IMCT Running Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by laxman »

Great stuff. Looked like she cleared that with room to spare. Has she cleared higher in practice?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 4:07am
Great stuff. Looked like she cleared that with room to spare. Has she cleared higher in practice?
Yep but over a bungee not a bar.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

That's seriously amazing, Wally.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Top stuff mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Thanks guys very proud Dad day. 50.5W described it as “the best day of my life” after she finished signing autographs and taking selfies 😎
She got paid too which as any parent will know makes it another proud day.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 4:55am
laxman wrote:
Does she have a target height to clear in competition by the end of the current season?

She looked like she was having a great time, but must have been a bit weird competing with the crowd so close on either side of the runway (or whatever it is called).

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 4:33pm
101Walterton wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 4:55am
laxman wrote:
Does she have a target height to clear in competition by the end of the current season?

She looked like she was having a great time, but must have been a bit weird competing with the crowd so close on either side of the runway (or whatever it is called).
One last big International Comp this Sunday then training stripped back to basics and start building for World Under 20 Champs in Finland in July.
Be nice to finish season with another PB or close to but target now is World Champs and that is all about where you finish. Target to make final then after that everything is a bonus.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Congrats 101
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Quick little 5k this morning (part of the Brewers Running series - every few weeks a different Colorado brewery will be hosting a 5k), first of the season. I've been running sporadically over the winter, so this was a good way to shake some of the rust off. Came in sub-10minutes per mile, on a pretty hill-laden course, so that was pleasing. Starting Monday I begin my training regimen for the Napa to Sonoma half marathon in July (gotta be good enough to not get totally smoked by my younger sister- a powerful motivator). I'll probably sprinkle a few 5ks and a 10k or two in between.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 6:32pm
Quick little 5k this morning (part of the Brewers Running series
As long as you can outrun Gorman Thomas, you're doing okay.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Flex wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 6:32pm
Quick little 5k this morning (part of the Brewers Running series - every few weeks a different Colorado brewery will be hosting a 5k), first of the season. I've been running sporadically over the winter, so this was a good way to shake some of the rust off. Came in sub-10minutes per mile, on a pretty hill-laden course, so that was pleasing. Starting Monday I begin my training regimen for the Napa to Sonoma half marathon in July (gotta be good enough to not get totally smoked by my younger sister- a powerful motivator). I'll probably sprinkle a few 5ks and a 10k or two in between.
Nice one. 30 mins then?

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Just broke last week's personal record and ran for 28 minutes. Next week it'll be 30 minutes of nonstop running which brings my Couch to 5K programme to a close. Feeling so well for it - getting pretty addicted and proud of having come this far from not being able to run for more than three minutes. Improvement in my concentration and general state of mind has been huge.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 12:36pm
Just broke last week's personal record and ran for 28 minutes. Next week it'll be 30 minutes of nonstop running which brings my Couch to 5K programme to a close. Feeling so well for it - getting pretty addicted and proud of having come this far from not being able to run for more than three minutes. Improvement in my concentration and general state of mind has been huge.
Good on ya man. It's great feeling like you broke a barrier or got to the next level in effort. You gonna keep at it?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Flex wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 12:42pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Good on ya man. It's great feeling like you broke a barrier or got to the next level in effort. You gonna keep at it?
I am, I love it now. Going to take your advice and sign up for a 5K with other people. And if I like being surrounded by a bunch of losers who like to run, I'll train for the 10k.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Congrats, man! It's a real act of faith to keep at it until it becomes a habit. I've found it useful to apply my poor self-esteem into punishing exercise every day—do it, asshole; ride that bike, you lazy shithead. Turn poor mental health into good physical health!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft