Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 3:14pm
Kory wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 12:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 1:44pm
An observation: Whenever I see an ad for this Gong Show revival, I'm acutely reminded of how much Mike Myers really fucking annoys me.
He's a comedian for kids and teens in the '90s. You grow out of him.
I like the Wayne's World films, Axe Murderer, and I liked the first Austin Powers the last time I saw it a few years ago. Very good timing, but he got increasingly smug.
Yeah I still like WW, but it's only because of the nostalgia. If I had seen them for the first time now, I doubt I'd be into it. Much like Mel Brooks films.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 1:18pm
Silent Majority wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 3:14pm
Kory wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 12:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 1:44pm
An observation: Whenever I see an ad for this Gong Show revival, I'm acutely reminded of how much Mike Myers really fucking annoys me.
He's a comedian for kids and teens in the '90s. You grow out of him.
I like the Wayne's World films, Axe Murderer, and I liked the first Austin Powers the last time I saw it a few years ago. Very good timing, but he got increasingly smug.
Yeah I still like WW, but it's only because of the nostalgia. If I had seen them for the first time now, I doubt I'd be into it. Much like Mel Brooks films.
Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are still stone-cold classics. History of the World and Spaceballs, um, I'm not 13 anymore, I guess.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

God, Robin Hood: Men In Tights and Dracula: Dead and Loving It were excellent when I was 13.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Young Frankenstein and Dracula were my favorites. YF is still gold, Dracula has some moments but isn't quite as timeless.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I got pulled over on Saturday for going 80 in a 60. My drivers license expired on my birthday and I had the wrong insurance card in my glove compartment. The cop let me off with a warning. I guess he thought I was cute*!

*He let me off because I'm white.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 11:30am
I guess he thought I was cute*!

It can be both!

I've never, ever been let off with a warning for anything. It kinda annoys me. What the hell good is white male privilege if, on top of all the other benefits I get in life, I don't also escape breaking the law consequence-free?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
I got pulled over on Saturday for going 80 in a 60. My drivers license expired on my birthday and I had the wrong insurance card in my glove compartment. The cop let me off with a warning. I guess he thought I was cute*!

Also middle class. But definitely a white middle-class cute. :kiss:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 11:34am
JennyB wrote:

It can be both!

I've never, ever been let off with a warning for anything. It kinda annoys me. What the hell good is white male privilege if, on top of all the other benefits I get in life, I don't also escape breaking the law consequence-free?
This is the first time in my long, storied history of speeding that I was let off with a warning.
Last edited by JennyB on 15 Aug 2018, 11:38am, edited 1 time in total.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 11:35am
JennyB wrote:

In the area of town I was in, a 2010 Prius is a poor person's car!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 11:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

We live between one of those areas and an area where it would be assumed that someone driving a Prius just stole it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 11:41am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

We live between one of those areas and an area where it would be assumed that someone driving a Prius just stole it.
Ha! I'm also not entirely convinced that my almost 9 year old Prius can go 80 MPH.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 11:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Ha! I'm also not entirely convinced that my almost 9 year old Prius can go 80 MPH.
Downhill and downwind of a tornado?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
JennyB wrote:

It can be both!

I've got a pretty good story about this. I was driving with my then-girlfriend to a local park and she was directing me because I'd never been there. She directed me into a right turn only lane, only to realize as the light turned that we needed to go straight, which she quickly and loudly proclaimed to me. I jammed on the gas to get into the left lane in the intersection and promptly got pulled over. The cop strolled up and asked me if I knew what I did wrong, and I told him I did but that I was being directed by my girlfriend in the passenger seat. He laughed heartily, patted me on the shoulder, and said "ah, I understand." He went to run my info and came back and let me off with a warning.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 12:15pm
JennyB wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 11:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Downhill and downwind of a tornado?
I thought only Uber drivers drove a Prius.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 2:26pm
Flex wrote:
JennyB wrote:

It can be both!

I've got a pretty good story about this. I was driving with my then-girlfriend to a local park and she was directing me because I'd never been there. She directed me into a right turn only lane, only to realize as the light turned that we needed to go straight, which she quickly and loudly proclaimed to me. I jammed on the gas to get into the left lane in the intersection and promptly got pulled over. The cop strolled up and asked me if I knew what I did wrong, and I told him I did but that I was being directed by my girlfriend in the passenger seat. He laughed heartily, patted me on the shoulder, and said "ah, I understand." He went to run my info and came back and let me off with a warning.
Ah, the old "Women, huh?" defence. The most basic form of the old boys network.