Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Pets.

Post by Mimi »

My brother's chihuahua died in his arms on Saturday. He's clinically depressed as it is so I'm worried when the relief of her no longer having to suffer washes away and the sadness hits him. :disshame:

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Rat Patrol wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 11:29am
My cat has learned that punching at my eyelids with front paws while I'm in bed is an effective means of getting a consistent rise out of me at 2:56am. It now happens 5 times a night. :disshame:
This is a big reason mine sleep in the basement. Kitty used to sleep on my head (and had the loudest purr imaginable), Licorice kneaded dough all night, and Butters would put his cold, wet nose on my face. Good times.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

One of the consequences of combining my life with another human being's is that I seem to have ended up with a dog. The lady is out of town so it's the first time it's just me and the critter. Kinda fun.

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
04 Jun 2017, 10:57pm
One of the consequences of combining my life with another human being's is that I seem to have ended up with a dog. The lady is out of town so it's the first time it's just me and the critter. Kinda fun.

Cute dog! And nice gams!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Adorable pooch. Cats and dogs always make life better.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Flex wrote:
04 Jun 2017, 10:57pm

Nice doggo.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Today I saw a Great Dane-Dalmatian cross—the body of the former, the markings of the latter. Damn but it was a fascinating looking dog.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 6:57pm
Today I saw a Great Dane-Dalmatian cross—the body of the former, the markings of the latter. Damn but it was a fascinating looking dog.
It wasn't a harlequin Great Dane?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 8:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'd never heard of that, but based on the photos I googled, yes, it very well could have been.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 8:34pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'd never heard of that, but based on the photos I googled, yes, it very well could have been.
There is one where Scout gets groomed. They are beautiful, but they have such short lives. I don't think I could do it.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 8:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 8:34pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
There is one where Scout gets groomed. They are beautiful, but they have such short lives. I don't think I could do it.
I know exactly what you mean. :sad:

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

So my dad has been farting around for about a year now with his GoPro camera for all kinds of home improvement chores and other various and sundry Dadding® activities about town. For his birthday we decided it would be fun to get him a pet harness attachment for it so he could mount it to the family dog and find out what the fuck is going through her tiny grapefruit of a brain when she tears through the woods like a maniac after something.

Here was his first experiment:

Coonhound's-eye-view of playing in the backyard with two thick plastic balls she can't quite get her mouth around, so it drives her batshit and she dribbles them around like a soccer ball using her snout and barks excitedly. She'll literally do this for hours if there's someone around to occasionally kick one of the balls.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Fun stuff, if a bit disorienting with all the jumbling. The life of a dog can be pretty damned sweet.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

That's adorable. I miss having a dog. :meh:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

That is very cute. Lovely house as well.

I am apparently Fish Hitler, or Fitler, if you will. I don't know what happened. VH, Jr. had six fish (four glow fish and two bottom feeders) in a 10 gallon tank. I must have done something wrong when I cleaned the tank last time, because they all died within 48 hours. I feel so awful. I didn't do anything different aside from taking out a little more water than usual (which I have done before, no problem). :disshame: :cry:
Got a Rake? Sure!