Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Pets.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 1:21am
Buddy and the blanket.
With legs beneath?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I do miss cats.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 9:16am
I do miss cats.
Been awhile since you took in a Broadway show?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 7:25am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 1:21am
Buddy and the blanket.
With legs beneath?
Correct. I am the odd man out of this equation.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 9:39am
revbob wrote:
I do miss cats.
That IS the last Broadway show I went to...only Broadway show now that I think about it.

Went to an off Broadway performance of Walmartopia.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 11:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I do miss cats.
That IS the last Broadway show I went to...only Broadway show now that I think about it.
Ha! I don't think I would ever attend a musical. There's a certain suspension of disbelief that I can't muster, that people go around communicating in song and dancing about.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 12:16pm
revbob wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 11:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I do miss cats.
Ha! I don't think I would ever attend a musical. There's a certain suspension of disbelief that I can't muster, that people go around communicating in song and dancing about.
Yeah I have that problem as well. My kid somehow got into Cats and when it was closing on Broadway my wife got tix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 7:24am
Mimi wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 9:56pm
Holy shit!
Don't underestimate some guys' need to get laid.

edit: We've also figured out he's a Scottish Fold. We didn't realize it because his ears are normal, but his face, eyes, body, and personality are consistent with the Scottish Fold. Then we found out that some are born with normal ears, called Straights.
Once you get him neutered after you officially adopt him :shifty: , he won't scratch your face anymore.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 10:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Holy shit!

edit: We've also figured out he's a Scottish Fold. We didn't realize it because his ears are normal, but his face, eyes, body, and personality are consistent with the Scottish Fold. Then we found out that some are born with normal ears, called Straights.
Once you get him neutered after you officially adopt him :shifty: , he won't scratch your face anymore.
I told him that I've rescued him twice now and he'd best not push his luck.

He's had two supervised visits with the girls downstairs. He was chatty and curious, but not aggressive at all. I don't think he ever saw Charlotte, who stayed high up on the cat tree (she'd be super safe there; he has stubby legs and really isn't very good at jumping up more than three or four feet). Zoë went under the table and hissed and growled the entire time as he got nearer. Which is to be expected. After about fifteen minutes, he returned to his cell and the girls were fine—no residual grudge held against us. He's definitely getting antsy being up there, tho. The vet said we had to wait ten days after his vaccine to be neutered, but the Boss is calling to see whether that can be bumped up. Night time is crazy loud with him. Post-testosterone Luke should, I suspect, be super mellow and we could more confidently let him and the girls figure each other out.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 10:49am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Holy shit!

He's had two supervised visits with the girls downstairs. He was chatty and curious, but not aggressive at all. I don't think he ever saw Charlotte, who stayed high up on the cat tree (she'd be super safe there; he has stubby legs and really isn't very good at jumping up more than three or four feet). Zoë went under the table and hissed and growled the entire time as he got nearer. Which is to be expected. After about fifteen minutes, he returned to his cell and the girls were fine—no residual grudge held against us. He's definitely getting antsy being up there, tho. The vet said we had to wait ten days after his vaccine to be neutered, but the Boss is calling to see whether that can be bumped up. Night time is crazy loud with him. Post-testosterone Luke should, I suspect, be super mellow and we could more confidently let him and the girls figure each other out.
Are cats nocturnal, or is he making the noise because he is in that enclosed space?
Got a Rake? Sure!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 10:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Holy shit!

Are cats nocturnal, or is he making the noise because he is in that enclosed space?
Cats are crepuscular - which means they are active at dusk and dawn - but they should be relatively inactive in-between. Our cats definitely get hyped up around the time we go to bed...but they eventually mellow out and go to sleep. I think it's because prey is most active at dusk and dawn...so they're wired to be alert and ready to hunt.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Holy shit!

Or he might cut you in your sleep for taking his manhood. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 10:57am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Cats are crepuscular - which means they are active at dusk and dawn - but they should be relatively inactive in-between. Our cats definitely get hyped up around the time we go to bed...but they eventually mellow out and go to sleep. I think it's because prey is most active at dusk and dawn...so they're wired to be alert and ready to hunt.
Even ours, who are seriously domesticated and sleep on our bed at night (even under the covers during really cold nights), are more active after the sun goes down. His issue is, I'm sure, being cooped up—limited territory, made worse by a firm knowledge that there's more outside and even in the house—and wanting to mate, and both of those things are generally done when it's dark out. So neutering should counter that a lot. Can't come soon enough, just so we can get get to an acceptable normal. So glad the girls were spayed when they were about 10 weeks old. Avoiding the first heat is better for their health and our sanity.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Holy shit!

Or he might cut you in your sleep for taking his manhood. :shifty:
Look, kid, would you rather have nuts or regular food and shelter? This really is an either/or scenario.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hamsters are supposedly crepuscular, too, but Teddy veers more nocturnal.
Got a Rake? Sure!