IMCT Running Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Jun 2017, 5:02pm

threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 4:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 10:42am
threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 10:09am
Just started running early this year. Just hit the 5k landmark, which I can do in 30 mins. A lot of work to do, but I'm enjoying it a lot!

Anyone on Runkeeper can add me here:
https://runkeeper.com/user/threecoffins/
As I've said to Flex and others many times, I'm in awe of you runners. Do you have a target in mind, whether distance or rate?
I took it up because I have a beer gut and distance running is something I liked and had an aptitude for as a kid. I have a large reservoir of dogged determination (it hides in the spare tire), so it suits me well haha! I'd like to get comfy with a 10k over this year, and then maybe try some races next year.
Great that you're making the commitment. Hope you get your girlish figure back.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

threecoffins
User avatar
Sasquatch Determinator
Posts: 1732
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 10:33am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by threecoffins » 06 Jun 2017, 5:15pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 5:02pm
threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 4:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 10:42am
threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 10:09am
Just started running early this year. Just hit the 5k landmark, which I can do in 30 mins. A lot of work to do, but I'm enjoying it a lot!

Anyone on Runkeeper can add me here:
https://runkeeper.com/user/threecoffins/
As I've said to Flex and others many times, I'm in awe of you runners. Do you have a target in mind, whether distance or rate?
I took it up because I have a beer gut and distance running is something I liked and had an aptitude for as a kid. I have a large reservoir of dogged determination (it hides in the spare tire), so it suits me well haha! I'd like to get comfy with a 10k over this year, and then maybe try some races next year.
Great that you're making the commitment. Hope you get your girlish figure back.
Thanks for the support, Doc! It's also a great excuse to listen to cheeseball 80's anthems from Europe, Survivor, Loverboy etc.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Jun 2017, 6:11pm

threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 5:15pm
It's also a great excuse to listen to cheeseball 80's anthems from Europe, Survivor, Loverboy etc.
I wish to withdraw my endorsement and switch to the draw-and-quarter position.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5279
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by revbob » 06 Jun 2017, 7:42pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 6:11pm
threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 5:15pm
It's also a great excuse to listen to cheeseball 80's anthems from Europe, Survivor, Loverboy etc.
I wish to withdraw my endorsement and switch to the draw-and-quarter position.
I'm going to have to second this,. ;)

threecoffins
User avatar
Sasquatch Determinator
Posts: 1732
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 10:33am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by threecoffins » 07 Jun 2017, 12:50am

revbob wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 7:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 6:11pm
threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 5:15pm
It's also a great excuse to listen to cheeseball 80's anthems from Europe, Survivor, Loverboy etc.
I wish to withdraw my endorsement and switch to the draw-and-quarter position.
I'm going to have to second this,. ;)
I would expect nothing less, gentlemen.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by JennyB » 07 Jun 2017, 9:21am

threecoffins wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:50am
revbob wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 7:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 6:11pm
threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 5:15pm
It's also a great excuse to listen to cheeseball 80's anthems from Europe, Survivor, Loverboy etc.
I wish to withdraw my endorsement and switch to the draw-and-quarter position.
I'm going to have to second this,. ;)
I would expect nothing less, gentlemen.
You just want a chance to listen to all of the Canadian, um, greats.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 7970
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Inder » 07 Jun 2017, 11:42am

JennyB wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 9:21am
threecoffins wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:50am
revbob wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 7:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 6:11pm
threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 5:15pm
It's also a great excuse to listen to cheeseball 80's anthems from Europe, Survivor, Loverboy etc.
I wish to withdraw my endorsement and switch to the draw-and-quarter position.
I'm going to have to second this,. ;)
I would expect nothing less, gentlemen.
You just want a chance to listen to all of the Canadian, um, greats.


Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Jun 2017, 12:12pm

Inder wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 11:42am
One of my first concert experiences was Platinum Blonde, touring in support of their subsequent album. Worse was the Flashdance-esque torn sweatshirt that I bought from the merch table. :disshame:
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

threecoffins
User avatar
Sasquatch Determinator
Posts: 1732
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 10:33am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by threecoffins » 07 Jun 2017, 12:20pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:12pm
Inder wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 11:42am
One of my first concert experiences was Platinum Blonde, touring in support of their subsequent album. Worse was the Flashdance-esque torn sweatshirt that I bought from the merch table. :disshame:
I'm really bummed there isn't any photographic proof here.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Jun 2017, 12:28pm

threecoffins wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:12pm
Inder wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 11:42am
One of my first concert experiences was Platinum Blonde, touring in support of their subsequent album. Worse was the Flashdance-esque torn sweatshirt that I bought from the merch table. :disshame:
I'm really bummed there isn't any photographic proof here.
I'm not sure I've ever worn anything more retroactively embarrassing in my life (which is really saying something). So, yeah, a white sweatshirt with sleeves torn off and the collar fashionably ripped open, and the band name on an embossed pink, I guess lipstick smear. But I wasn't alone—I'm gonna say a couple dozen people were wearing it at school the next day. Still, Jesus Christ …
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by JennyB » 07 Jun 2017, 2:47pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:28pm
threecoffins wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:12pm
Inder wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 11:42am
One of my first concert experiences was Platinum Blonde, touring in support of their subsequent album. Worse was the Flashdance-esque torn sweatshirt that I bought from the merch table. :disshame:
I'm really bummed there isn't any photographic proof here.
I'm not sure I've ever worn anything more retroactively embarrassing in my life (which is really saying something). So, yeah, a white sweatshirt with sleeves torn off and the collar fashionably ripped open, and the band name on an embossed pink, I guess lipstick smear. But I wasn't alone—I'm gonna say a couple dozen people were wearing it at school the next day. Still, Jesus Christ …
I have never heard of this brilliant band, but the fact that it has inspired this vision of beauty makes them, at least in my eyes, the greatest Canadian band ever.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Jun 2017, 3:13pm

JennyB wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 2:47pm
I have never heard of this brilliant band, but the fact that it has inspired this vision of beauty makes them, at least in my eyes, the greatest Canadian band ever.
My sister liked them because they wore extremely tight leather pants. They were probably the Canadian version of Duran Duran, tho I don't think they sniffed any success outside the Great White North.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

threecoffins
User avatar
Sasquatch Determinator
Posts: 1732
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 10:33am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by threecoffins » 07 Jun 2017, 3:57pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 3:13pm
JennyB wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 2:47pm
I have never heard of this brilliant band, but the fact that it has inspired this vision of beauty makes them, at least in my eyes, the greatest Canadian band ever.
My sister liked them because they wore extremely tight leather pants. They were probably the Canadian version of Duran Duran, tho I don't think they sniffed any success outside the Great White North.
They were no Glass Tiger!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Jun 2017, 4:15pm

threecoffins wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 3:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 3:13pm
JennyB wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 2:47pm
I have never heard of this brilliant band, but the fact that it has inspired this vision of beauty makes them, at least in my eyes, the greatest Canadian band ever.
My sister liked them because they wore extremely tight leather pants. They were probably the Canadian version of Duran Duran, tho I don't think they sniffed any success outside the Great White North.
They were no Glass Tiger!
Nor Honeymoon Suite. :yuck:
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7338
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Kory » 08 Jun 2017, 8:08pm

threecoffins wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:50am
revbob wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 7:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 6:11pm
threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 5:15pm
It's also a great excuse to listen to cheeseball 80's anthems from Europe, Survivor, Loverboy etc.
I wish to withdraw my endorsement and switch to the draw-and-quarter position.
I'm going to have to second this,. ;)
I would expect nothing less, gentlemen.
Great way to lose weight, at least...
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests