Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74034
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Jan 2018, 1:38pm

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:30pm
Just saw the runner up to the runner up for president at the grocery store. He knows his produce.
You missed your chance to tell him that the most recent season of Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty meh.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6042
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob » 07 Jan 2018, 2:31pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:38pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:30pm
Just saw the runner up to the runner up for president at the grocery store. He knows his produce.
You missed your chance to tell him that the most recent season of Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty meh.
At least one of us would have found it funny. I almost disnt see him. I saw his wife first and was thinking she looks familiar, thrn I saw them together.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74034
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Jan 2018, 3:01pm

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 2:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:38pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:30pm
Just saw the runner up to the runner up for president at the grocery store. He knows his produce.
You missed your chance to tell him that the most recent season of Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty meh.
At least one of us would have found it funny. I almost disnt see him. I saw his wife first and was thinking she looks familiar, thrn I saw them together.
Have you met him before?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 7399
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by BostonBeaneater » 07 Jan 2018, 4:37pm

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:30pm
Just saw the runner up to the runner up for president at the grocery store. He knows his produce.
He is produce.
Image

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5161
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Mimi » 08 Jan 2018, 8:44am

I don't usually watch the Golden Globes, but if last night was any indication of past shows, then blergh. It was bloody awful.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74034
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Jan 2018, 8:59am

Mimi wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 8:44am
I don't usually watch the Golden Globes, but if last night was any indication of past shows, then blergh. It was bloody awful.
From John Ralston Saul's The Doubter's Companion:
Award Show: Mechanism by which the members of a given profession attempt to give themselves the attributes of the pre-modern ruling classes—the military, aristocracy and priesthood—by assigning various orders, decorations and medals to each other.

These shows are a superficial expression of corporatism. As with the pre-modern classes, their awards relate principally to relationships within the profession. Each time the words “I want to thank” are used by someone being decorated, they indicate a relationship based on power. The awards have little to do with that corporation’s relationship to the outside world—what you might call the public—or for that matter with quality.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6042
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob » 09 Jan 2018, 7:53pm

So back in the early 90s I bought a really cool and long since discontinued winter hat with the Alternative Tentacles logo on it. Eventually I had kids and they started wearing it. They would lose it from time to time then about 2 years ago it disappeared seemingly for good. Then Im at the grocery store today and I see this guy wearing the same hat. Sure he could have bought one of his own but those are some long odds.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74034
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Jan 2018, 7:47am

Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74034
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Jan 2018, 9:26am

How have I never heard of this before?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6042
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob » 10 Jan 2018, 9:59pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 9:26am
How have I never heard of this before?
The theme song or the show??

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74034
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Jan 2018, 10:08pm

revbob wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 9:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 9:26am
How have I never heard of this before?
The theme song or the show??
Both, I guess. But the show. It seems very SCTV.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 7399
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by BostonBeaneater » 11 Jan 2018, 3:05am

revbob wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 7:53pm
So back in the early 90s I bought a really cool and long since discontinued winter hat with the Alternative Tentacles logo on it. Eventually I had kids and they started wearing it. They would lose it from time to time then about 2 years ago it disappeared seemingly for good. Then Im at the grocery store today and I see this guy wearing the same hat. Sure he could have bought one of his own but those are some long odds.
The jocks in my Boston area high school wore those letterman jackets. On guy who grew up on my street had one with his nickname, Snake, on the sleeve. 20 years later I was in a bar in Jackson Heights, Queens and there was a guy wearing that very jacket. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Snake McDermott.
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6042
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob » 11 Jan 2018, 8:20am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 3:05am
revbob wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 7:53pm
So back in the early 90s I bought a really cool and long since discontinued winter hat with the Alternative Tentacles logo on it. Eventually I had kids and they started wearing it. They would lose it from time to time then about 2 years ago it disappeared seemingly for good. Then Im at the grocery store today and I see this guy wearing the same hat. Sure he could have bought one of his own but those are some long odds.
The jocks in my Boston area high school wore those letterman jackets. On guy who grew up on my street had one with his nickname, Snake, on the sleeve. 20 years later I was in a bar in Jackson Heights, Queens and there was a guy wearing that very jacket. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Snake McDermott.
Its my hat damnit and Im plotting how to get it back.

Spiff
User avatar
Mostly Nekkid
Posts: 3819
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:23am
Location: In the Spiff Bunker

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Spiff » 11 Jan 2018, 10:33am

Wonder what 101 has been up to lately?

Wonder no more:

Kiwi jams police frequency with N.W.A. song "Fuck Tha Police" for days on end.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Spiff
User avatar
Mostly Nekkid
Posts: 3819
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:23am
Location: In the Spiff Bunker

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Spiff » 11 Jan 2018, 10:40am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 3:01pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 2:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:38pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:30pm
Just saw the runner up to the runner up for president at the grocery store. He knows his produce.
You missed your chance to tell him that the most recent season of Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty meh.
At least one of us would have found it funny. I almost disnt see him. I saw his wife first and was thinking she looks familiar, thrn I saw them together.
Have you met him before?
Every one in Vermont knows one another.

See the "Alternative Tentacles" anecdote upthread as proof.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests