Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 10:21pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 5:45pm
eumaas wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 5:32pm
What?
Awesome Swells.
I want Jim Carrey and Maurice LaMarche to recreate this.
...On the moon.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Observation:

Have you ever had one of those days where you can't for the life of you figure out why there are satellite trucks for 3 local news stations set up across the street from your apartment complex?

For 10 hours straight? And you can't figure out why?

And, yet, this isn't enough to pique your curiosity. So you go about your daily business. Go in and out a couple times during the day, run errands, etc. etc.

Now it's after dark, and you go out to fetch the mail...and the trucks are still there setting up their live shots for the 5:00 news. Curious yet?

Naaaaaaaah.

Fast forward to 10:00pm. More lights outside the window. Another set of live shots. Something has clearly happened on your street. Do you so much as Google it?

Nope.

Now let's say it's 4:00 in the fucking morning. And NOW, of all times, you're bitten with the teensiest-eensiest curiosity as to why there were news liveshots set up in front of your own damn place of residence timed for right for the lead story at noon, 4:30, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00. You're not...like...real curious, just can't really sleep because it's put a bug in your head.

[pulls out phone in dark]

Oh. So a car crashed into my building this morning. Multiple injuries. That kindly old guy in Apt. #1 who always says hi to you is standing by his bashed-in front door on all the news footage.

And this happened 20 ft. behind the rear wall of my unit, which is on the same floor around the corner of the building...and I didn't hear a thing?

Didn't hear the police/fire/ambulances that were there for a couple hours?

Didn't notice when I was walking on lunch break that the center column on the front awning was deposited by the side of the driveway along with the remains of that friendly old guy's screen door?

But I know I was conscious the whole day because I remember every single funny internet meme I looked at from 8:00am on as well as the small modicum of work I actually accomplished in between.

Just apparently not observant enough to notice that a frickin' Camry plowed straight into my abode right in front of a crowd of horrified schoolchildren onlookers, sent 2 people to the ER, and led 5 Boston stations' newscasts every hour on the hour for a full day during sweeps week.

Mmmm'kay. :twitch: ⁶³

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Rat Patrol wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 7:25am
Observation:

Have you ever had one of those days where you can't for the life of you figure out why there are satellite trucks for 3 local news stations set up across the street from your apartment complex?

And, yet, this isn't enough to pique your curiosity. So you go about your daily business. Go in and out a couple times during the day, run errands, etc. etc.

Now it's after dark, and you go out to fetch the mail...and the trucks are still there setting up their live shots for the 5:00 news. Curious yet?

Naaaaaaaah.

Fast forward to 10:00pm. More lights outside the window. Another set of live shots. Something has clearly happened on your street. Do you so much as Google it?

Nope.

Now let's say it's 4:00 in the fucking morning. And NOW, of all times, you're bitten with the teensiest-eensiest curiosity as to why there were news liveshots set up in front of your own damn place of residence timed for right for the lead story at noon, 4:30, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00. You're not...like...real curious, just can't really sleep because it's put a bug in your head.

Oh. So a car crashed into my building this morning. Multiple injuries. That kindly old guy in Apt. #1 who always says hi to you is standing by his bashed-in front door on all the news footage.

And this happened 20 ft. behind the rear wall of my unit, which is on the same floor around the corner of the building...and I didn't hear a thing?

Didn't notice when I was walking on lunch break that the center column on the front awning was deposited by the side of the driveway along with the remains of that friendly old guy's screen door?

But I know I was conscious the whole day because I remember every single funny internet meme I looked at from 8:00am on as well as the small modicum of work I actually accomplished in between.

Just apparently not observant enough to notice that a frickin' Camry plowed straight into my abode right in front of a crowd of horrified schoolchildren onlookers, sent 2 people to the ER, and led 5 Boston stations' newscasts every hour on the hour for a full day during sweeps week.

Fake news? Or were you in the KISS thread?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Observation:

Naaaaaaaah.

Nope.

Damn, Rattie. Glad you are OK.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Observation:

Naaaaaaaah.

Nope.

Deep Clash Theory is a harsh mistress.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

That Mandela Effect is getting really quick.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Such a goddamn national treasure.
Attachments
Weird.JPG
Weird.JPG (40.01 KiB) Viewed 3031 times
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Looks like DC Comics meets Rounders to me. Yes, Flash, you've told us a million times how you got beat when Captain Boomerang flopped an inside straight on the river, yada yada yada.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 2:18pm
Looks like DC Comics meets Rounders to me. Yes, Flash, you've told us a million times how you got beat when Captain Boomerang flopped an inside straight on the river, yada yada yada.
lol
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 2:07pm
Such a goddamn national treasure.
I laughed

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 7:02pm
How many losers didn't have a fucking tv show? Yeah, three of you can go pound sand.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 7:05pm
tepista wrote:
How many losers didn't have a fucking tv show? Yeah, three of you can go pound sand.
Huh? Only Bowie didn't have a tv show.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 7:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Whoops, re. MJ. Limey tv shows don't count. :shifty:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 7:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 7:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Whoops, re. MJ. Limey tv shows don't count. :shifty:
Who needs TV when you’ve got T. Rex?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"