Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 6:32pm
revbob wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 1:01pm
So do y'all think I'm onto something in seeing it as a response to Watchmen, or is that neither here nor there?
Im just wondering what the hell happened to all tbose clowns.
The various characters in Watchmen? Mostly worked the convention circuit, some game show work, and endorsing infomercial products.
In seriousness, didn't they get folded into the larger DC universe somewhat recently? I think people were up in arms about it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 12:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
So do y'all think I'm onto something in seeing it as a response to Watchmen, or is that neither here nor there?
The various characters in Watchmen? Mostly worked the convention circuit, some game show work, and endorsing infomercial products.
In seriousness, didn't they get folded into the larger DC universe somewhat recently? I think people were up in arms about it.
Yeah, I recall reading that Dr. Manhattan is now part of the on-going continuity and Rorschach is alive again(?).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 12:37pm
Kory wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 12:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, I recall reading that Dr. Manhattan is now part of the on-going continuity and Rorschach is alive again(?).
I haven’t read any of it, but yeah.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Different Rosch.

Manhattan was a way to retcon Flashpoint/New 52 and bring back some OG storylines and plot points — Supes is married to Lois again and they have a kid, original Wally West is back (alongside the new one), Carter Hall Hawkman's coming back (even though this is more METAL-related), etc. He also vaporized Earth-3 Owlman (and maybe Metron) in this fabulous scene:

The Watchman/DCU stuff is going to be explored in the upcoming Doomsday event.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Speaking as an outsider who superficially reads summaries of what's happening with DC, but do they try some kind of reboot every five years? At this point, just say fuck it to any kind of continuity and make every story a stand-alone with no implications on anything else. Continuity has apparently become such a burden for both Marvel and DC, so go the Archie route and kick it to the curb altogether.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 7:25pm
Speaking as an outsider who superficially reads summaries of what's happening with DC, but do they try some kind of reboot every five years? At this point, just say fuck it to any kind of continuity and make every story a stand-alone with no implications on anything else. Continuity has apparently become such a burden for both Marvel and DC, so go the Archie route and kick it to the curb altogether.
I believe one of the things behind Rebirth was an effort to place less emphasis on continuity and just let people write the stories — which is how we end up with THE FANTASTIC DARK NIGHTS: METAL WHICH NONE OF YOU ARE READING.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 7:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I believe one of the things behind Rebirth was an effort to place less emphasis on continuity and just let people write the stories — which is how we end up with THE FANTASTIC DARK NIGHTS: METAL WHICH NONE OF YOU ARE READING.
On the former, that would be good. On that latter, we just hate you that much.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 7:37pm
Inder wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 7:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
On the former, that would be good. On that latter, we just hate you that much.
Also, "booyah!" is dated.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Note to self: When meeting new people, announce name while defiantly pointing thumb at your own chest. That establishes confidence that you know who the fuck you are to this asshole.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 8:17am
Note to self: When meeting new people, announce name while defiantly pointing thumb at your own chest. That establishes confidence that you know who the fuck you are to this asshole.
I'm adopting this from now on.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
He's bald and has unkempt facial hair thus in the Mark Trailverse he is evil and is due a punch in the face from one Mark Trail.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 9:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He's bald and has unkempt facial hair thus in the Mark Trailverse he is evil and is due a punch in the face from one Mark Trail.
Further note to self: Never travel to the Mark Trailverse without adequate health insurance.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 7:43am
I wonder if the clowns ALSO had a nice car.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Mar 2018, 12:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 7:43am
I wonder if the clowns ALSO had a nice car.
I know I'm on tenterhooks to find out!