Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
11 May 2018, 10:25am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2018, 10:23am
JennyB wrote:
11 May 2018, 10:14am
So, I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that my boss is out of the office today. I'm not doing any work and I brought my dog in. The bad news is that one of my coworkers has taken this to mean that she can play music loudly. Thus far, she has been playing a mix of Barenaked Ladies and Dave Matthews. I can somewhat handle it by putting earphones in, but how is my dog going to handle this?
Sing along loudly and sarcastically so she can't enjoy her Floy music.
How do I do that when I don't know the words? Oh my god, this Dave Matthews song is live and never ending. He keeps repeating the same phrase over and over again. I literally just plugged my ears like a petulant child.
DMB might be one of the few bands I actually hate...but I think it's more than just their blend of generic, safe music. I think what truly pushes me over the line is that I can't stand their fans. I'm probable generalizing here - but I always picture a bunch of frat boy d-bags playing beer pong in the parking lot while their brainless girlfriends wander around drinking Miller Lite and talking about how they can't wait to here Crash Into Me. Music should stand for something. It should be something and junk like this just offends me. Plus - didn't they empty the septic tank of their tour bus into the Chicago River?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Did I ever tell y’all about the time the keyboardist for BNL wanted to LET Ali give him a blowjob in the late 90s.

She laughed in his face.

She was a fan, but come on. You’re a Canadian rock star, not a real one.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Wolter wrote:
11 May 2018, 11:10am
Did I ever tell y’all about the time the keyboardist for BNL wanted to LET Ali give him a blowjob in the late 90s.

She laughed in his face.

Rush fans everywhere take offense at your statement about Canadian rock stars! ;)

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
So, I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that my boss is out of the office today. I'm not doing any work and I brought my dog in. The bad news is that one of my coworkers has taken this to mean that she can play music loudly. Thus far, she has been playing a mix of Barenaked Ladies and Dave Matthews. I can somewhat handle it by putting earphones in, but how is my dog going to handle this?
Teach him to howl to both bands.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Wolter wrote:

She laughed in his face.

And they say chivalry is dead.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 May 2018, 11:12am
Wolter wrote:

She laughed in his face.

Rush fans everywhere take offense at your statement about Canadian rock stars! ;)
Rush fans should spend the rest of their lives learning shame and contemplating other options.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2018, 11:22am
WestwayKid wrote:
Wolter wrote:

She laughed in his face.

Rush fans should spend the rest of their lives learning shame and contemplating other options.
I'm pretty sure Rush fans already know quite a bit about shame! :mrgreen:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 May 2018, 11:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Wolter wrote:

She laughed in his face.

Not nearly enough.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
11 May 2018, 11:43am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Wolter wrote:

She laughed in his face.

Not nearly enough.
They seem baffling proud of their choices.

Edit: Accidentally typed inside a quote.
Last edited by Dr. Medulla on 11 May 2018, 11:55am, edited 1 time in total.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Wolter wrote:
11 May 2018, 11:43am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Wolter wrote:

She laughed in his face.

Not nearly enough.
rush_70s.jpg
rush_70s.jpg (41.23 KiB) Viewed 3560 times
...but those robes!!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:

She laughed in his face.

How about I let you S the D, eh?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:

She laughed in his face.

Ew. Why would he even think a goddess like Ali would be interested?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
How do I do that when I don't know the words? Oh my god, this Dave Matthews song is live and never ending. He keeps repeating the same phrase over and over again. I literally just plugged my ears like a petulant child.
DMB might be one of the few bands I actually hate...but I think it's more than just their blend of generic, safe music. I think what truly pushes me over the line is that I can't stand their fans. I'm probable generalizing here - but I always picture a bunch of frat boy d-bags playing beer pong in the parking lot while their brainless girlfriends wander around drinking Miller Lite and talking about how they can't wait to here Crash Into Me. Music should stand for something. It should be something and junk like this just offends me. Plus - didn't they empty the septic tank of their tour bus into the Chicago River?
That's definitely part of it - same with the Dead. He really is painfully generic. He makes Huey Lewis seem like Bowie.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
11 May 2018, 12:47pm
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
That's definitely part of it - same with the Dead. He really is painfully generic. He makes Huey Lewis seem like Bowie.
I'm not sure who I dislike more: DMB or Phish. I pretty much hate every jam band...but some are definitely more annoying than others. Dave Matthews just seems like music for people who want to like music, but really don't. He's so generic and harmless that people can embrace him without having to really commit to anything. Heck, he even makes Phish look somewhat edgy.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 May 2018, 1:36pm
JennyB wrote:
11 May 2018, 12:47pm
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm not sure who I dislike more: DMB or Phish. I pretty much hate every jam band...but some are definitely more annoying than others. Dave Matthews just seems like music for people who want to like music, but really don't. He's so generic and harmless that people can embrace him without having to really commit to anything. Heck, he even makes Phish look somewhat edgy.
What do you two define as "generic?"
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc