Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 May 2020, 10:21am
… said no one ever to a Kevin.
In that first panel he looks like he's being forced to apologize.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 May 2020, 10:39am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 May 2020, 10:21am
… said no one ever to a Kevin.
In that first panel he looks like he's being forced to apologize.
And Kevin's looking at him thinking, "Yeah, right, you fucker. *I'll* never forget every shitty thing you said to me."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Yeah, I've seen that face before. It's the guys being forced to be nice to me after bullying me at school or whatever.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
16 May 2020, 11:03am
Yeah, I've seen that face before. It's the guys being forced to be nice to me after bullying me at school or whatever.
Oh shit and the orphan kid is named Kevin.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Pretty sure adopting or fostering kids, even Kevins, involves paperwork and the like. It's not like picking out a lobster from a tank at a restaurant.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 May 2020, 8:48am
Pretty sure adopting or fostering kids, even Kevins, involves paperwork and the like. It's not like picking out a lobster from a tank at a restaurant.
This is some black market human trafficking shit. Kevin is gonna be chained up in the basement.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 May 2020, 8:48am
This is some black market human trafficking shit. Kevin is gonna be chained up in the basement.
That would explain all the sly grins.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Haven't read a comic in years, but I just finished Superman Smashes the Klan and it was an utter delight. Exactly what I love in superhero comics. Pure, Nazi punching and immigrant-accepting joy.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Flex wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 12:50am
Haven't read a comic in years, but I just finished Superman Smashes the Klan and it was an utter delight. Exactly what I love in superhero comics. Pure, Nazi punching and immigrant-accepting joy.
Same here, but this sounds like something I might enjoy.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 8:40am
Flex wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 12:50am
Same here, but this sounds like something I might enjoy.
Yes post bootleg images Flex.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Probably only of real interest to Dr. Hookenstein, but today I learned these two longtime stalwarts of the Silver and Bronze Age of comics were friends since high school, and graduated together from the school of visual arts in 1948 (along with Wally Wood). Explains why they worked together for like 40 years.
Attachments
976AF463-6FC7-4477-8F38-80E5C0785408.jpeg
976AF463-6FC7-4477-8F38-80E5C0785408.jpeg (111.35 KiB) Viewed 4210 times
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 2:58pm
Probably only of real interest to Dr. Hookenstein, but today I learned these two longtime stalwarts of the Silver and Bronze Age of comics were friends since high school, and graduated together from the school of visual arts in 1948 (along with Wally Wood). Explains why they worked together for like 40 years.
Ross Andru will always be my Spider-man artist. He was on Amazing when I started reading—the Doc Ock-Ghost of Hammerhead story, to be precises—so he'll always be my standard (in the same way that Gerry Conway and Len Wein are my Spidey writers).

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 5:42pm
Wolter wrote:
Ross Andru will always be my Spider-man artist. He was on Amazing when I started reading—the Doc Ock-Ghost of Hammerhead story, to be precises—so he'll always be my standard (in the same way that Gerry Conway and Len Wein are my Spidey writers).
. I remembered you saying that. And I’m pretty sure Esposito was his inker first most If not all of it. They were almost always paired together.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 6:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
. I remembered you saying that. And I’m pretty sure Esposito was his inker first most If not all of it. They were almost always paired together.
Yeah, on the Conway issues, I'm pretty sure. He was inking Romita and Jim Mooney as Mickey Demeo back in the 60s, too. In a way, Mike Esposito is the key figure in post-Ditko Spider-man art all the way to almost the 80s.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 7:02pm
Wolter wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 6:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Yeah, on the Conway issues, I'm pretty sure. He was inking Romita and Jim Mooney as Mickey Demeo back in the 60s, too. In a way, Mike Esposito is the key figure in post-Ditko Spider-man art all the way to almost the 80s.
Fans of wild 60s DC comics probably enjoyed their run on Metal Men as well. Though the normies probably knew them for Eonder Woman.