Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Jan 2018, 10:47am

Spiff wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 3:01pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 2:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:38pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:30pm
Just saw the runner up to the runner up for president at the grocery store. He knows his produce.
You missed your chance to tell him that the most recent season of Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty meh.
At least one of us would have found it funny. I almost disnt see him. I saw his wife first and was thinking she looks familiar, thrn I saw them together.
Have you met him before?
Every one in Vermont knows one another.

See the "Alternative Tentacles" anecdote upthread as proof.
Which means bob … knows all those damned Birkenstock hippies!
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6741
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob » 11 Jan 2018, 7:09pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:47am
Spiff wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 3:01pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 2:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:38pm


You missed your chance to tell him that the most recent season of Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty meh.
At least one of us would have found it funny. I almost disnt see him. I saw his wife first and was thinking she looks familiar, thrn I saw them together.
Have you met him before?
Every one in Vermont knows one another.

See the "Alternative Tentacles" anecdote upthread as proof.
Which means bob … knows all those damned Birkenstock hippies!
I know a lot of people I dont like.

Getting back to the hat though. Its gotta be mine. I figure one of the kids left it at school and the school eventually turned their unclaimed items over to Goodwill. Thrn this bozo bought it for a nickel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Jan 2018, 7:41pm

revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 7:09pm
I know a lot of people I dont like.
:lol: That feels like a Gen X mantra somehow.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Jan 2018, 9:53pm

Overheard (by, I guess, our cats) in Castle Medulla: "We are not going to watch Three's Company!" Said by Dr. Mrs. Dr. Medulla to Dr. Medulla, who didn't actually want to watch Three's Company but wanted her to change the channel.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6741
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob » 11 Jan 2018, 10:37pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 9:53pm
Overheard (by, I guess, our cats) in Castle Medulla: "We are not going to watch Three's Company!" Said by Dr. Mrs. Dr. Medulla to Dr. Medulla, who didn't actually want to watch Three's Company but wanted her to change the channel.
I smell a sitcom in the making, sort of Odd Couple-esque. We'll call it Doctor Doctor.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Jan 2018, 10:59pm

revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 9:53pm
Overheard (by, I guess, our cats) in Castle Medulla: "We are not going to watch Three's Company!" Said by Dr. Mrs. Dr. Medulla to Dr. Medulla, who didn't actually want to watch Three's Company but wanted her to change the channel.
I smell a sitcom in the making, sort of Odd Couple-esque. We'll call it Doctor Doctor.
If you can get Robert Redford or one of the One Directions to play me, I'll sign off.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8592
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by BostonBeaneater » 11 Jan 2018, 11:03pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:59pm
revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 9:53pm
Overheard (by, I guess, our cats) in Castle Medulla: "We are not going to watch Three's Company!" Said by Dr. Mrs. Dr. Medulla to Dr. Medulla, who didn't actually want to watch Three's Company but wanted her to change the channel.
I smell a sitcom in the making, sort of Odd Couple-esque. We'll call it Doctor Doctor.
If you can get Robert Redford or one of the One Directions to play me, I'll sign off.
Now you’re just gonna be the Ropers to me. All this time calling you Mr. Roper when it’s really Dr. Roper.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Jan 2018, 7:18am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 11:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:59pm
revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 9:53pm
Overheard (by, I guess, our cats) in Castle Medulla: "We are not going to watch Three's Company!" Said by Dr. Mrs. Dr. Medulla to Dr. Medulla, who didn't actually want to watch Three's Company but wanted her to change the channel.
I smell a sitcom in the making, sort of Odd Couple-esque. We'll call it Doctor Doctor.
If you can get Robert Redford or one of the One Directions to play me, I'll sign off.
Now you’re just gonna be the Ropers to me. All this time calling you Mr. Roper when it’s really Dr. Roper.
Norman Fell really was good at leering into the camera. Gotta give him that.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6741
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob » 12 Jan 2018, 8:14am

Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Jan 2018, 9:12am

Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 23262
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: outer space

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by eumaas » 12 Jan 2018, 11:07am

How can an entry-level job require years of experience in the field? :huh:
I feel that there is a fascistic element, for example, in the Rolling Stones . . .
— Morton Feldman

I've studied the phenomenon of neo-provincialism in self-isolating online communities but this place takes the fucking cake.
— Clashy

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5270
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Mimi » 12 Jan 2018, 11:08am

eumaas wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 11:07am
How can an entry-level job require years of experience in the field? :huh:
Right?! :angry:

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76892
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Jan 2018, 11:12am

eumaas wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 11:07am
How can an entry-level job require years of experience in the field? :huh:
"We want someone who has demonstrated total incompetence as to deny promotion, meaning they've been stuck in that entry-level position for years. Are you the disappointment we're looking for?"
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 23262
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: outer space

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by eumaas » 12 Jan 2018, 11:12am

Mimi wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 11:08am
eumaas wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 11:07am
How can an entry-level job require years of experience in the field? :huh:
Right?! :angry:
I'm guessing that they assume people take years in unpaid internships or something.
I feel that there is a fascistic element, for example, in the Rolling Stones . . .
— Morton Feldman

I've studied the phenomenon of neo-provincialism in self-isolating online communities but this place takes the fucking cake.
— Clashy

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 23262
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: outer space

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by eumaas » 12 Jan 2018, 11:12am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 11:12am
eumaas wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 11:07am
How can an entry-level job require years of experience in the field? :huh:
"We want someone who has demonstrated total incompetence as to deny promotion, meaning they've been stuck in that entry-level position for years. Are you the disappointment we're looking for?"
:lol:
I feel that there is a fascistic element, for example, in the Rolling Stones . . .
— Morton Feldman

I've studied the phenomenon of neo-provincialism in self-isolating online communities but this place takes the fucking cake.
— Clashy

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests