Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Pets.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 11:09am
WestwayKid wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 10:57am
JennyB wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 10:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 10:49am
JennyB wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 10:37am

Once you get him neutered after you officially adopt him :shifty: , he won't scratch your face anymore.
I told him that I've rescued him twice now and he'd best not push his luck.

He's had two supervised visits with the girls downstairs. He was chatty and curious, but not aggressive at all. I don't think he ever saw Charlotte, who stayed high up on the cat tree (she'd be super safe there; he has stubby legs and really isn't very good at jumping up more than three or four feet). Zoë went under the table and hissed and growled the entire time as he got nearer. Which is to be expected. After about fifteen minutes, he returned to his cell and the girls were fine—no residual grudge held against us. He's definitely getting antsy being up there, tho. The vet said we had to wait ten days after his vaccine to be neutered, but the Boss is calling to see whether that can be bumped up. Night time is crazy loud with him. Post-testosterone Luke should, I suspect, be super mellow and we could more confidently let him and the girls figure each other out.
Are cats nocturnal, or is he making the noise because he is in that enclosed space?
Cats are crepuscular - which means they are active at dusk and dawn - but they should be relatively inactive in-between. Our cats definitely get hyped up around the time we go to bed...but they eventually mellow out and go to sleep. I think it's because prey is most active at dusk and dawn...so they're wired to be alert and ready to hunt.
Hamsters are supposedly crepuscular, too, but Teddy veers more nocturnal.
The domestication versus being in nature doubtless alters things. The reliability of food and the lack of predators changes the situation so much.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 11:27am

The domestication versus being in nature doubtless alters things. The reliability of food and the lack of predators changes the situation so much.
They always hang onto a bit of the woods though. Buddy has been set on murdering the birds outside our window since day one.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 11:09am
WestwayKid wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 10:57am
JennyB wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 10:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 10:49am

I told him that I've rescued him twice now and he'd best not push his luck.

He's had two supervised visits with the girls downstairs. He was chatty and curious, but not aggressive at all. I don't think he ever saw Charlotte, who stayed high up on the cat tree (she'd be super safe there; he has stubby legs and really isn't very good at jumping up more than three or four feet). Zoë went under the table and hissed and growled the entire time as he got nearer. Which is to be expected. After about fifteen minutes, he returned to his cell and the girls were fine—no residual grudge held against us. He's definitely getting antsy being up there, tho. The vet said we had to wait ten days after his vaccine to be neutered, but the Boss is calling to see whether that can be bumped up. Night time is crazy loud with him. Post-testosterone Luke should, I suspect, be super mellow and we could more confidently let him and the girls figure each other out.
Are cats nocturnal, or is he making the noise because he is in that enclosed space?
Cats are crepuscular - which means they are active at dusk and dawn - but they should be relatively inactive in-between. Our cats definitely get hyped up around the time we go to bed...but they eventually mellow out and go to sleep. I think it's because prey is most active at dusk and dawn...so they're wired to be alert and ready to hunt.
Hamsters are supposedly crepuscular, too, but Teddy veers more nocturnal.
Good point. I love this fucking hamster.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 11:39am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

They always hang onto a bit of the woods though. Buddy has been set on murdering the birds outside our window since day one.
Right—DNA is DNA. But by altering the environment and conditions, we allow some instincts to gain dominance, such as conserving energy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

OMGSOCUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, Luke's love affair with his testicles ends in under 24 hours. He goes in first thing tomorrow. We been giving him more time interacting with the rest of the house and the girls. It's mostly been fine, but he's gotten a bit more aggressive/intrusive the last couple days. Their hissing and growling has led to swatting then running, with him in pursuit, which leads to him being returned to his cell (what we have here is a failure to communicate). We're hoping it's largely the testosterone getting him excited. But after two sizeable vet bills, I think we'll have satisfied our claim to the goof.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 1:56pm
Well, Luke's love affair with his testicles ends in under 24 hours. He goes in first thing tomorrow. We been giving him more time interacting with the rest of the house and the girls. It's mostly been fine, but he's gotten a bit more aggressive/intrusive the last couple days. Their hissing and growling has led to swatting then running, with him in pursuit, which leads to him being returned to his cell (what we have here is a failure to communicate). We're hoping it's largely the testosterone getting him excited. But after two sizeable vet bills, I think we'll have satisfied our claim to the goof.
GOODBYE TO NUTS!

He’ll be fine.

BostonBeaneater

Buddy has no nuts!
Attachments
0812F306-51CF-474C-B863-2D3B4C0C72D4.jpeg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 7:23pm
Buddy has no nuts!
"I remember being horny. Really, really horny. I'm going to shit in your shoe."

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 7:39pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Buddy has no nuts!
He doesn’t shit in my shoe. I do have to keep nice shoes in my closet or else he chews the shit it of em.

I actually keep an old pair out just for him to chew on.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 7:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 7:39pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Buddy has no nuts!
He doesn’t shit in my shoe. I do have to keep nice shoes in my closet or else he chews the shit it of em.

I actually keep an old pair out just for him to chew on.
Whenever our old boy Dickens had a bladder infection that caused him to piss blood, he'd use any available shoe; he wouldn't use the litter when his piss was wrong.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The boy has returned, two balls lighter, stumbling around the spare room like a drunk as the anesthesia hasn't worn off. He'll be locked up again until Wednesday morning when we start supervised visits with the girls again. Hopefully enough edge has been taken off him to be less nosy with them.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 7:11pm
The boy has returned, two balls lighter, stumbling around the spare room like a drunk as the anesthesia hasn't worn off. He'll be locked up again until Wednesday morning when we start supervised visits with the girls again. Hopefully enough edge has been taken off him to be less nosy with them.
Ball-less and flawless.

Kitten Lady's song for the freshly neutered.