Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Pets.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

To add a bit of potential good news to this thread, the Boss and I may have found a dog to adopt. B is off to Ottawa tomorrow for her job interview, but when she gets back, and assuming Ditto is still available, I think we're going to see about a trial run to make sure that she and Pagan can co-exist (Pagan likely won't warm to a new animal, especially at her age, but as long as there's no outright aggression between the two, that isn't too bad).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I hope Tito shows up, Tep.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I had an angora bunny. His name was Bags and would occasionally answer to "Big."

Looked something like this:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:To add a bit of potential good news to this thread, the Boss and I may have found a dog to adopt. B is off to Ottawa tomorrow for her job interview, but when she gets back, and assuming Ditto is still available, I think we're going to see about a trial run to make sure that she and Pagan can co-exist (Pagan likely won't warm to a new animal, especially at her age, but as long as there's no outright aggression between the two, that isn't too bad).
<<<<<< Max Bernstein thinks Ditto is very cute (for a girl dog -- Max Bernstein is gay).
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

SandraM
Dirty Punk

Post by SandraM »

Ah, poor Tito. He'll probably be alright though, my sister-in-law's kitten disappeared for over a month - turned out someone had taken her in during heavy rain and the cat decided to stay a while. She came back when she was ready though.

rcs
Unknown Immortal

Post by rcs »

Inder wrote:I had an angora bunny. His name was Bags and would occasionally answer to "Big."

Looked something like this:
rabbits don't answer to anything.....

also, did you sneak this across international borders!!????????!!!!!!!!!??!!!!!!!
If you don't hate the Clash, you don't love them enough - Olaf

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Good luck, tep. Cats are pretty darned with it, I'm sure it'll turn up.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

SandraM wrote:someone had taken her in during heavy rain and the cat decided to stay a while. She came back when she was ready though.
Man, that must feel the same as getting cheated on.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:Good luck, tep. Cats are pretty darned with it, I'm sure it'll turn up.
If he ever listened to a word I said, he would be so grounded right now.

SandraM
Dirty Punk

Post by SandraM »

tepista wrote:
SandraM wrote:someone had taken her in during heavy rain and the cat decided to stay a while. She came back when she was ready though.
Man, that must feel the same as getting cheated on.
:D

Cats are well known floozies.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:To add a bit of potential good news to this thread, the Boss and I may have found a dog to adopt. B is off to Ottawa tomorrow for her job interview, but when she gets back, and assuming Ditto is still available, I think we're going to see about a trial run to make sure that she and Pagan can co-exist (Pagan likely won't warm to a new animal, especially at her age, but as long as there's no outright aggression between the two, that isn't too bad).
<<<<<< Max Bernstein thinks Ditto is very cute (for a girl dog -- Max Bernstein is gay).
:D I think Ditto's kind of a cute name. If we could do it fresh, I'd actually steal Zoë from your other dog—I've always loved that name.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Tito is fine, and I feel silly for overreacting. :(

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

tepista wrote:Tito is fine, and I feel silly for overreacting. :(
Huh? Did he find his way back, or was he hiding in the basement, or what?

Good to hear he's back though...check around the neighborhood for puppies in a couple months, I think the little guy might have set up some franchises, as Tyler Durden would put it...
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Still216 wrote:
tepista wrote:Tito is fine, and I feel silly for overreacting. :(
Huh? Did he find his way back, or was he hiding in the basement, or what?

Good to hear he's back though...check around the neighborhood for puppies in a couple months, I think the little guy might have set up some franchises, as Tyler Durden would put it...
That would be amazing if my cat had puppies! Wife beat me home, I parked my car and immediately shouted his name and she called out "He's right here" He was in the neighbors yard. Where he spent the night is a mystery. He comes in every single night to sleep, this being the first night he didn't come home made me think something was wrong. He's scratching at the door right now to go out, but he's grounded.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Great news, Tep. Worst feeling in your gut when a pet goes missing. I'm a big pussy whenever I see missing pet signs on telephone poles—the pet is probably scared and his/her family is devastated. I get that hollow feeling in my stomach all over again.