Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Pets.

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 11:32am
revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 10:49am
Was going to post this in the Doc/Canada thread

I do my damnedest that my cats will have a better life than me!
They won't get a football scholarship to State with that wishy-washy attitude.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 11:44am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 11:32am
revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 10:49am
Was going to post this in the Doc/Canada thread

I do my damnedest that my cats will have a better life than me!
They won't get a football scholarship to State with that wishy-washy attitude.
I'm counting on a curling scholarship to … province?
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 12:02pm
I love that fur.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 1:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I love that fur.
I'd love to have a Bengal even tho they're crazy high energy. But absolutely beautiful.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 1:41pm
revbob wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 1:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I love that fur.
I'd love to have a Bengal even tho they're crazy high energy. But absolutely beautiful.
Didn't know the name for it but those patterns are magnificent

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

My cat Butters was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in December. Since the medicine made him sick, we opted to get radioactive iodine treatment because it will cure it instead of slowing down the inevitable. Anyway, he's been home since Friday and my Geiger counter finally arrived today. Even after the 8 day half-life, Butters is still pretty spicy. A few inches from his head he reads about 300 cpm (don't ask me what that means) and about a foot away from him, he reads about 170ish. According to the little card that came with it, anything under 50 cpm is considered background radiation. I walked around the house with it and the readings don't usually go above 20 so the house is good. Anything about 100 is considered high. 1000 is get the fuck out the area now territory. So, at a half life he's still hot, I can only imagine what he was on day one which was Monday the 12th. Anyway, the device is cool and I feel a little better knowing where he stands. I'll monitor him every day because I'm weird that way.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Even tho the treatment is key to saving his life, I feel so bad for and worry about the little turd (I've been updating the Boss about his status; she sends her concern). He's going to deserve such a spoiling when he's safe to be around again.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 7:38pm
My cat Butters was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in December. Since the medicine made him sick, we opted to get radioactive iodine treatment because it will cure it instead of slowing down the inevitable. Anyway, he's been home since Friday and my Geiger counter finally arrived today. Even after the 8 day half-life, Butters is still pretty spicy. A few inches from his head he reads about 300 cpm (don't ask me what that means) and about a foot away from him, he reads about 170ish. According to the little card that came with it, anything under 50 cpm is considered background radiation. I walked around the house with it and the readings don't usually go above 20 so the house is good. Anything about 100 is considered high. 1000 is get the fuck out the area now territory. So, at a half life he's still hot, I can only imagine what he was on day one which was Monday the 12th. Anyway, the device is cool and I feel a little better knowing where he stands. I'll monitor him every day because I'm weird that way.
Poor Butters. I love that kitty. Hoping he gets better soon.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 7:44pm
Even tho the treatment is key to saving his life, I feel so bad for and worry about the little turd (I've been updating the Boss about his status; she sends her concern). He's going to deserve such a spoiling when he's safe to be around again.
Oh, he's frustrated as hell, digging in his litter box like he's punishing it. I've been allowing him out of his room to roam the hallway upstairs. I close all the doors, though, in case he decides he wants to jump on the bed and take a nap. Technically, he probably could, but I still have to be careful of bodily fluids, even saliva as he's now shedding (at least he's supposed to be) the iodine in his waste.

When it's all said and done, the little fucker is going to get love bombed! And I am going to get a massage. :approve:

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 7:50pm
Mimi wrote:
Poor Butters. I love that kitty. Hoping he gets better soon.
Awww, that's sweet. He said thanks.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 7:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 7:44pm
Oh, he's frustrated as hell, digging in his litter box like he's punishing it. I've been allowing him out of his room to roam the hallway upstairs. I close all the doors, though, in case he decides he wants to jump on the bed and take a nap. Technically, he probably could, but I still have to be careful of bodily fluids, even saliva as he's now shedding (at least he's supposed to be) the iodine in his waste.

When it's all said and done, the little fucker is going to get love bombed! And I am going to get a massage. :approve:
Hug 'im til he hates you!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
Our Minnie suffered from hyperthyroidism as well, wishing Butters all the best for a full and speedy recovery.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 8:47pm
Mimi wrote:
Our Minnie suffered from hyperthyroidism as well, wishing Butters all the best for a full and speedy recovery.
Thank you.