Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 1:29pm
JennyB wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 12:05pm
An observation:

I really hate Elon Musk.

Carry on.
I can't carry on with him on the planet. Let's get him to Mars ASAP.
Yes. Let's.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 1:36pm
Kory wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 1:29pm
JennyB wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 12:05pm
An observation:

I really hate Elon Musk.

Carry on.
I can't carry on with him on the planet. Let's get him to Mars ASAP.
Yes. Let's.
The great thing is he'll have to leave his money here to be used for charity.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A few days ago, I strained my back doing weights. A freak thing, but it's put me out of commission until things settle down (meaning no biking, which is driving me a bit bonkers). But today I discovered we had muscle relaxants in the medicine cabinet. I'd been take Tylenol with codeine and making liberal use of a heating pad, but I popped some relaxants and it feels like my torso is vibrating. That can't normal, right?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Updates, un et deux:

1) We had over on Friday the realtor who helped us land our house. We're planning some elective reno's and wanted to know whether we'd be getting our money back if we sell next spring. Along the way, we asked him to find out what That House sold for. He emailed later to say they got the full 1.25M in three days. Which tells me we don't understand the real estate market and/or we're going to be getting some dumb, rich neighbours.

2) One can overdose on muscle relaxants. I misread the dosage on the box—my aging eyes don't do 2 pt type well—and exceeded the proper amount, which led to serious stomach ailment and insomnia. On the plus side, my back pain completing disappeared. As the drug wore off, the gut pain receded and the back pain grew. Just say no to OTC medication.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 9:49am
Updates, un et deux:

1) We had over on Friday the realtor who helped us land our house. We're planning some elective reno's and wanted to know whether we'd be getting our money back if we sell next spring. Along the way, we asked him to find out what That House sold for. He emailed later to say they got the full 1.25M in three days. Which tells me we don't understand the real estate market and/or we're going to be getting some dumb, rich neighbours.

2) One can overdose on muscle relaxants. I misread the dosage on the box—my aging eyes don't do 2 pt type well—and exceeded the proper amount, which led to serious stomach ailment and insomnia. On the plus side, my back pain completing disappeared. As the drug wore off, the gut pain receded and the back pain grew. Just say no to OTC medication.
I'm sorry you are going through this and all but you buried the lede here....MUSCLE RELAXANTS ARE OTC IN TRUDEAUSTAN?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Updates, un et deux:

I'm sorry you are going through this and all but you buried the lede here....MUSCLE RELAXANTS ARE OTC IN TRUDEAUSTAN?
It's just Robaxin. That's not OTC in the Land of the Crying Eagles Whose Colors Do Not Run?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:19am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Updates, un et deux:

It's just Robaxin. That's not OTC in the Land of the Crying Eagles Whose Colors Do Not Run?
I don't think so?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:19am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Updates, un et deux:

I don't think so?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I don’t offhand know of any OTC muscle relaxers, no.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 6:24pm
A few days ago, I strained my back doing weights. A freak thing, but it's put me out of commission until things settle down (meaning no biking, which is driving me a bit bonkers). But today I discovered we had muscle relaxants in the medicine cabinet. I'd been take Tylenol with codeine and making liberal use of a heating pad, but I popped some relaxants and it feels like my torso is vibrating. That can't normal, right?
I throw my neck out frequently—I sympathize with your plight. Send some of that codeine my way, please.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 1:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I throw my neck out frequently—I sympathize with your plight. Send some of that codeine my way, please.
Do you need a prescription for codeine down there? It's not properly OTC here, but you don't need a prescription. You just have to ask the pharmacist (I think they do keep lists, tho, to limit the possibility of abuse).

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 2:35pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Do you need a prescription for codeine down there? It's not properly OTC here, but you don't need a prescription. You just have to ask the pharmacist (I think they do keep lists, tho, to limit the possibility of abuse).
Yeah, I know a fair amount of people that try to get some and bring it over the border. I never checked back in to see if they were successful though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 3:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, I know a fair amount of people that try to get some and bring it over the border. I never checked back in to see if they were successful though.
You might still need a provincial health card to get it here without a prescription.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 4:01pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You might still need a provincial health card to get it here without a prescription.
That's a major drag.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 4:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 4:01pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

That's a major drag.
Not if you're Canadian!