Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 8:09am
Kimmelweck wrote:
30 Nov 2023, 11:31pm
Kory wrote:
30 Nov 2023, 3:29pm
I'm going to rant about spoilers for a minute. I just got fucked over by some asshole on a huge reveal that just came out yesterday. Normally I'd have been at my LCS and gotten the issue, but I was getting over a cold and am going today instead. Fucker couldn't even wait two days. I called him out and he doubled down on being a dick, also adding that "[he gets] spoiled all the time, nothing to get upset about." On something I'd been waiting months for. So now 'm supposed to lower how much I care about the book to HIS level, just so he can make a fucking post.

All of this to say, we're fucking doomed as a society because this is exactly why the assholes run the world. We all have to conform to them.
I found out that Han Solo died, as a lurker on IMCT, in the Star Wars thread, less than 24 hours before I went to see the movie with my parents. I forget who it was. It was almost 5 more years before I finally started posting here. True story, I shit you not. Fuckers. :lol:
Being an obsessive/curious feller, I had to go find the post. I feared it would be me who was the asshole, but thankfully it was Dave: viewtopic.php?p=425934#p425934

Nobody else talked about Han's death for several weeks after it opened.
It was perhaps his BB-8 reveal that was most damaging.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 8:09am
Kimmelweck wrote:
Kory wrote:
I'm going to rant about spoilers for a minute. I just got fucked over by some asshole on a huge reveal that just came out yesterday. Normally I'd have been at my LCS and gotten the issue, but I was getting over a cold and am going today instead. Fucker couldn't even wait two days. I called him out and he doubled down on being a dick, also adding that "[he gets] spoiled all the time, nothing to get upset about." On something I'd been waiting months for. So now 'm supposed to lower how much I care about the book to HIS level, just so he can make a fucking post.

All of this to say, we're fucking doomed as a society because this is exactly why the assholes run the world. We all have to conform to them.
I found out that Han Solo died, as a lurker on IMCT, in the Star Wars thread, less than 24 hours before I went to see the movie with my parents. I forget who it was. It was almost 5 more years before I finally started posting here. True story, I shit you not. Fuckers. :lol:
Being an obsessive/curious feller, I had to go find the post. I feared it would be me who was the asshole, but thankfully it was Dave: viewtopic.php?p=425934#p425934

Nobody else talked about Han's death for several weeks after it opened.
Ha! Yup, that's the post. Fuckin' Dave. :angry: 😂

Also, I 100% knew that you wouldn't be able to resist going back to look it up for me Doc. :lol:
Shoot straight for once, you Army pukes. - Lt. Col. Andrew Tanner, USAF

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dont even recall Han dying. :twitch:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 9:14am
I didn't even know he was sick!
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 8:58am
Also, I 100% knew that you wouldn't be able to resist going back to look it up for me Doc. :lol:
:disshame:
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 9:20am
revbob wrote:
Wookie STDs are no joke.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 8:58am
:disshame:
Hey, I'm an obsessive/curious feller too, but also lazy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 9:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wookie STDs are no joke.
Apparently it's not just a myth promoted by the Empire to marginalize a hirsute species.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 10:46am
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wookie STDs are no joke.
Apparently it's not just a myth promoted by the Empire to marginalize a hirsute species.
Yeah, before he met Leia, Han briefly but foolishly had a relationship with Chewie's younger sister, Scratchy. :yuck:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 11:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wookie STDs are no joke.
Yeah, before he met Leia, Han briefly but foolishly had a relationship with Chewie's younger sister, Scratchy. :yuck:
Like the old Tatooine saying goes, "Don't stick your dick in Wookiie."

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Kimmelweck wrote:
Kory wrote:

I bet it was Flex.

edit: oh, it was BBE, that makes sense too.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Kory wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 3:56pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Kory wrote:

I bet it was Flex.

edit: oh, it was BBE, that makes sense too.
Yeah, if Beaner hadn't totally ruined my Star Wars experience, I might have started posting here 5 years earlier. 😂

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 12:14pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Wookie STDs are no joke.
This post makes me wonder...is it correctly spelled wookie, wookiee, or wookiie?

I mean, it also makes me wonder other things too...like, did Chewbacca have a big red dog dick? :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 2:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 12:14pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

Wookie STDs are no joke.
This post makes me wonder...is it correctly spelled wookie, wookiee, or wookiie?

I mean, it also makes me wonder other things too...like, did Chewbacca have a big red dog dick? :shifty:
I knew there was a weird double vowel at the end, but guessed wrong—it's a double e, not i.

Also: maybe.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 2:27pm
I knew there was a weird double vowel at the end, but guessed wrong—it's a double e, not i.
I went with "wookie" originally, and then tortured myself over whether to revise it. After you replied with "wookiie", I knew my edit would have the dreaded "edited" tag. I was then relieved to have looked it up and to have found out that we were both wrong. :approve: