Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Internet fame: The real yeti that lurks within us. Which makes eumaas' traditional birthday advice more poignant, really.

Also, by the time Genie finishes her story, I want her took over and see that Mark is frozen solid from standing all this time underdressed in a goddamned blizzard.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mark takes some time and breaks the fourth wall to talk with the kids about what's really important, like the fascinating albino skunks of Portugal!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 10:34am
Mark takes some time and breaks the fourth wall to talk with the kids about what's really important, like the fascinating albino skunks of Portugal!
So back to the regular artist too from the looks of it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mark's punching fists feel a little tingle. This trip may not have been in vain. There may yet be punching justice!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 9:27am
Mark's punching fists feel a little tingle. This trip may not have been in vain. There may yet be punching justice!
The artwork looks wonky again in this strip.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 8:45am
1) What the fuck is going on with Genie's eye in panel 3? Lazy eye? A yeti sneaking up on her? Is she a refugee from a Picasso painting?
Genie's Picasso Syndrome is entering the critical stage. Get her to a hospital!

Also, down off the mountain, Mark returns to the security of his pink shirt.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 8:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
1) What the fuck is going on with Genie's eye in panel 3? Lazy eye? A yeti sneaking up on her? Is she a refugee from a Picasso painting?

Wait so Dr. Yeti is dead?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 1:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Seemingly. If the avalanche didn't kill him, being abandoned by everyone in his party would likely do it.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 1:58pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Seemingly. If the avalanche didn't kill him, being abandoned by everyone in his party would likely do it.
Hooray! It was going to happen sooner or later.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 2:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 1:58pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hooray! It was going to happen sooner or later.
But. There. Was. No. Punching! No punching, no justice!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

This whole story arc was like made up by a 3rd grader or something. Genie knowingly participated in this expedition to humor Harvey and now is lamenting how it all turned into a shit show with someone likely dead and many thousands of dollars wasted.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 3:53pm
This whole story arc was like made up by a 3rd grader or something. Genie knowingly participated in this expedition to humor Harvey and now is lamenting how it all turned into a shit show with someone likely dead and many thousands of dollars wasted.
Yeah, but we learned that Generation Snapchat should stop taking selfies in search of their inner yeti and instead go out in the world to find their inner sasquatch.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

On the one hand, this would suggest my theory was wrong that Mark snapped Cherry's neck and ran away to Nepal to escape John Law. On the other hand, do we actually see Cherry here? Maybe Mark is faking her voice for any eavesdroppers or, better yet, he's gone Norman Bates.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 8:53am
On the one hand, this would suggest my theory was wrong that Mark snapped Cherry's neck and ran away to Nepal to escape John Law. On the other hand, do we actually see Cherry here? Maybe Mark is faking her voice for any eavesdroppers or, better yet, he's gone Norman Bates.
"I don't know for sure, Cherry. I just couldn't be bothered to look for him any further."
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 9:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 8:53am
"I don't know for sure, Cherry. I just couldn't be bothered to look for him any further."
Or, like, at all. I think Mark's uncaring attitude is less because he's into nature and mythological creatures and more because he's an old-fashioned paper and ink journalist, not a social media guy. He's taking his stand for a dying breed, dammit!