Help me defeat Hitler...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Help me defeat Hitler...

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Just what is it this Hitler character has done that's so bad?

I checked all over and it seems he never released an album in the 90's.
That's 70's Sparks not 90's. But good reply. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

jayrok
Dirty Punk

Post by jayrok »

Marky Dread wrote:Just what is it this Hitler character has done that's so bad?

I checked all over and it seems he never released an album in the 90's.
TISM - (He'll Never Be An) Old Man River, lead singer Ron Hitler-Barassi.

[youtube][/youtube]

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

You're not there because you believe in what Hitler stood for -- you're there to educate people about history, and a lot of that is so people don't forget.
Everyone knows that you can't learn about genocide and totalitarian horror without dressing up like a goddamned SS guard. I'm assuming they made some people dress like concentration camp prisoners to complete the educational experience. Jesus Christ, Spiff, does Walter Mondale know about this?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Given that this is the only Hitler-dedicated thread here (and, I venture to say, the best on the Internet outside of Stormfront), I'll throw out a request. I'm hoping by fall or early winter to start on my next research project. I'm interested in the cultural significance of the myth of Hitler surviving the end of the war, whether ending up in Argentina or a head in a jar or a massive robot, but somehow escaping justice and living on to plague mankind. This isn't about whether he actually faked his own death (spoiler: he didn't), but why this possibility has endured as a premise or facet of postwar entertainment (tho in the dozen or so years after the war, it was less entertainment and more dread). If any of you know some good examples, I'd appreciate you offering up titles of books and movies, fiction and non-, with that premise that I can look at later on this year.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

The Iron Dream by Norman Spinrad, or the anthology, Hitler Victorious, might be a good start.
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

biopunk wrote:The Iron Dream by Norman Spinrad, or the anthology, Hitler Victorious, might be a good start.
Don't know either of them, so thanks muchly.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Longish piece on whether Hitler was being slowly poisoned by a quack treating him for flatulence.
http://www.neatorama.com/2014/03/24/Der ... th/#!BiqLm

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Longish piece on whether Hitler was being slowly poisoned by a quack treating him for flatulence.
http://www.neatorama.com/2014/03/24/Der ... th/#!BiqLm
So. . .

"Doctor" Hoy...
...who's not really a doctor but more like an 'engineer' of quack treatments that didn't work but cost a fortune...
...took a time machine back to 1936...
...bonded with Hitler over prodigious farting...
...began poisoning him with a high-fiber diet and Bulgarian peasant poop...
...was found to be profoundly disgusting and/or irritating by all of Hitler's inner circle, but that had so bonded over common interests of gastrointestinal malady:
...Image...
...that he froze out his inner circle for the Doctor, even though he knew it was slowly killing him...
...allowing him to isolate the Führer further from competent medical care...
...and up the dose of poison...
...destabilizing Hitler to the point where his clouded, addled mind dramatically hastened both Germany's and his own's collapse:
...(reenactment) Image. . .

. . .thus defeating Hitler, winning the war for the Allies, and causing Wolter's head to do this: Image

:twitch:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

All of which raises the question: if Eva Braun had been a ginger, would that have provided Adolph with the necessary protection and we'd all be (literally) singing from the Rammstein hymn book? Is this dystopian or utopian?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Rochus Misch claims he saw both the bodies of Adolf and Eva moments after they killed themselves on April 30, 1945.

Mind he also thinks Wire are punk rock and claims to have a copy of the London SS tape.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:Rochus Misch claims he saw both the bodies of Adolf and Eva moments after they killed themselves on April 30, 1945.

Mind he also thinks Wire are punk rock and claims to have a copy of the London SS tape.
Everyone knows that Hitler died in a giant robot suit in Castle Wolfenstein. Never believe the official story, people.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

One more year and this thread officially enters M.A.S.H. territory lasting longer than the War Over Punching Hitler itself. :scared:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:One more year and this thread officially enters M.A.S.H. territory lasting longer than the War Over Punching Hitler itself. :scared:
But what if Hitler survived? Then his availability for punchacating gets extended. Thank you, tinfoil hats!

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum