Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 10:10am
JennyB wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 9:29am
Mimi wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 6:15pm
Well, I didn't get the job. They gave it to someone who's been there longer than me. I'm okay with that. But still.
Job hunting sucks, doesn't it? It's so hard not to take it personally. I just applied for a job that they gave to someone 15 years younger than me and who has less experience. I thought I aced the interview, too. It's so frustrating.
I’m beginning to embrace the fact that I accidentally retired a few years ago apparently.
I actually love the organization where I work right now and like all of my coworkers. However, my boss is absolutely toxic and I am going to have a nervous breakdown or heart attack if I don't change jobs. Which sucks, because I'm super proud of the work we do.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Well, I didn't get the job. They gave it to someone who's been there longer than me. I'm okay with that. But still.
Job hunting sucks, doesn't it? It's so hard not to take it personally. I just applied for a job that they gave to someone 15 years younger than me and who has less experience. I thought I aced the interview, too. It's so frustrating.
I’m beginning to embrace the fact that I accidentally retired a few years ago apparently.
And no one gave you a gold watch, I bet.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 1:41pm
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I actually love the organization where I work right now and like all of my coworkers. However, my boss is absolutely toxic and I am going to have a nervous breakdown or heart attack if I don't change jobs. Which sucks, because I'm super proud of the work we do.
That sucks. Any way to get her fired? lol

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Nothing wrong with that I’ve retired a few times 😉

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I hate working for a living. I have so many other things I need to do.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

This has to be the best twitter story I've read in a long time.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Mimi wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 8:01am
This has to be the best twitter story I've read in a long time.

...so, another day in the suburbs amirite? :twitch:

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

For years I have been trying to convince MrsW than when she asks what I am thinking about and I say nothing, I really do mean nothing but she has never believed me and says it isn’t possible.
2018 and MrsW trying to explain to me how she is trying to get into Mindfulness and her target is to manage 10 breaths without thinking about anything and that I should try it.
Err hello

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 2:22pm
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I wish. She has everyone snowed. She is very charming and affable when she is not your boss. I was on the board at this organization for several years before I joined the staff, and I LOVED her. It just makes it all the more disappointing.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 4:50pm
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I wish. She has everyone snowed. She is very charming and affable when she is not your boss. I was on the board at this organization for several years before I joined the staff, and I LOVED her. It just makes it all the more disappointing.
A sociopath then?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 8:46pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:

A sociopath then?
Arent most bosses?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 8:46pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:

A sociopath then?
Yup.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Doing my weekly shopping i saw a guy with a jacket with the following patches on it:

Insane Clown Possy
Aerosmith
Godsmack
Metallica
Dave Mathews Band

And a few I didn't recognize or remember.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Apr 2018, 12:31pm
Doing my weekly shopping i saw a guy with a jacket with the following patches on it:

Insane Clown Possy
Aerosmith
Godsmack
Metallica
Dave Mathews Band

And a few I didn't recognize or remember.
And you thought, What the hell, Flex? Don't you recognize me?
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft