Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 5:29pm
I am SUPER bored at work right now. Does anyone have anything for me to read? Bonus points if it's about, like, Wire or something.
Maybe this will satisfy. The Oatmeal posted this the other day: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/idiocy
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 5:36pm
Kory wrote:
I am SUPER bored at work right now. Does anyone have anything for me to read? Bonus points if it's about, like, Wire or something.
Maybe this will satisfy. The Oatmeal posted this the other day: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/idiocy
I saw that one already, thanks! I'm not a big Oatmeal fan anyway.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 5:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
His early stuff was much better.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 5:49pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
He reminds me of a cross between Seinfeld and Kinison.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 5:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I can sorta see the Seinfeld part, but he strikes me more as a weird storyteller, with a quirky interest in being uplifting.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 6:07pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I can sorta see the Seinfeld part, but he strikes me more as a weird storyteller, with a quirky interest in being uplifting.
He was hated by the Internet for like a year because he was an SEO/online marketing person who would nakedly game content for trending social media topics and stories. Then, for some reason, everyone forgot about that and he became a beloved online commentator.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 9:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

He was hated by the Internet for like a year because he was an SEO/online marketing person who would nakedly game content for trending social media topics and stories. Then, for some reason, everyone forgot about that and he became a beloved online commentator.

I have literally not heard about any of this. Matthew Inman, the guy who tried to get a Tesla museum going?

Edit: After some googling, I'm seeing some of this. Weird that I was asleep for all of this hooha.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 9:42pm
Inder wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 9:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I have literally not heard about any of this. Matthew Inman, the guy who tried to get a Tesla museum going?

Edit: After some googling, I'm seeing some of this. Weird that I was asleep for all of this hooha.
Also he's from my neighborhood, so I'd kinda have to hate him even if I did like him.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mark Trail continues to present us with the kind of insanity that we long to see from nature.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jan 2018, 8:51am
Mark Trail continues to present us with the kind of insanity that we long to see from nature.
What Th - Classic Mark Trail, Dodd and Elrod would be proud.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This is like a comedian fucking up a joke. The first two panels are the set-up and the last panel the punchline, but they got their notecards mixed up with another joke.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 9:24am
This is like a comedian fucking up a joke. The first two panels are the set-up and the last panel the punchline, but they got their notecards mixed up with another joke.
I dunno, it makes sense to me. Clearly there's some fucking dinosaurs out there, and Mark feels like he needs to remind his young ward not to get eaten, but he really can't contain his pleasure at the thought.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Well, I've finished my Cerebus re-read and decided to re-read Uncanny X-Men, adjectiveless X-Men, New Mutants (dropping off after Weezy comes on board), Excalibur (dropping off when Ellis comes on board) from Claremont to current. Wish me luck.