Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 3:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2019, 8:40pm
The Boss and I have survived the most grueling ordeal of any marriage: assembling an Ikea wardrobe. And it ain't right. The one door is noticeably higher than the other, but we can't figure out what happened. All the pieces are flush, everything is level (I checked with an actual level), and we've played with the hinge fine-tuning, but it's still way off. We've assembled one of these things before and it went fine, but this is behaving like there's a skew somewhere, even tho the level says it's fine. Baffling.
Undoubtedly most—all?—of you have been losing sleep at night wondering whether we ever fixed that Ikea wardrobe. Sleep well, sweet princes and princesses, we got it taken care of today. The long delay was because the Boss went to Sask for the rest of the month and only today did we find the time/inclination to fix it. She was convinced we'd have to take it all apart and start over, but I thought we'd just have to take off the back panel, then loosen and retighten the side screws, while using the inside crossbars to brace and align the whole thing. Actually having the doors on helped a great deal for visually aligning things. Getting the back panel off was tough—all those nails—but, yup, it's good now. Slow process but never in doubt in my own mind. At worst, we'd hire a handyman to figure it out, but I didn't think it'd come to that.
Operation Great Job!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 10:00am
Mimi wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 8:56pm
I think, generally speaking, we always favor the decade when we were kids (70s for me), but I have to say the 90s were pretty awesome in so many ways.
Dammit, Mimi. I trusted you.

Tep - that's the Tepiest story I have ever heard. Kudos to MA. Sorry this happened to you and you had to cut your trip short.
I never meant to disappoint you!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 3:42pm
OK, so me and wife are in Vegas, Monkey Assistant is petsitting. He calls at noon on Sunday yelling about how there's a lady in the house. Some homeless bitch who thinks she's Goldilocks broke in sometime between 10pm when Monkey left, and 12 noon when he returned. She slept in my bed, drank a glass of Vodka, ate potato chips, took a shower, tried on my wife's clothes, went through drawers, etc. She flipped the breakers for some reason, pulled all the plugs from my computer, and for some odd reason she disassembled a flashlight. Monkey yelled at her to sit still and she did and waited for the cops to come. She told the cops (in Spanish) that this was her dad's house and he lets her come over when he's not there to shower and day-drink vodka. They arrested her. I cut my trip short. Monkey was the hero.
So how was PRB ?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

tepista wrote:
OK, so me and wife are in Vegas, Monkey Assistant is petsitting. He calls at noon on Sunday yelling about how there's a lady in the house. Some homeless bitch who thinks she's Goldilocks broke in sometime between 10pm when Monkey left, and 12 noon when he returned. She slept in my bed, drank a glass of Vodka, ate potato chips, took a shower, tried on my wife's clothes, went through drawers, etc. She flipped the breakers for some reason, pulled all the plugs from my computer, and for some odd reason she disassembled a flashlight. Monkey yelled at her to sit still and she did and waited for the cops to come. She told the cops (in Spanish) that this was her dad's house and he lets her come over when he's not there to shower and day-drink vodka. They arrested her. I cut my trip short. Monkey was the hero.
Wait, so are you saying she wasn’t your daughter?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Monkey Assistant 2020.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 5:23pm
tepista wrote:
So how was PRB ?
I went the following week, actually, a wedding
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

101Walterton wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:00pm
tepista wrote:
A couple people who heard the story when monkey told it, to people who didn't know me, assumed it was a mistress!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Inder wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:16pm
Monkey Assistant 2020.
#MAELA Make America Eat Lice Again

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

tepista wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 9:52pm
101Walterton wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:00pm
tepista wrote:
A couple people who heard the story when monkey told it, to people who didn't know me, assumed it was a mistress!
I'd suggest avoiding the Dominican Republic for a bit.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

JennyB wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 10:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Boss and I have survived the most grueling ordeal of any marriage: assembling an Ikea wardrobe. And it ain't right. The one door is noticeably higher than the other, but we can't figure out what happened. All the pieces are flush, everything is level (I checked with an actual level), and we've played with the hinge fine-tuning, but it's still way off. We've assembled one of these things before and it went fine, but this is behaving like there's a skew somewhere, even tho the level says it's fine. Baffling.
Undoubtedly most—all?—of you have been losing sleep at night wondering whether we ever fixed that Ikea wardrobe. Sleep well, sweet princes and princesses, we got it taken care of today. The long delay was because the Boss went to Sask for the rest of the month and only today did we find the time/inclination to fix it. She was convinced we'd have to take it all apart and start over, but I thought we'd just have to take off the back panel, then loosen and retighten the side screws, while using the inside crossbars to brace and align the whole thing. Actually having the doors on helped a great deal for visually aligning things. Getting the back panel off was tough—all those nails—but, yup, it's good now. Slow process but never in doubt in my own mind. At worst, we'd hire a handyman to figure it out, but I didn't think it'd come to that.
Operation Great Job!
As a recent assembler of an Ikea king bed w/ built-in drawers you have my heartfelt sympathy/congratulations.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

A couple of pigeons have been roosting in our building's garage the past few months and I'd grown accustomed to mentally saying hello every morning on the way out. This evening I went by and someone had run over one of the birds -- the other two were sitting sadly beside it. I feel terrible. :(

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

JoseUnidos wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 9:06pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Operation Great Job!
As a recent assembler of an Ikea king bed w/ built-in drawers you have my heartfelt sympathy/congratulations.
I’m actually fine with assembling the IKEA stuff once it’s home. I’m just not sure my marriage could survive another actual trip inside an IKEA.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 11:24pm
JoseUnidos wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 9:06pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Operation Great Job!
I’m actually fine with assembling the IKEA stuff once it’s home. I’m just not sure my marriage could survive another actual trip inside an IKEA.
Amen to that. I had to go to Target for 20 minutes right after we moved. I marched through it like it was no man’s land. It was Memorial Day and for the first time I felt camaraderie with fighting soldiers.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Come for a ski trip in Colorado! We'll do it up!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!