Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 7:31pm
Just got a robo-call saying my SS# has been suspended and they're taking legal action against me. Blocked.
I've got voice messages in Chinese a lot lately.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Wolter wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 5:41pm

Or just an irish coffee.
The wife digs Irish Coffee
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 8:53pm
Mimi wrote:
Just got a robo-call saying my SS# has been suspended and they're taking legal action against me. Blocked.
In your head?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Me too! I got the Mimi call too!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 8:27pm
Mimi wrote:
We've had the same phone number since we moved here almost ten years ago (ten years? Jesus) and in that time collection agencies—and now Quebec's Ministry of Justice—have called for three different people. It does seem odd to me that three different deadbeats would hit upon ours as their fake phone number, but whatever.
I feel ya. Our landline in NY once belonged to someone named Callahan and oh boy the calls we'd get. A few times a week I'd have to tell the same collection agency that whoever this person/family was doesn't have this number anymore. They thought we were lying and kept calling. I even left a message on our answering machine saying something to the effect that if you're calling for (this name) they no longer use this number. Didn't work. 10 years of that nonsense.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 12:01am
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Me too! I got the Mimi call too!
*high five*

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 9:12am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
We've had the same phone number since we moved here almost ten years ago (ten years? Jesus) and in that time collection agencies—and now Quebec's Ministry of Justice—have called for three different people. It does seem odd to me that three different deadbeats would hit upon ours as their fake phone number, but whatever.
I feel ya. Our landline in NY once belonged to someone named Callahan and oh boy the calls we'd get. A few times a week I'd have to tell the same collection agency that whoever this person/family was doesn't have this number anymore. They thought we were lying and kept calling. I even left a message on our answering machine saying something to the effect that if you're calling for (this name) they no longer use this number. Didn't work. 10 years of that nonsense.
I've never picked up because it's either a scam or they won't believe that I'm not Scott Jensen or Georges Fournier (those are the two whose names I can remember). If, in fact, it was legit, it's showed me how easy it is to avoid collection agencies—don't pick up the phone.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 10:01am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I've never picked up because it's either a scam or they won't believe that I'm not Scott Jensen or Georges Fournier (those are the two whose names I can remember). If, in fact, it was legit, it's showed me how easy it is to avoid collection agencies—don't pick up the phone.
You can avoid a lot of responsibilities by not picking up the phone. :shifty:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

My landline used to be one digit off from the local movie theater

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 10:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 10:01am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
You can avoid a lot of responsibilities by not picking up the phone. :shifty:
Call display is the greatest feature of the phone. If I didn't have it, I'd seriously consider giving up having a phone altogether.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

There is actually another Jonathan Wolter (different middle initial) who lives in Chicago and is apparently in trouble with creditors. I get his calls occasionally.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 10:51am
There is actually another Jonathan Wolter (different middle initial) who lives in Chicago and is apparently in trouble with creditors. I get his calls occasionally.
Ever give into temptation and fuck with the people at the other end?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 11:01am
Wolter wrote:
No, I usually kick myself for bothering to answer.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

In landline days, I used to tell the telemarketing/scammer folks I was definitely very interested in whatever it was they were pitching a line about, but to hang on for just a second. Then I'd put down the phone and go do something else until they hung up.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 11:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 11:01am
Wolter wrote:
No, I usually kick myself for bothering to answer.
Ah, regret—my go-to mental state.