Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 12:45pm
Inder wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 1:25pm

Great feature on Tom King's Kite Man — King's Joker/Riddler arc did an amazing job with this meta/D-list punching bag.
Hopefully somebody can redeem Slit Man one of these days.
You rang?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 12:17pm
Kory wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 12:45pm
Inder wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 1:25pm

Great feature on Tom King's Kite Man — King's Joker/Riddler arc did an amazing job with this meta/D-list punching bag.
Hopefully somebody can redeem Slit Man one of these days.
You rang?
NO REDEMPTION
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Just saw Thor: Ragnarok. That was basically pure, uncut Kirby and Simonson crossed with Pak’s World War Hulk.

There were at least 7-8 moments that I could imagine seeing airbrushed on a van, AND Immigrant Song played twice.

It’s basically everything I have ever wanted from a Marvel movie.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 6:15pm
Just saw Thor: Ragnarok. That was basically pure, uncut Kirby and Simonson crossed with Pak’s World War Hulk.

There were at least 7-8 moments that I could imagine seeing airbrushed on a van, AND Immigrant Song played twice.

Holy shit. This description may get me to lift my informal boycott of superhero movies.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 6:18pm
Wolter wrote:

Holy shit. This description may get me to lift my informal boycott of superhero movies.
Just dont be the dick gufawwing out loud at all the easy jokes. We had this one guy behind us doing that if you really thought it was funny you should be over that now that previews have been all over tv for the past month or so. My kid enjoys these. I go in the hopes of seeing Scarlett Johansen

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 6:18pm
Wolter wrote:

It's legit fun, with heart. It's the Thor movie I've wanted since the first one was announced.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Whoa -- Bendis jumping to DC.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Daredevil's doing an obvious Trump story, where the Kingpin, running as an outsider who can get things done, becomes mayor of New York. He's holding business meetings with other villains and has the police going after the heroes. Not exactly subtle, but we'll see how it goes.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 3:26pm
Daredevil's doing an obvious Trump story, where the Kingpin, running as an outsider who can get things done, becomes mayor of New York. He's holding business meetings with other villains and has the police going after the heroes. Not exactly subtle, but we'll see how it goes.
Is Soule still writing?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 3:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is Soule still writing?
Yup, but this is the first DD story he's done that seems halfway interesting. Everything else has been a serious snore, imo.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 3:51pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is Soule still writing?
Yup, but this is the first DD story he's done that seems halfway interesting. Everything else has been a serious snore, imo.
Yeah I didn't care for the Back in Black stuff. That little sidekick of his is annoying.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 4:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 3:51pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is Soule still writing?
Yeah I didn't care for the Back in Black stuff. That little sidekick of his is annoying.
Pretty much any Daredevil ninja/Hand stuff bores me. Because there's never any actual story there.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Um, John Byrne hates libraries and thinks they cause piracy? I think I can state confidently that that is the dumbest thing I'll read today.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 1:01pm

Um, John Byrne hates libraries and thinks they cause piracy? I think I can state confidently that that is the dumbest thing I'll read today.
Does that dumb bastard not understand that libraries BUY those books, and help readers who will buy other wor— you know what? He doesn’t. Christ he’s an idiot

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

People working in a medium seemingly hate that medium so they use the language of a more popular medium, even if it makes no sense.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvels-adding- ... 1820638852