Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2017, 9:06am
Silent Majority wrote:
09 Mar 2017, 8:59am
That writer is a total goon based on his twitter.
Oh? What's the scoop? All I know is that the storyline moves at a snail's pace and isn't interesting whatsoever.
He basically has responded to numerous and extensive critiques of his story by accusing them of all being disingenuous liars who are just doing it for Patreon money. He says his stories can't be racist/reactionary because he's a liberal who writes a black character. When Richard Spencer got punched, he roundly chided everyone cheering that for being just as bad as Nazis themselves. He's a real asshead.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
16 Mar 2017, 3:43am
He says his stories can't be racist/reactionary because he's a liberal who writes a black character.
Man, have liberals learned zilch since the 60s? Cos that sounds like the same oblivious reaction of white liberals to black power protests.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2017, 6:17am
Wolter wrote:
He says his stories can't be racist/reactionary because he's a liberal who writes a black character.
Man, have liberals learned zilch since the 60s? Cos that sounds like the same oblivious reaction of white liberals to black power protests.
It's almost the exact same spiel Peter Parker was giving in the late 60s when 40ish Stan Lee couldn't fathom hippies.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
16 Mar 2017, 10:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2017, 6:17am
Wolter wrote:
It's almost the exact same spiel Peter Parker was giving in the late 60s when 40ish Stan Lee couldn't fathom hippies.
In some respects, I appreciate guys like Frank Miller who present an unambiguously fascist take on the genre. There isn't that awkward attempt to have one's cake and eat it. When you're a white guy lecturing a historically marginalized people on how to behave while making a living in a genre whose fundamental rule validates the idea of violence as a means of achieving justice, you likely haven't worked thru the knots in the string.

Being a liberal, quite frankly, is a tough position to take because it is laced with contradictions regarding the positions of the individual and the group, of liberty for state power, of civic duty and personal ambition. It's not impossible to reconcile how you privilege these things, I imagine, but I rarely get the sense that liberals treat any of this stuff as difficult, that it's apparently common sense and anyone with half a brain would be a liberal. I disagree with mid-century liberal intellectuals on a lot of things, but at least they understood that occupying the centre was a challenge, that it was easier to seek purity on the extremes than wrestle complexity and contradiction in the middle.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
16 Mar 2017, 3:39am
Inder wrote:
15 Mar 2017, 8:40pm
Meanwhile the guy writing Captain America has made Cap a Nazi and has Sam Wilson chide protestors for their potential violence.
In a weird bit of serendipity, Anthony Mackie also said that trump was for the working man (though this turned out to be a joke he made in-character from one of his recent films).
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

You can have your Spider-man cartoon theme. I'll take the Hulk's pedestrian weirdness.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2017, 7:55am
I hate when comics have bad flow between speech balloons.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Lynda Carter was always known for being 2/3 legs and flat chested.

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And wearing Kareem's goggles in day to day life.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
06 May 2017, 8:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2017, 7:55am
I hate when comics have bad flow between speech balloons.
Unfortunately, Moebius is guilty of this, but it's a small price to pay.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Stan Lee's wife of some 70 years, Joan, just died. John Byrne's response? "Sad. Stan will follow soon, I expect." He remains mystified why so many people think he's a total asshole.