Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Pets.

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Mimi wrote:
31 May 2018, 4:55pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
31 May 2018, 4:47pm
Mimi wrote:
31 May 2018, 4:29pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
31 May 2018, 2:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 May 2018, 2:40pm

Poor little girl. I'm so sorry both of you are going thru this. Love her lots and lots and lots.
Buddy better live a while, we had to say goodbye twice in 16 months not long ago. It sucks but it's worth it.
That's rough.
Iggy Pup was inbred as hell (we adopted her that way) and her trachea collapsed and LucyFur was old as all hell and stopped liking food. Buddy is doing well despite being in constant existential crisis.
Iggy Pup and LucyFur. Nice. :approve: :lol:
He’s Vincent ‘Buddy’ Felanci, Mayor of Meowvidence.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2018, 5:34pm
Mimi wrote:
31 May 2018, 4:28pm
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the kind thoughts. This one is hitting me like a truck, reminding too much of when my dog died. She's always been my baby and to see her go through this and me feeling helpless because her kidneys are stupid is hard. Not lying when I say she was herself in the morning and a completely different cat when I came home from work. It was like someone had shut off a light. No signs or symptoms just BAM, which is scary about kidney disease.

If I could give only one piece of advice to cat owners: get 'em off the dry food.
Sorry to hear of this Mimi. Sympathies.
Thanks. :kiss:

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Well, I spoke with the vet after her latest blood work. Her kidney values have gone down significantly. She still wants me to do subQs for the next two weeks to see if it will push the numbers down even more. Maybe, and I'm hoping, this was something acute and it will straighten out with aggressive treatment. Still not out of the woods yet, but I can maybe catch my breath now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Fingers crossed. And such improvements can happen. Dickens had diabetes requiring insulin injections for around five years and then suddenly he started producing sufficient insulin on his own. Probably related to his diabetes, one winter his back legs lost strength—not quite paralyzed, but weak—and then in several months he was fine again. He amazed the hell out of his vet.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Hope the positive trend continues, meemz. Fingers crossed.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Thanks, guys!

BostonBeaneater

Hang in there kitty.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
31 May 2018, 10:20pm
Well, I spoke with the vet after her latest blood work. Her kidney values have gone down significantly. She still wants me to do subQs for the next two weeks to see if it will push the numbers down even more. Maybe, and I'm hoping, this was something acute and it will straighten out with aggressive treatment. Still not out of the woods yet, but I can maybe catch my breath now.
That's great news. I will keep my fingers crossed that it continues to go in this direction. Sending healing kitty vibes from the Jortsville.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I love you guys! :cry:

BostonBeaneater

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Please welcome Teddy (that's Tedddlleeee) Bernstein. He's very cute. I have already been able to lure him onto my hand and lift him a little. I am going to give him a couple of more days to let him get acclimated, and then we will try and take him out so VH, Jr. can play with him.
Attachments
Teddy.jpg
Teddy.jpg (29.78 KiB) Viewed 3510 times
Got a Rake? Sure!

BostonBeaneater

JennyB wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 12:51pm
Please welcome Teddy (that's Tedddlleeee) Bernstein. He's very cute. I have already been able to lure him onto my hand and lift him a little. I am going to give him a couple of more days to let him get acclimated, and then we will try and take him out so VH, Jr. can play with him.
Buddy would love to meet him but would be unfortunately inclined to eat him as well. He's a good looking little guy.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 2:19pm
JennyB wrote:
Buddy would love to meet him but would be unfortunately inclined to eat him as well. He's a good looking little guy.
Yeah - Scout (of the baseball helmet) had been trying to get at him all weekend.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Adorable little jellybean makers. Let the gnawing of his world begin!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 3:03pm
JennyB wrote:
Adorable little jellybean makers. Let the gnawing of his world begin!
Their poops are kind of cute.
Got a Rake? Sure!