Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Pets.

Post by JoseUnidos »

Meet Joey & Dee Dee. They're sisters, Australian cattle dog/black lab mix, and we brought them home today. Our life is chaos.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JoseUnidos wrote:
17 Aug 2018, 6:14pm

Meet Joey & Dee Dee. They're sisters, Australian cattle dog/black lab mix, and we brought them home today. Our life is chaos.
Absolutely gorgeous dogs. Australian cattle dogs are one of those breeds that might be smarter than their humans. They and border collies are scary intelligent.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Nice doggies!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Those of you who had or have male cats, I'm curious: How much do they weigh or have weighed? Butters is a solid guy, and I was worried about his weight, but the vet said he's fine. He's 12lbs, tho. That seems big for a small animal. lol

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 12:29pm
Those of you who had or have male cats, I'm curious: How much do they weigh or have weighed? Butters is a solid guy, and I was worried about his weight, but the vet said he's fine. He's 12lbs, tho. That seems big for a small animal. lol
The Boss thinks Dickens topped off at around 12 lbs and he was never seemingly fat. I've always understood that looking at your cat overhead is a quick and dirty way of figuring out if he might be too heavy. If his sides bulge out, that's a spare tire. A nice straight line or even tapering in a bit is better. Currently, Zoë and Charlotte are each around 7.75 lbs, which their vet says is ideal. Their gut hangs down, but they have no side bulge whatsoever.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 12:54pm
Mimi wrote:
The Boss thinks Dickens topped off at around 12 lbs and he was never seemingly fat. I've always understood that looking at your cat overhead is a quick and dirty way of figuring out if he might be too heavy. If his sides bulge out, that's a spare tire. A nice straight line or even tapering in a bit is better. Currently, Zoë and Charlotte are each around 7.75 lbs, which their vet says is ideal. Their gut hangs down, but they have no side bulge whatsoever.
From overhead, he looks fine. She said she can feel his ribs so he's not fat or overweight. She called him a bodybuilder. Heh.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 12:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 12:54pm
Mimi wrote:
From overhead, he looks fine. She said she can feel his ribs so he's not fat or overweight. She called him a bodybuilder. Heh.
If ribs are evident, yeah, he's good. Some cats are just big ol' bruisers.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2018, 6:46pm
JoseUnidos wrote:

Absolutely gorgeous dogs. Australian cattle dogs are one of those breeds that might be smarter than their humans. They and border collies are scary intelligent.
Our previous dog (Topper) was a border collie mix and it was fun/scary watching him try to herd me & Kym. We should be okay as long as they don't form an unholy alliance with the cats and institute regime change at chez Unidos.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JoseUnidos wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 5:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JoseUnidos wrote:

Our previous dog (Topper) was a border collie mix and it was fun/scary watching him try to herd me & Kym. We should be okay as long as they don't form an unholy alliance with the cats and institute regime change at chez Unidos.
I've got a border collie and a jack russell and the border collie (mac) sure keeps that jack russell (niro) in line.

Lovely looking muttleys JoseUnidos. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JoseUnidos wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 5:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JoseUnidos wrote:

One of my sisters lives on a farm and a couple decades ago they had a pair of border collies, a male and a female. They were outdoor dogs, so in winter my sister fed them hot porridge. The female always are faster and would trick the male by looking up as if she heard something, start barking, then tear off. He'd follow her because, hey, somethin's up, but she'd circle around and finish off his bowl while he was looking for the intruder. Fascinating as hell to see the obvious planned deception and manipulation at work. I can't recall how my sister stopped the ploy, but she had to because the male wasn't catching on that he was being tricked every damned morning.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

JoseUnidos wrote:

Awesome!!! Great names, too. :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We just finished renovating our enclosed upstairs porch, properly insulating, drywalling, and flooring it. It's been the site of the upstairs cat litter box, which was fine when we hardly ever went in there, but now that it's a comfortable space to relax in, the sight of a litter box is a bit off-putting. So we have this thing on order:

The two doors open to reveal the litter box and a space for storage. (Also, not our kitty, just the stock photo.)

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 12:45pm
We just finished renovating our enclosed upstairs porch, properly insulating, drywalling, and flooring it. It's been the site of the upstairs cat litter box, which was fine when we hardly ever went in there, but now that it's a comfortable space to relax in, the sight of a litter box is a bit off-putting. So we have this thing on order:

The two doors open to reveal the litter box and a space for storage. (Also, not our kitty, just the stock photo.)
That looks great. I look forward to your review.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Looks fab and what a great idea!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy