How Times Have Changed !!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

How Times Have Changed !!

Post by 101Walterton »

When I was a kid and skateboards were the rage I made my own with a plank of wood cut to size then nailed my sisters rollerskate to the bottom. It worked and I learnt to skate on it until I got my first real skateboard (solid plastic of couse).
Its school holidays this week so me and the kids are building their first skateboard. I found an old trashed one in the inorganic rubbish collection and yesterday we spent the day sanding it down and removing the paint and stickers etc...Then we headed off to the skate shop to buy florescent green spray paint and grip tape for the top. The guy in the shop threw in some free stickers (although I turned down my sons request for new wheels at $50 !!!!!). This will be one flash skate board and only cost $16.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: How Times Have Changed !!

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:When I was a kid and skateboards were the rage I made my own with a plank of wood cut to size then nailed my sisters rollerskate to the bottom. It worked and I learnt to skate on it until I got my first real skateboard (solid plastic of couse).
Its school holidays this week so me and the kids are building their first skateboard. I found an old trashed one in the inorganic rubbish collection and yesterday we spent the day sanding it down and removing the paint and stickers etc...Then we headed off to the skate shop to buy florescent green spray paint and grip tape for the top. The guy in the shop threw in some free stickers (although I turned down my sons request for new wheels at $50 !!!!!). This will be one flash skate board and only cost $16.
Kryptonic baby!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

You'll be recycling Frisbees and Space Hoppers next!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Buy 'em a new one you tight bastard ;)
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Purple Hayes wrote:Buy 'em a new one you tight bastard ;)
They haven't reached New Zealand yet!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101 goes in at the deep end.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

You're not planning on having a go yourself are you 101? When you fall off as a kid you bounce, when you're older you break stuff, make sure you've got your silly helmet and arm/knee pads on
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Purple Hayes wrote:You're not planning on having a go yourself are you 101? When you fall off as a kid you bounce, when you're older you break stuff, make sure you've got your silly helmet and arm/knee pads on
If Im not back in an hour, laugh out loud !!

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

101Walterton wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:You're not planning on having a go yourself are you 101? When you fall off as a kid you bounce, when you're older you break stuff, make sure you've got your silly helmet and arm/knee pads on
I did already, is that bad?

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

101Walterton wrote:
Wonder if he's ended up in traction after trying to kick a goofy 360 or whatever the fuck they call it :mrgreen:

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Purple Hayes wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Wonder if he's ended up in traction after trying to kick a goofy 360 or whatever the fuck they call it :mrgreen:
I remember when a 360 was the coolest move on the planet, seems things have moved on nowadays :disshame: