So..about Twitter...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49222
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Wolter » 15 Aug 2017, 7:01pm

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 4:09pm
My girl SMG would know what's up.
Sister Machine Gun? :shifty:
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 15 Aug 2017, 7:13pm

Wolter wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 7:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 6:16pm
Heh, that was the movie that Kaleb and Wolter decided I was a jerky jerk for not privileging entertainment value over historical respect. I'll make a rare foray into podcastery and listen to it once that horrible Vinyl Detective novel is done.
Did I really? I've never seen it. Was I drinking?
Quickly looking at the exchange, it's more about assessment of history-rooted movies—you or Kaleb don't actually say you've seen the movie. Only Tep and I did. Still, my tears were real, dammit!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6039&p=345333#p345333

James and I chatted a bit about his crew's view of the flick—worthwhile listening—and my own critique of the movie and their treatment. It's a simultaneously entertaining movie (if you can shut off your social conscience and historical perspective) and a frustrating one (if you can't shut that off). So it is quite good for discussion.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 02 Sep 2017, 12:43pm

Question for the better versed than I. I'm trying to get a hold to ask a question of one of the authors whose book I've used and am using again. I can't locate his email online, only his Twitter handle. I have a long-dormant Twitter account, so what do I have to do to contact him that way (privately, if that's possible)?
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12589
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Silent Majority » 02 Sep 2017, 1:00pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 12:43pm
Question for the better versed than I. I'm trying to get a hold to ask a question of one of the authors whose book I've used and am using again. I can't locate his email online, only his Twitter handle. I have a long-dormant Twitter account, so what do I have to do to contact him that way (privately, if that's possible)?
You can ask him to follow you for just long enough to open his DMs to you and either ask him there or get his email in there.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 02 Sep 2017, 2:07pm

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 12:43pm
Question for the better versed than I. I'm trying to get a hold to ask a question of one of the authors whose book I've used and am using again. I can't locate his email online, only his Twitter handle. I have a long-dormant Twitter account, so what do I have to do to contact him that way (privately, if that's possible)?
You can ask him to follow you for just long enough to open his DMs to you and either ask him there or get his email in there.
So I have to make an open tweet to him first?
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5276
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by revbob » 02 Sep 2017, 3:37pm

You can chalk it up to age but im pretty sure id hate twitter no matter what.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 02 Sep 2017, 4:08pm

revbob wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 3:37pm
You can chalk it up to age but im pretty sure id hate twitter no matter what.
I'm in your boat. Seems too much like Facebook in formally accepting and rejecting people for communication, but with soundbite writing. Good for quick jokes and alerts, I guess, but not how I like discourse. And if I have to go thru five steps just to ask this guy a private question, meh, I guess I'll move on from my idea.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25004
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Flex » 02 Sep 2017, 8:27pm

Old people are old.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7338
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Kory » 02 Sep 2017, 10:51pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 4:08pm
revbob wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 3:37pm
You can chalk it up to age but im pretty sure id hate twitter no matter what.
I'm in your boat. Seems too much like Facebook in formally accepting and rejecting people for communication, but with soundbite writing. Good for quick jokes and alerts, I guess, but not how I like discourse. And if I have to go thru five steps just to ask this guy a private question, meh, I guess I'll move on from my idea.
I use it solely as a comedy delivery system, and on that score it succeeds damn well. You just have to choose who you follow very carefully.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests