Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 1:49pm
What do you pay these doctors for?
To make us feel guilty for not being healthier, I reckon. Catholicism always wins.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 1:17pm
JennyB wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 1:15pm
Mimi wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 1:10pm
JennyB wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 1:03pm
Mimi wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 12:31pm

This year has been a year of medical issues for me. I don't want to go into, but I'm happy to report I'm healthy. Yay. But throughout this year, I've been to lots of different doctors and not one single one hasn't either pushed a pill or a test on me that I didn't need. The minute I mentioned lifestyle change and diet as a way of curing things? Laugh me right out the door. It's sickening. The last doctor I saw got so angry at me for refusing to take a medication I didn't really need that had such bad side effects only to "prevent" something I may not even get. And don't even get me started on the roundabout way he arrived at his decision. I won't be going back to him, even if I need to.
Yeah. I really don't like the way they seem to be in collusion with the drug companies to push stuff, even after drug reps stopped being allowed to shower them with gifts. That being said, if it weren't for cymbalta, I'd probably be curled up in a fetal position right now not having left the house for weeks. It has helped my anxiety ever since I had PPD, and helped me get through Scott's cancer and my dad's death like a reasonable human being. However, it's not a cure all and it's not for everyone.
There are some things where medication is absolutely necessary.
For sure - andI didn't intend for my comment to be an argument. I agree with you - they push meds too much.
Oh, I didn't take it that way. It made me wonder if I was coming across as judgmental. No probs. I'm easy like Sunday morning. lol

My brother was on Lexapro for years, so I understand.
Not at all - I was worried that I was coming off as argumentative. Here we are, the women of the board, apologizing. And has Heston ever apologized for ANYTHING? No. No he has not. :angry: :shifty: :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 2:17pm
Mimi wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 1:17pm
JennyB wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 1:15pm
Mimi wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 1:10pm
JennyB wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 1:03pm

Yeah. I really don't like the way they seem to be in collusion with the drug companies to push stuff, even after drug reps stopped being allowed to shower them with gifts. That being said, if it weren't for cymbalta, I'd probably be curled up in a fetal position right now not having left the house for weeks. It has helped my anxiety ever since I had PPD, and helped me get through Scott's cancer and my dad's death like a reasonable human being. However, it's not a cure all and it's not for everyone.
There are some things where medication is absolutely necessary.
For sure - andI didn't intend for my comment to be an argument. I agree with you - they push meds too much.
Oh, I didn't take it that way. It made me wonder if I was coming across as judgmental. No probs. I'm easy like Sunday morning. lol

My brother was on Lexapro for years, so I understand.
Not at all - I was worried that I was coming off as argumentative. Here we are, the women of the board, apologizing. And has Heston ever apologized for ANYTHING? No. No he has not. :angry: :shifty: :mrgreen:
He has a lot to apologize for. :lol:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I don't trust doctors as a rule, but it's less because they push drugs on me than them not caring about anything I say, or having zero answers about anything. I also almost always wind up with some POS PA that's in a crazy rush and doesn't have time for me. Their answer is always "come back in a couple days if you still have symptoms. So I rarely go to the doctor for anything anymore. Waste of money and time.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Silent Majority wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 1:49pm
What do you pay these doctors for?
Mostly the privilege of not dying of polio.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I've suffered with insomnia for years but just recently I'm down to two hours of sleep a night. Doctor has just (today) put me on something called Sertraline which is an anti-depressant. I'm very dubious of taking this shift but will see how it goes.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 4:30pm
I've suffered with insomnia for years but just recently I'm down to two hours of sleep a night. Doctor has just (today) put me on something called Sertraline which is an anti-depressant. I'm very dubious of taking this shift but will see how it goes.
My wife takes it - it has done wonders for her insomnia. Knocked her out for two days, then she slept as well as anyone. We did have a hard period as she came off them, as well as some other physical and mental issues, so she's re-upped. It honestly has done her nothing but good. I hope it'll be the same for you.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
That kind of sleep deprivation is seriously bad for you. It compromises so much of your functions. You owe it to yourself to try medication to get regular sleep.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Sertraline didn’t do enough for me, sadly. But it did make me drowsy as fuck basically all the time.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My dad always seemed a freak to me because he could fall asleep, like, five minutes after going to bed. As if he could just will himself to snooze. Until about ten years ago, it took me forever to fall asleep, but now I'm pretty much like him. I read for about 45 mins, but once I turn off the light, I'm gone almost instantaneously. Which is mostly great, but it also means that I can't stay up late now. My body is just trained to shut down by 10.30.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 5:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
My wife takes it - it has done wonders for her insomnia. Knocked her out for two days, then she slept as well as anyone. We did have a hard period as she came off them, as well as some other physical and mental issues, so she's re-upped. It honestly has done her nothing but good. I hope it'll be the same for you.

Thanks mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 6:02pm
Marky Dread wrote:
That kind of sleep deprivation is seriously bad for you. It compromises so much of your functions. You owe it to yourself to try medication to get regular sleep.
Agreed. Good luck, Marky.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Thanks folks appreciated.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:09am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I've been using Melatonin drops, works for me. I hope you resolve your stuff though, good luck.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 3:08pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:09am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I've been using Melatonin drops, works for me. I hope you resolve your stuff though, good luck.
Thanks tep.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia