Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Pets.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
28 May 2019, 2:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 May 2019, 11:45am
JennyB wrote:
28 May 2019, 11:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 May 2019, 11:17am
JennyB wrote:
28 May 2019, 11:12am

Shifty little bastards. We have a fenced in yard, so it's fine if we are home. We can't leave her outside when we aren't there, though. We have coyotes and other wildlife that could be dangerous for her.
Yikes. So you must be out in the burbs?

(We had a fenced yard, maybe four feet high. No match for a terrified samoyed-husky.)
Yep - we are literally in a forest, which I love, because nature. But it can get a little scary for the dog.
Do you have a security cam set up? Less for would-be thieves than for wildlife?
Nah. It's mainly deer. I worry more about her trying to sneak out of the fence to chase them than anything.
Ah. We have so many skunks and raccoons roaming the neighbourhood at night, even if I were inclined to let our cats go out, I'd be scared for them getting into it with genuine feral creatures.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss just yelled up to me, "Luke's heading your way with a corn cob." Que? I go looking for him and, yup, he's abandoned a big old cob of corn (already eaten) in a closet and gone into hiding. I wish I could have seen the idiot with that in his mouth.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
28 May 2019, 12:38pm
Aw, that's awful. I like snakes. I respect them. As long as they keep their distance, I'll keep mine. There are a lot of copperheads down here, and these black snakes are supposed to eat them, but damn if I'm still afraid to walk out in the grass during the summer. :scared:
Yeah snakes are cool. I remember as a kid my friends aunt (we were probably being annoying) said to us why dont you go out and catch a snake. So we did and brought it back to her. She was not amused.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 May 2019, 3:03pm
JennyB wrote:
28 May 2019, 2:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 May 2019, 11:45am
JennyB wrote:
28 May 2019, 11:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 May 2019, 11:17am

Yikes. So you must be out in the burbs?

(We had a fenced yard, maybe four feet high. No match for a terrified samoyed-husky.)
Yep - we are literally in a forest, which I love, because nature. But it can get a little scary for the dog.
Do you have a security cam set up? Less for would-be thieves than for wildlife?
Nah. It's mainly deer. I worry more about her trying to sneak out of the fence to chase them than anything.
Ah. We have so many skunks and raccoons roaming the neighbourhood at night, even if I were inclined to let our cats go out, I'd be scared for them getting into it with genuine feral creatures.
I always had outdoor cats growing up. I think cats are generally smart enough to avoid that stuff, we never had an issue. Dogs on the other hand are dumb dumb dumb and will get into it with whatever they come across.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 6:45pm
Dogs on the other hand are dumb dumb dumb and will get into it with whatever they come across.
My sister lives on a farm and they had a couple border collies. Smart and energetic dogs, yet dumb as stumps dogs. They always managed to find porcupines and come home with a snout of quills. Didn't matter how much it hurt, the experience never sunk in.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 6:48pm
revbob wrote:
Dogs on the other hand are dumb dumb dumb and will get into it with whatever they come across.
My sister lives on a farm and they had a couple border collies. Smart and energetic dogs, yet dumb as stumps dogs. They always managed to find porcupines and come home with a snout of quills. Didn't matter how much it hurt, the experience never sunk in.
My dog's downfall was skunks even after getting a direct spray to the face where he would be yelping from the pain he could go out the next night and do it all over again. Very smart in other ways but it was like some instinct kicked in where he couldn't help himself. That was our 2nd dog, the first one was much the same.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 7:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 6:48pm
revbob wrote:
My dog's downfall was skunks even after getting a direct spray to the face where he would be yelping from the pain he could go out the next night and do it all over again. Very smart in other ways but it was like some instinct kicked in where he couldn't help himself. That was our 2nd dog, the first one was much the same.
It's intriguing that dogs are amongst the more trainable animals out there—they're just built to learn—yet they're hardwired to do the stupidest shit over and over regardless of the negative experience.

Bringing Luke into our family has kind of reset the time frame, but after our cats, I suspect we'll do a dog or two (assuming I'm even breathing at that point).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

I need a haircut.
Attachments
20190613_202052.jpg

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

cute

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BitterTom wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 3:21pm
I need a haircut.
What a fluffbutt! (That's a compliment).
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Beaneater: Does Buddy still walk like he's carrying a couple giant nuts behind him? Luke still has a bit of wide spread in his back legs when he's casually walking, like he's still packing.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Our aquarium (which has been housing our betta, Finny and nerite snail, Gordon) now has pest snails. I got a live aquatic plant that was supposed to be snail free, but I have since learned that one can never be guaranteed snail free (damn you, capitalism!). Right now, they are tiny, but I fear the tank will soon be overrun with them.

Anyone like escargot? :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy