Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Silent Majority »

I've just done my first ever stand up open mic. Nobody heckled or booed and I got a solitary laugh. I feel bulletproof.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Silent Majority wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 5:53pm
I've just done my first ever stand up open mic. Nobody heckled or booed and I got a solitary laugh. I feel bulletproof.
Those highs are high.

Now let me tell you about the lows.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Wolter wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Those highs are high.

Prepare me, Jon, for the lows. I know the kindness of the audience came from how clearly put of my depth I was, which I had enough sense to acknowledge.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
If it helps, I would have heckled if I were there.

Otherwise, congrats!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

I was the only dickhead trying to get laughs, everyone else was playing acoustic country music. Bit of an odd audience, but warm, if pretty much baffled by the stuff I find funny. I improvised a bit up top about Johnny Cash's autobiography where he beat drugs, and drink and hard times only to go round his ranch and get mauled by one of his ostriches. Didn't get a laugh but I think helped get them onside. I've got enough punk rock in my blood to mean I can walk happily away regardless of crowd reaction.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Silent Majority wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 6:00pm
Wolter wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Those highs are high.

Prepare me, Jon, for the lows. I know the kindness of the audience came from how clearly put of my depth I was, which I had enough sense to acknowledge.
Oh, the audience will never be as mean as your own self-doubt. I’ve been bad and unfunny as an actor AND as a stand up, and with the latter you can blame the writing, the directing, or other cast members to write the feeling off. Standup? It’s just you, who the audience finds lacking in the one quantity a stand up needs: a sense of humor.

But once and a while you’ll kill and it will be the highest high ever. Other than drugs. Drugs are better. But it’s close.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 6:15pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Those highs are high.

Oh, the audience will never be as mean as your own self-doubt. I’ve been bad and unfunny as an actor AND as a stand up, and with the latter you can blame the writing, the directing, or other cast members to write the feeling off. Standup? It’s just you, who the audience finds lacking in the one quantity a stand up needs: a sense of humor.

But once and a while you’ll kill and it will be the highest high ever. Other than drugs. Drugs are better. But it’s close.
Boooo! Your advice sucks, you hack!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 6:42pm
Wolter wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 6:15pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Those highs are high.

Boooo! Your advice sucks, you hack!
Oh, I’ve achieved heel wrestler levels of enjoying audiences hating me at this point.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
Good for you mate. At least you didn't suffer the old Lenny Henry gag. "The audience was so hostile they threw fruit at me, still in the tins" ouch! :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Silent Majority wrote:
That's awesome! I'd pay good money to see you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Silent Majority wrote:
You should get yourself on The Cocaine. It’s a game changer.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Jul 2018, 2:02pm
Silent Majority wrote:
You should get yourself on The Cocaine. It’s a game changer.
Had myself some good times on the cocaine. Four or five times. The big payback the next day is what keeps me away from it. Plus: don't trust any of the dealers I know up here in Birmingham.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Te "" key on my keyboard is broken. Wen I'd like to post someting, I ave to find an "" somewere on te page to copy and paste every time tat letter appears. I'm not sure ow long tis can go on.

I believe Apple carges between $500-1200 for a repair because of te way tey've built teir laptops... and my 2014 model falls just outside of te 2015-2018 replacement sceme tey just announced. 😩😩😩

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

On an unrelated note, we're also balls deep in a batroom reno. At one point, te builders were talkin sop wit te air-conditioning man (ere on unrelated business) as te tile guy offered up is own perspective on grout/etc. I've never felt at suc a loss conversationally.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 6:42pm
Te "" key on my keyboard is broken. Wen I'd like to post someting, I ave to find an "" somewere on te page to copy and paste every time tat letter appears. I'm not sure ow long tis can go on.

I believe Apple carges between $500-1200 for a repair because of te way tey've built teir laptops... and my 2014 model falls just outside of te 2015-2018 replacement sceme tey just announced. 😩😩😩
You should also buy an "h" while you're at it.