Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20295
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by matedog » 19 Feb 2018, 10:40am

tepista wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 1:55pm
Image
Is that a still from Sleepaway Camp?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 32406
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by tepista » 19 Feb 2018, 6:49pm

matedog wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 10:40am

Is that a still from Sleepaway Camp?
If I couldn't find a suitable pic, i was gonna revert to SC.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74350
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 20 Feb 2018, 3:05pm

Thinking about that Gong Show clip I posted in Gene's birthday thread, the 1970s was the pinnacle for game shows, right? No smartypants aspect to it or a quick path to instant wealth, just toned-down debauchery reflective of the cultural hangover of the 1960s. Garish fashion and sets and a celebration of inanity with a dash of perversion. It was fucking great. Wolter'll back me up on this, I know.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5178
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Mimi » 20 Feb 2018, 3:24pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 3:05pm
Thinking about that Gong Show clip I posted in Gene's birthday thread, the 1970s was the pinnacle for game shows, right? No smartypants aspect to it or a quick path to instant wealth, just toned-down debauchery reflective of the cultural hangover of the 1960s. Garish fashion and sets and a celebration of inanity with a dash of perversion. It was fucking great. Wolter'll back me up on this, I know.
I'll back you up on this.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74350
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 20 Feb 2018, 3:29pm

Mimi wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 3:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 3:05pm
Thinking about that Gong Show clip I posted in Gene's birthday thread, the 1970s was the pinnacle for game shows, right? No smartypants aspect to it or a quick path to instant wealth, just toned-down debauchery reflective of the cultural hangover of the 1960s. Garish fashion and sets and a celebration of inanity with a dash of perversion. It was fucking great. Wolter'll back me up on this, I know.
I'll back you up on this.
Those of us whose first decade on the planet occurred during the 70s know the truth. :ugeek:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5178
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Mimi » 20 Feb 2018, 3:30pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 3:29pm
Mimi wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 3:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 3:05pm
Thinking about that Gong Show clip I posted in Gene's birthday thread, the 1970s was the pinnacle for game shows, right? No smartypants aspect to it or a quick path to instant wealth, just toned-down debauchery reflective of the cultural hangover of the 1960s. Garish fashion and sets and a celebration of inanity with a dash of perversion. It was fucking great. Wolter'll back me up on this, I know.
I'll back you up on this.
Those of us whose first decade on the planet occurred during the 70s know the truth. :ugeek:
Long live the 70s.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74350
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Feb 2018, 3:27pm

Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25677
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Flex » 21 Feb 2018, 3:30pm

yeah, but they probably forewent excessive avocado toast consumption for a couple of years too, right?
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16105
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by JennyB » 21 Feb 2018, 3:32pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 3:27pm
Image
:disshame: What a tone deaf article. Not to mention the fact that it's super shady to hire your kid if you run a not for profit.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74350
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Feb 2018, 3:47pm

Y'all are cynical as hell.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 32406
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by tepista » 21 Feb 2018, 5:26pm

JennyB wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 3:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 3:27pm
Image
:disshame: What a tone deaf article. Not to mention the fact that it's super shady to hire your kid if you run a not for profit.
Why didn't his bitch-mom just pay for school in the first place?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74350
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Feb 2018, 5:35pm

tepista wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 5:26pm
JennyB wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 3:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 3:27pm
Image
:disshame: What a tone deaf article. Not to mention the fact that it's super shady to hire your kid if you run a not for profit.
Why didn't his bitch-mom just pay for school in the first place?
She wanted her daughter to earn it, duh. :rolleyes:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5178
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Mimi » 21 Feb 2018, 5:40pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 3:47pm
Y'all are cynical as hell.
You're right. I feel inspired. :shifty:

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 32406
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by tepista » 21 Feb 2018, 5:44pm

Also: Horton = Kaleb. and newlywed.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6107
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob » 21 Feb 2018, 6:16pm

JennyB wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 3:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 3:27pm
Image
:disshame: What a tone deaf article. Not to mention the fact that it's super shady to hire your kid if you run a not for profit.
Yeah, you too can pay off your student loans early if someone give you a good paying job, a home, and a 2nd place to live while you rent out your home.

what reputable publication is this from?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests