IMCT Running Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 5:53pm
Definitely. This years Comm Games was never a realistic goal she is targeting Under 20 World Champs in Finland in July which she is qualified for.
Tokyo Olympics probably too soon so Birmingham Comm Games 2022 is most likely.
PV very technical and strength based so yes she is 10 years away from peaking and vaulters often st their best in 30’s.
She still has another year in school so no rush.
Her coach doesn’t even let her do the same weights as the seniors in training.
So her achievements to date are incredible. Fingers crossed that she will continue to make carefully structured progress over the next few years.

Good luck persuading her that Birmingham is a lot more attractive than Tokyo ;)

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 6:21pm
101Walterton wrote:
Definitely. This years Comm Games was never a realistic goal she is targeting Under 20 World Champs in Finland in July which she is qualified for.
PV very technical and strength based so yes she is 10 years away from peaking and vaulters often st their best in 30’s.
So her achievements to date are incredible. Fingers crossed that she will continue to make carefully structured progress over the next few years.

Haha I was quoting her from a full page article on front of sports pages of paper on Friday complete with headline and big photo 😊

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

101Walterton wrote:
Well, I'll get the drinks in in 2022.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 10:22am
101Walterton wrote:
Well, I'll get the drinks in in 2022.
It will be the marathon not the sprints.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Big milestone day for me with my cycling. I hit an average of 10 miles per days over the past 365 days due to longer basement rides than last year and fewer rest days (I'm about 600 km and 14 days ahead of last year's indoor pace). Since around Christmas, my rides consistently break average speeds of 40 kph, and I've finished at 41 kph once. All in all, a step forward on conditioning that I hope means I can get into summer riding shape sooner.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 6:21pm
101Walterton wrote:

Drama on the weekend at the NZ National Champs!!!!
50.5W easily won the Under 20 gold on Saturday then lined up for the senior comp on Sunday. The no.1 seed was still away having competed at the World Indoor Championships in Birmingham last weekend. The '#2' seed who is the 2nd NZ athlete selected for the Comm. Games then got injured in the warm up. By the time 50.5W entered the competition at 3.75m everyone else was out. She cleared her opening height 1st attempt to win the gold medal and the senior national title with one jump!!!
She raised the bar to 4.00m and easily cleared it then went to 4.15m (a new PB height) and cleared that at the 3rd attempt.
Then it got really interesting. She put the bar to 4.20m which is a Comm Games qualifier and although not a NZ standard if she cleared it and the injured athlete could recover in time she would be eligible for selection. She got over the bar but knocked off on the way down :disshame:
Another chance next Sunday.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Brilliant stuff, looked like she cleared it by a long way when she did her PB. Is her run up relatively short? I thought they ran further than that.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 2:37pm
Brilliant stuff, looked like she cleared it by a long way when she did her PB. Is her run up relatively short? I thought they ran further than that.
No that is 16 steps which is pretty standard although some do 18. When her team mate won bronze in Rio she did it off 12 steps which is very rare at that level.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 3:12pm
laxman wrote:
No that is 16 steps which is pretty standard although some do 18. When her team mate won bronze in Rio she did it off 12 steps which is very rare at that level.
Thanks, maybe it is because the camera work isn’t normally so side on that I thought they were running further. Her team mate must be seriously powerful!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 7:52pm
101Walterton wrote:
laxman wrote:
Thanks, maybe it is because the camera work isn’t normally so side on that I thought they were running further. Her team mate must be seriously powerful!
She is tall and has great technique.
That is the thing about PV you don’t have to be a certain body type like most athletic events you adapt your style for you strengths and physique.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 8:54pm
5:30 winning jump
23:40PB

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=12009632
Brilliant mate, you must be so proud.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 8:08pm
101Walterton wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 8:54pm
5:30 winning jump
23:40PB

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=12009632
Brilliant mate, you must be so proud.
Thanks mate yes I am. Years of hardwork!!
She just picked up her first sponsor who pay her to post on Social Media and has just filmed her first advert 😎

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 8:04pm
laxman wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
laxman wrote:
That is the thing about PV you don’t have to be a certain body type like most athletic events you adapt your style for you strengths and physique.
I hadn’t ever thought that through, but it makes sense. I love the power your daughter gets at the start of her run, really impressive. I’m not sure I could do that not holding a pole!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 10:08am
101Walterton wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 8:04pm
laxman wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
laxman wrote:
I hadn’t ever thought that through, but it makes sense. I love the power your daughter gets at the start of her run, really impressive. I’m not sure I could do that not holding a pole!
This was yesterday - 54:30