Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Pets.

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 3:01pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 2:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 2:18pm
Question for the cat people: When you add new litter to the box, do your monsters get excited? Both of ours act like Apple drones when a new iPhone is announced.
Mine used to inspect the freshly-cleaned box, shoot me an aghast look like "You sick fuck! You stole all my buried charms!", leave the room in disgust, then inevitably come back 5 minutes later to take first 'dibs' on the fresh box so I didn't piss her off even more by beating her to the punch with first squatting rights.
Ha! I've often wondered if the daily scooping process causes any kind of annoyance or even confusion, or if they just come to understand it as part of the nature of existence.
This is a shit thread!*

*Copyright Viz Comics.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 3:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Question for the cat people: When you add new litter to the box, do your monsters get excited? Both of ours act like Apple drones when a new iPhone is announced.
Mine used to inspect the freshly-cleaned box, shoot me an aghast look like "You sick fuck! You stole all my buried charms!", leave the room in disgust, then inevitably come back 5 minutes later to take first 'dibs' on the fresh box so I didn't piss her off even more by beating her to the punch with first squatting rights.
Ha! I've often wondered if the daily scooping process causes any kind of annoyance or even confusion, or if they just come to understand it as part of the nature of existence.
This is a shit thread!*

*Copyright Viz Comics.
Boo, Kiwi Marky!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 4:05pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This is a shit thread!*

*Copyright Viz Comics.
Boo, Kiwi Marky!
I'll take that as a compliment :approve:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 4:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 4:05pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:

This is a shit thread!*

*Copyright Viz Comics.
Boo, Kiwi Marky!
I'll take that as a compliment :approve:
If I wanted to insult you, I'd have called you Kiwi Geordie.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Well...she could tell when I cleaned the bathroom by the smell of bleach. Inevitably she'd come in right in after I was done, prop up on her hind legs to inspect the bowl, and check (I don't know...for floaters?) to make sure I was doing it right. :crazy:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 5:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Well...she could tell when I cleaned the bathroom by the smell of bleach. Inevitably she'd come in right in after I was done, prop up on her hind legs to inspect the bowl, and check (I don't know...for floaters?) to make sure I was doing it right. :crazy:
Every cat we've ever had has been nuts for the smell of bleach. If catnip is pot, then bleach is coke.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I get the impression Licorice waits for Butters to break it in. I use pine litter, in pellets. I don't think she likes it new.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 9:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I get the impression Licorice waits for Butters to break it in. I use pine litter, in pellets. I don't think she likes it new.
Or maybe a dominance thing in some way?

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 6:10am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It could be. But knowing how high maintenance Lic is, I'd say it's more "I don't like how this feels on my feets" thing. I could spend an hour or more talking about her eating habits. :rolleyes:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 8:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It could be. But knowing how high maintenance Lic is, I'd say it's more "I don't like how this feels on my feets" thing. I could spend an hour or more talking about her eating habits. :rolleyes:
I mention dominance only because our cats have inconsistent dominance issues. When it comes to our two cat trees, those are Charlotte's. If Zoë is on one and C comes around, Z leaves immediately. But when it comes to food, someone has to be there to monitor because Z wolfs hers down and will commandeer C's bowl without any kind of fight. C just walks away. And the upstairs litter box is shared, but Z looks around to make sure C isn't nearby before going in. Downstairs, they're both fine with that one. Just odd divisions of control.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 9:02am
Mimi wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 8:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I mention dominance only because our cats have inconsistent dominance issues. When it comes to our two cat trees, those are Charlotte's. If Zoë is on one and C comes around, Z leaves immediately. But when it comes to food, someone has to be there to monitor because Z wolfs hers down and will commandeer C's bowl without any kind of fight. C just walks away. And the upstairs litter box is shared, but Z looks around to make sure C isn't nearby before going in. Downstairs, they're both fine with that one. Just odd divisions of control.
Oh yeah. Licorice leaves whenever Butters shows up, and she won't come lay on the couch with me if he's in my lap. There's dominance there, for sure. Never thought it might extend to the litter box. Hmmm.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I am watching my kitty from 5000 miles away. He is not allowed on the counter.
Attachments
CB1F6925-3D09-48C1-83A1-582F5C5310B5.png

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 9:21pm
*snort* Our rule has always been just don't do that shit in front of us. Which works maybe 33% of the time, mainly because I don't enforce it.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
I gave up on trying to keep mine off the counter about ten years ago. lol

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 9:34pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
I gave up on trying to keep mine off the counter about ten years ago. lol
Years ago I had a small squirt gun for surfaces mine wasn't supposed to be on. It worked for maybe a month before her reflexes got too good for me to even attempt to draw. :disshame: