service is): http://news.cnet.com/newbies-guide-to-twitter/
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

rcs
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7824
Joined: 22 Jul 2008, 5:30pm
Location: down with the bass

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by rcs » 29 Jun 2009, 8:35pm

If you follow your friends, and they follow each other, you can quickly communicate group-related items, such as "I'm going to the pub on Fourth Street, come on along."
if you're friends are following you, can't you just fucking turn around and say "I'm going to the pub on Fourth Street.."
If you don't hate the Clash, you don't love them enough - Olaf

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 29 Jun 2009, 8:46pm

rcs wrote:
If you follow your friends, and they follow each other, you can quickly communicate group-related items, such as "I'm going to the pub on Fourth Street, come on along."
if you're friends are following you, can't you just fucking turn around and say "I'm going to the pub on Fourth Street.."
There's a certain comfort from knowing that I'm not the most crotchety old bastard on this board. :D
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

cretin
User avatar
shamerd my assgerfed.,
Posts: 1915
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:16pm
Location: Land of the Freak

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by cretin » 29 Jun 2009, 9:37pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
rcs wrote:
If you follow your friends, and they follow each other, you can quickly communicate group-related items, such as "I'm going to the pub on Fourth Street, come on along."
if you're friends are following you, can't you just fucking turn around and say "I'm going to the pub on Fourth Street.."
There's a certain comfort from knowing that I'm not the most crotchety old bastard on this board. :D
Crotchety makes me laugh. :mrgreen:
Image

cretin
User avatar
shamerd my assgerfed.,
Posts: 1915
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:16pm
Location: Land of the Freak

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by cretin » 29 Jun 2009, 9:37pm

Because it reminds me of crotch.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 29 Jun 2009, 9:41pm

How do you feel about crocheting, baby …?
Image
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

cretin
User avatar
shamerd my assgerfed.,
Posts: 1915
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:16pm
Location: Land of the Freak

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by cretin » 29 Jun 2009, 9:51pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:How do you feel about crocheting, baby …?
Image
Ok, but not as funny as crotchety. Or crotch in general. Probably because "crocheting" isn't pronounced like crotch...baby.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 29 Jun 2009, 9:52pm

cretin wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:How do you feel about crocheting, baby …?
Image
Ok, but not as funny as crotchety. Or crotch in general. Probably because "crocheting" isn't pronounced like crotch...baby.
It can be, if you want to sound dirty. Or drunk.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26124
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Heston » 29 Jun 2009, 9:56pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:How do you feel about crocheting, baby …?
Image
That looks very Bavarian. As if it could be made out of gingerbread and icing.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by eumaas » 29 Jun 2009, 9:58pm

cretin wrote:So I just joined, but I accidentally started following that BernieRhodes guy. :scared:

@ranger_robin because someone already used robinista. :hmph:
I'd follow you if you'd approve my damn following, you food cartoonist harlot.
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

cretin
User avatar
shamerd my assgerfed.,
Posts: 1915
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:16pm
Location: Land of the Freak

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by cretin » 29 Jun 2009, 10:02pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
cretin wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:How do you feel about crocheting, baby …?
Image
Ok, but not as funny as crotchety. Or crotch in general. Probably because "crocheting" isn't pronounced like crotch...baby.
It can be, if you want to sound dirty. Or drunk.
Well, I guess I always sound drunk...especially when I'm drunk. But for the times when I'm not drunk it might be beneficial to sound dirty as well as sounding as though I am drunk (when I'm really not.)

I'm really not seeing a downside to this, so "I really like crotcheting."
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 29 Jun 2009, 10:04pm

cretin wrote:I'm really not seeing a downside to this, so "I really like crotcheting."
Mrs. Cretin, you're trying to seduce me.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

cretin
User avatar
shamerd my assgerfed.,
Posts: 1915
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:16pm
Location: Land of the Freak

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by cretin » 29 Jun 2009, 10:15pm

eumaas wrote:
cretin wrote:So I just joined, but I accidentally started following that BernieRhodes guy. :scared:

@ranger_robin because someone already used robinista. :hmph:
I'd follow you if you'd approve my damn following, you food cartoonist harlot.
Everyone wants to follow me because of how much I like "crotcheting."

Which one of you is @TashieMoo?
Image

rcs
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7824
Joined: 22 Jul 2008, 5:30pm
Location: down with the bass

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by rcs » 29 Jun 2009, 10:32pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
cretin wrote:I'm really not seeing a downside to this, so "I really like crotcheting."
Mrs. Cretin, you're trying to seduce me.
These are not boxer shorts. Mine are boxer shorts. These are Hanes 32.

I get my boxer shorts at K-Mart in Cincinnati.
If you don't hate the Clash, you don't love them enough - Olaf

cretin
User avatar
shamerd my assgerfed.,
Posts: 1915
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:16pm
Location: Land of the Freak

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by cretin » 29 Jun 2009, 10:37pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
cretin wrote:I'm really not seeing a downside to this, so "I really like crotcheting."
Mrs. Cretin, you're trying to seduce me.
Feeling a bit crotchety, are we? :kiss:
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests