Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Wolter »

My dad still has the same mobile phone number as the bag phone he got for his car in the late 80s, but we never spent more than 6 years in the same house when I was a kid, so our land line changed a lot.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Wow. I can’t remember the number we had when I was a kid, but when we moved when I was about 13 - they gave us a new number - even though we just moved to another part of the suburb we lived in. My mom and dad still have that number - but I have not called it in ages. I just call their cell. If I had to guess at my childhood number it would be 414-421-8510 and I’d say I have about 95% confidence in my recollection. What’s crazy is that I have not had a landline in almost 5 years and my kids will probably grow up never really knowing what it was like to have a phone hanging on the kitchen wall or by the bed. My cousin’s daughter is 20 years younger than me (born in 1997) and my uncle is 20 years older than me (born in 1957) and my formative years had far more in common with my uncle than my cousin’s daughter. Life changed at a regular pace for decades and then it seemed like it just started changing faster and faster and faster.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Me: What time are you going to be home?
The Boss: Five-ish.
Me: Finkel.
The Boss: *eyes roll*
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 11:29am
Is she even going to get that reference?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 11:29am
I do this too because I suck.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Helping a friemd find an apartment. Go to see this one place and there's like 50 of these things.

I ask if the tap water is ok to drink and he says yeah, I just have them "because you never know". And said in a way that it should be obvious and dont most people do this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 1:12pm
Is she even going to get that reference?
Oh yeah. We watched Picket Fences back in the day.
Wolter wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 1:13pm
I do this too because I suck.
Wait—I'm not cool? God, the old woman with the tarot cards was right!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 1:27pm
Helping a friemd find an apartment. Go to see this one place and there's like 50 of these things.

I ask if the tap water is ok to drink and he says yeah, I just have them "because you never know". And said in a way that it should be obvious and dont most people do this.
Guv'mint water has "chemicals" in it, pardner.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 1:41pm
revbob wrote:

He doesn't look like a wierd prepper type.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 2:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I worked in a grocery story during college - and on the eve of Y2K we were literally just pulling out huge pallets of water direct onto the floor and people would just grab case after case. They wouldn’t even open them. Gallons of bottled water come 6 to a case and they are packed in heavy cardboard. Not easy to lug around - but man - that was insane. A typical pallet would hold about 25 cases and they would be gone within 15 minutes.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

The scary thing is they look more and more normal these days. Then, bam, chem trails and black helicopters.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 2:52pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

The scary thing is they look more and more normal these days. Then, bam, chem trails and black helicopters.
He was certainly quirky and OCD. His hands were pretty raw and had a lot of specific rules of the house. He also couldnt keep his stories straight so it all added up to major creep factor so no go.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 3:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

He was certainly quirky and OCD. His hands were pretty raw and had a lot of specific rules of the house. He also couldnt keep his stories straight so it all added up to major creep factor so no go.
The best part is that “his hands were pretty raw” which is unsettling.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 4:02pm
revbob wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 3:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The best part is that “his hands were pretty raw” which is unsettling.
Yeah he advertised the apt as females only and it turns out he also lives in the house.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:

I do this, but Seattle is earthquake-prone so its best to have a few days worth on hand.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc